Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    scorpion > aslan

Honestly the idea behind the scorpion is cool due to the fact of how unique it is, but it does being up a few concerns for me:

The idea behind the guild mounts was to show off your guild specific tabard on the mount as you rode it into combat.. Where will this go on the Scorpion?

The stinger on the back end of the Scorpion will undoubtedly be moving in and out of the player model during it's ran animation giving the appearance as though the player were being attacked.

And lastly, did anyone else seem to notice the quality difference between the mounts? The Scorpion is done in great detail throughout the entire model, while the Lion on the other hand seems to be almost smeared texture across several parts - the mane in particular.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

I don't see how Scorpions match the horde at all. Someone please break it down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    I don't see how Scorpions match the horde at all. Someone please break it down to me.
    Wolves, kodos and raptors all represent the horde pretty well, but their already being used. I think they just didn't know what to give Horde. So now they get scorpions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless your scorpok is as big as the ones in Clash of the Titans film!

Quote Originally Posted by Store1989 View Post
    Have to agree with Matrone, seems like it's new and *shiny* thats why i like it
    So its the equivalent to a sparkle pony?

Quote Originally Posted by Orakin View Post
    There is no way a Scorpion could outspeed a Lion...

Not sure how they'll handle it but I'm pretty sure "100% movement speed" Scorpions will look fuzzy.

Discuss.
    Because its World of Realworldcraft, eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orakin View Post
    I just don't get it. Boars would have make alot more sense and would have been awesome to ride on. I can't wait to see my Giant Tauren riding a Giant Scorpion.... /sarcasm

Oh, and out of all thing, I can't wait to see that segmented tail with the venomous stinger hit my back as I jump into some action!!

Boars. That would have been an amazing idea for horde. They were gonna use em for worgen, but they scrapped that apparently, so now they aren't being used. Riding a giant angry boar would be awesome, I almost can't believe they aren't doing that. As interesting as a scorpion mount might be, a boar mount would have embodied much more of the feeling of the horde, massive strength, endurance, and unstoppable ferocity.

Lions are good.
    Scorpions are evil.

Alliance is good.
    Horde is evil.

It's not so hard, is it? I love the scorpions, they're dark, nasty and evil, which is pretty good for a horde mount. They already have wolves etc, and boars are not evil, they're just stupid.

Scorpion mount: I approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Lions are good.
    Scorpions are evil.

Alliance is good.
    Horde is evil.

It's not so hard, is it? I love the scorpions, they're dark, nasty and evil, which is pretty good for a horde mount. They already have wolves etc, and boars are not evil, they're just stupid.

Your ignorance on this matter is bleeding through my computer.

If anything you're doing it wrong

Lions in real life kill, so do scorpions differences are that how they look pretty much and how they kill. One rips the other to shreds one poisons something.

Both alliance and horde are good/evil it's more of a

Alliance = "civilized" faction
    Horde = "savage" faction

Both animals are extremely deadly in their own rights it's just that a lion has for sometime been the icon of the humans and the scorpions fit very well into the desert that is durotar/org

"While the sting of virtually all scorpions contains venom, only a small percentage of scorpions have a sting that could be considered potentially dangerous to humans. There are over 1000 different species of scorpions in the world, and the potency of their venom varies greatly. Their reputation precedes them as venomous killers, but truth of the matter is that less than 10% of all the species of scorpion known have a sting that is considered dangerous, and less than 5% have a sting that is potentially lethal. Most species are no more dangerous than a honeybee."

Pwned!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lions are good.
    Scorpions are evil.

Alliance is good.
    Horde is evil.

How are scorpions "evil"? How is the Horde "evil" for that matter? By the same token... how are lions and the Alliance "good"??

Lions are the image of valiance, courage, chivalry etc. That's why they fit the Alliance.
    Unfortunately I don't see how this logic applies to scorpions and the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UisceKitty View Post
    Boars. That would have been an amazing idea for horde. They were gonna use em for worgen, but they scrapped that apparently, so now they aren't being used. Riding a giant angry boar would be awesome, I almost can't believe they aren't doing that. As interesting as a scorpion mount might be, a boar mount would have embodied much more of the feeling of the horde, massive strength, endurance, and unstoppable ferocity.
    Can you imagine the rage (from me) from people if Blizzard took away the Worgen concept mount and gave it to the Horde? That would be the shitstorm of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Can you imagine the rage (from me) from people if Blizzard took away the Worgen concept mount and gave it to the Horde? That would be the shitstorm of the century.
    I'd much rather have a scorpion over a boar, i mean come on short of them completely reworking current models i may have to break down and just cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth View Post
    Lions are the image of valiance, courage, chivalry etc. That's why they fit the Alliance.
    Unfortunately I don't see how this logic applies to scorpions and the Horde.
    Well, it might fit with Sylvanus, but definitely not that rest of the Horde.

Lions are good.
    Scorpions are evil.

Alliance is good.
    Horde is evil.

I'd have to disagree, about the evilness. (Pre-cata) Blizzard went to some effort to make it so that both Alliance and Horde had their good and evil moments, and the only really evil faction really is the burning legion, including scourge. Granted, many undead and blood elves might be called evil, and some orcs and trolls maybe, but just as many Horde are noble and good, especially Tauren. The Alliance has its fair share of evil as well. Night Elves are dark elves, in most games evil, though in wow it is turned around, but they still immediately attacked both horde and alliance in WC3. Gnomes are evil (yeah yeah, who knows really, I still say they're evil). Humans and Night Elves have been the cause of many if not most of the problems with the legion and old gods, and there are a ton of evil humans.

Also take the fact that scorpions and lions are animals, they are in no way inherently good or evil, attaching those concepts to them really has no meaning other than you think one is more pleasant than the other. They'll both kill you with as little care. You arguments is very flawed in my opinion, so while I respect your opinion that scorpions are cool as horde mounts, saying it's because they're evil proves that you don't follow game lore or know anything about animal behavior.

Deleted
    Alliance = Good because Lions = Good, because Lion = Aslan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alyshira View Post
    Alliance = Good because Lions = Good, because Lion = Aslan!

You created a forum account to post that?

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Your ignorance on this matter is bleeding through my computer.

If anything you're doing it wrong

Lions in real life kill, so do scorpions differences are that how they look pretty much and how they kill. One rips the other to shreds one poisons something.

Both alliance and horde are good/evil it's more of a

Alliance = "civilized" faction
    Horde = "savage" faction

Both animals are extremely deadly in their own rights it's just that a lion has for sometime been the icon of the humans and the scorpions fit very well into the desert that is durotar/org
    I'm not talking Animal Planet here, I'm talking myths and stories.

Lions are seen as proud creatures in mythology, while scorpions are seen as evil. Lions are the kings of animals, great creatures in pretty much all stories I know of.
    Scorpions are never positive in stories, see the frog & the scorpion etc. They're known as simply evil creatures.

I don't mean literally "horde = evil, alliance = good", coz it's never that simple of course. I agree on your horde & alliance savage/civilized difference.

However, I simply wanted to state the point that a scorpion suits the evil (or rather 'savage') Horde quite well, while a lion suits the good (or rather 'civilized', proud, whatever) Alliance quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.