Ideas for expansions after Cataclysm

I always loved to speculate what will future WOW wxpansions be about.Here i wrote down my basic concept for WoWs future expansions, very generalised but feel free to post any interesting and fun ideas you have for future expansions.

1. WoW: Tides of Doom - theme: naga invasion,battle for control of the high seas between Alliance, Horde ,pirates and goblin cartels.
    level range:85-90
    new races: no new races but more options and general redesign of old ones.By this i mean adding Kul Tiras human origin choice for humans, Taunka for tauren, MagHar for orcs etc
    new classes: none
    new zones: Kul Tiras & the Great Sea(islands and stuff)
    main boss: Azshara

2. WoW: Revenge of the Fallen (ye i know transformers but it sounds cool and the Fallen is one of the names for Sargeras) -theme: War to extinction with the burning legiong, on Azeroth Outland and beyone
    level range:90-95
    new races:none
    new classes: Demon Hunter (well its obvious xD)
    new zones: It would take places mostly on other worlds dimensions (Nathrezim homeworld for example) and the twisting nether, also some changes to Outland and Azeroth (battles for control of
    portals and more legion content in old zones)
    main boss: Sargeras ofc, but this time we kill him for good

3.WoW:Return of the Titans -theme: Old Gods are set free and titans return, but we find out that titans are not really that empathic so it turns in a 2 front battle.On one front the fight against the old gods, on the other trying to stop the titans from just reformatting our world. Possibilities would be huge imagine porting to a Titan starship to stop an exterminatus weapon countdown themed raid :O amagad so cool.Later maybe titans help us
    level range: 95-100
    new classes: none
    new races:none
    new zones: i was thinking maybe some sort of an underworld OIld gods made while imprisoned, also titan ships and bases and maybe they also set up some more bases planetside
    boss: the old god pantheon and the titan pantheon , what more epic than that could we ask for?

So this is like a very very basic concept of new expansions but it would be so damn great if blizzard took this path, at least to me.

---------- Post added 2010-09-19 at 07:19 PM ----------

also one idea ive had for long time is connecting the starcraft and warcraft universe.

In starcraft it turns out the xel naga=titans and the dark voice=sargeras, and in warcraft we find out Sargeras was absent because he was in the korpulu sector and is about to bring a nasty zerg swar down upon us :O now that would be truly epic

15+ Year Old Account
    Tides of doom would go along the lines of a major patch in my opinion. LAdy Azshara being the last boss of said raid. No need for a whole expansion for that. Could likely be at the end of Cataclysm.

Revenge of the Fallen, yes corny name, but I would like to see a continuation of the burning legion story line, it was my favorite of them all. Going back to Outland and possibly another planet would be loads of fun for me.

Return of the Titans would defiantly be one of the last expansions for WoW, Sargeras being the last boss of all bosses. Not much to say here other than Azeroth being purged of all evil and we all live happily ever after.

Can't forget the Emerald Dream idea though. That still needs to be added in some shape way or form, as it is a huge part of WoW's story line/lore.

IMO it would be much better if Azshara, Kul Tiras and the great ses had their own expansion, i agree that compared to the other 2 expansions Azsharas expansions seems much better fit into a content patch but maybe they could combine great sees and emerald dream into one expansion?

It doesent really matter that the 2 story arcs are hardly connected , they can still be in the same expansion as a major update to the old world.

Also i think it would be best if in the last expansion Titans and Old Gods die/depart forever, and Azerothian peoples are free to forge their own destiny.As for Sargeras maybe even better idea is that with the destruction of the burning legion we manage to cure Sargeras of his maddnes and he finds redemption in helping us fight off the titans and the old gods.

Since blizz has no ideas for a new mmo itll have to expand wow till it gets rly boring.
    And that is a 2-8 yrs more...
    And yes good ideas but i think the last idea sux cuz fighting sargeras just 2 xpansions from now is too soon you know...
    New planets (like outland but different) are AWESOME idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Djoxy View Post
    Since blizz has no ideas for a new mmo itll have to expand wow till it gets rly boring.
    And that is a 2-8 yrs more...
    And yes good ideas but i think the last idea sux cuz fighting sargeras just 2 xpansions from now is too soon you know...
    New planets (like outland but different) are AWESOME idea...
    They have a plan for a new MMO, Cod name Titan. They just havn't said much about it. My gues is something sci-fi like. seeing how blizz is going to make it its either going to be EPIC or just get many players just because its blizz. They are good developers acctually, in long term every games get boring so thats why wow is meh. Even though its better than it was before ( in some parts)

Sargeras would make most sense as the main villain in the Titan Expansion. Mainly because 1.) He is a fallen titan and hates his old buddies and 2.) He is no longer the leader of the Burning Legion. Kil'Jaeden is currently in that position and using him as the main villain of the legion expansion would free up Sargeras for the Titan expansion.

If we go to 100 and we get 3 more expansions, I'm willing to bet large sums of money it will go down something like this.

Expansion 4

Villain - Azshara
    Theme - Naga

Expansion 5

Villain - Kil'Jaeden
    Theme - Burning Legion

Expansion 6

Villain - Sargeras
    Theme - Titans/Old Gods

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

10+ Year Old Account
    Read my sig.

Otherwise, depending on what happens with N'Zoth and the Emerald Nightmare during Cata, we could possibly see the Dream as the focus of a future expansion. It's certainly big enough.

A Naga expansion could involve Azshara raising the sunken portions of Kalimdor to the surface to create new zones to explore, and there's always exploring more of Outland, or more worlds using Outland's various dark portals - those portals could make good entrances to various individual zones across the universe, in the same way that Cata has 5 high-end zones scattered across the old world.