Thread: why arena?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

why arena?

to my understanding, in cata you will be able to get top end pvp gear by doing just bgs. so people can just do bgs to get honor and top end pvp gear, while arena doesnt give honor. so if this is true the only thing arena provides at that point will be entertainment. i think arenas should then be able to give honor also. again just wanted to confirm this and see what others thought. dont rage on me bro =o

Personal and team rating = requirements to buy the pvp tier gear.

Thats why people will be doing arenas..

Edit: And arena gives honor aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleduck View Post

but the rated bgs i thought were enough to get top end pvp gear for that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleduck View Post

You can do rated BGs for personal rating to buy the top pvp gear.

You will not be able to obtain the t2 weapons or the tabards etc. through BGs. Also Disco, not all of us like the retarded swarmfests that are BGs.

W do it for the mounts, titles, epix and efame!

If arenas and rated BG's provide equally viable paths to high-end gear, arenas will still probably be faster. It's a lot quicker to run 10 rated games in arena than even 2-3 rated BG's. The weekly cap on points will ensure that both routes get you the gear at the same time; but arenas will require less time investment.

Also the logistics of organizing arena teams are much easier than organizing BG teams.

Ironically, arenas may end up much better for casual PVPers.

(Not to mention that many people just like arena better.)
    Last edited by Direpanda; 2010-09-19 at 09:45 PM.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    You can do rated BGs for personal rating to buy the top pvp gear.

You will not be able to obtain the t2 weapons or the tabards etc. through BGs. Also Disco, not all of us like the retarded swarmfests that are BGs.
    i actually like arenas more, i was just curious and wanted some feedback from others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love arenas but rated BG is something I've been hoping for. Now my guildies and I can form together after doing our arenas for the week and do some rated BG. We always tried to group together and enter BG's but the queue usually took so long.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

i read that the weekly cap for points on arena will be higher than rated BG's as well.

Arena PVP is very much based on the "two teams enter, one leaves" concept.

When you walk into Arena, you don't need to worry about flags, geography, tactical leadership etc...

It all comes down to who is more skilled. It's for the people that enjoy doing the 1v1 thing in the Dal sewers for hours on end.

They're two very different forms of PvP.

Unfortunately, Arena has been allowed to shine because Blizzard has put effort into laying down ground rules and making adjustments to classes based on the seasons.

Compared to BGs, where it's still possible to jump over the starting gate in AB and start capping nodes before the game has even begun, Blizzard has never taken them as seriously.

That is set to change very soon.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wingcommander View Post
    i read that the weekly cap for points on arena will be higher than rated BG's as well.
    Of course this is true because arenas tend to be more focused and much shorter. While a disconnect of combatant could mean the win or loss of an entire game, that isn't so in rated BGs.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow