Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm actually surprised I did not see the Lucifer = Sargares connection sooner. I mean, I saw the both looked like an iconic "devil" and controlled legions of "demons", but not the origin story, I missed that part. Both were the "Angels of Justice" that soon drove themselves to think differently than their original beliefs and turn "evil".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    I'm actually surprised I did not see the Lucifer = Sargares connection sooner. I mean, I saw the both looked like an iconic "devil" and controlled legions of "demons", but not the origin story, I missed that part. Both were the "Angels of Justice" that soon drove themselves to think differently than their original beliefs and turn "evil".
    mind = blown, feel free to help yourself with some internets, my good sir !!

Deleted
    His girlfriend.

Zing!

No seriously, it's hard to tell. I mean, he's one of the titans and it's pretty much said that they are the supreme beings. I doubt an Old God could touch them (and also, Old Gods seem to hang around Azeroth, Titans... don't.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Yes, i find that quite acceptable.
    Glad it passed the mighty one's test of plausability.

I'm sticking with the story on wowwiki, the thought of the old gods being behind YET ANOTHER villain is utterly utterly repetitive (see what I did there?), tiresome, and boring. It's such an easy cop out for a real backstory, and I refuse to accept any notion based on pure speculation about old god's corrupting anything, let alone Sargeras, unless there is something in the legitimate lore that suggests it. (No, a gradual descent into madness is not solely caused by old gods).

And besides, it's not as if he's insane, he's just an incredibly evil son of a bitch.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Also, werent the Nathezims supposed to be masters of deceit and persuasion or something ?
    *checks Wowwiki*
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Nathrezim

"masters of deceit" indeed, maybe Sargeras' fight against this race did leave him scarred in his vision of the Universe.. I'd rather have some Old Gods connexion too, being a big fan of this part of the lore, but seeing how they're pretty much at the center of all Evil on Azeroth since C'thun, i fear people may be sick of hearing about them on a daily basis...

Players haven't had much troubles defeating old gods, but even titans herald was quite hard. And sargeras is strongest of titans. Why it always has to be corruption. In sunwell trilogy was that sargeras had just despair and went crazy.

If you look at the Old Gods relative location you would see that they couldn't have anything to do with Sargeras's corruption. The old gods are deemed as such since they are the old gods of Azeroth, but at the point of Sargeras's corruption he hadnt been to Azeroth yet. To go along with what wowwiki.com says with the story is that he was corrupted by the Nazretheim since in his war to eradicate them from existence they slowly ate away at his mind, filling it with horrible thoughts. I mean think about how bad it must have been for the most powerful (in at least a destructive sense) of the titans to try and destroy a foe that couldn't be killed. Then imagine those foes telling you that the reason they were immortal was because the titans made them that way. The latter part doesn't matter if its true or not, Sargeras's whole reality would have been shaken at that point since he met something he couldn't obliterate with relatively no problem, and from that point it wouldn't take much to strike them with thoughts that would be contrary to their natural way of thinking and have them believe it.

TLDR; Blizzard says that the Nazretheim corrupted Sargeras so the Nazertheim corrupted Sargeras.

We do not know the true power of the Old Gods, we merely fight their surface forms whilst the Titans fought them in their entirity - and the fight was close.

Sargeras was already corrupted - thats a given. But why did the Titans decide to target Azeroth at all? Sure if the Old Gods actually died (properly) then Azeroth would die - but in the grand scheme of things why would the Titans actually give a shit? They can go play with another planet after Azeroth was destroyed - unless of course there is more to the Old Gods.

Why imprison what you can destroy? What benefits can come from keeping the Old Gods alive? - They have already shown their lack of care for the world with Algalon - and as the shapers and victors over the Old Gods, could surely have just removed Azeroth from existance.

Perhaps the Old Gods and Azeroth in general were targetted for population and imprisonment because:

1. The Old Gods helped to turn Sargeras a bit nasty - this DOES NOT make him their servant, sometimes to win a battle against a more powerful foe you merely corrupt him without the intention of killing him or allowing him to be aware of your existance. (Titans after Revenge)
    2. Old Gods have been imprisoned because they hold the key to defeating Sargeras, Chaos defeating Chaos etc etc. (Titans using Old Gods & Sarg to kill each other).
    3. The denizens of Azeroth have a larger part to play (universally). (Me and my super sexy guild will kill everything, cus we is wicked).

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, people talk out of their ass SO often

FACTS:

1.) The Titans aren't the super-omega-ultra beings you see them as. As I have previously stated, a Titan has fell to an Old God before. Though it isn't known if the Titan "died in an way", it's been suggested it was C'Thun who did this.

2.) There are Old Gods EVERYWHERE THROUGHOUT the Twisting Nether, NOT JUST AZEROTH.

Seriously, if you're going to debate in a lore speculation thread, at least know what you're talking about.