Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

BC/WotLK Enchanting Mats in Cata

So I've been leveling up my alts to pass the time until cata hits, don't really have way to much time to play so I just bust out a few quests here and there. I currently have a ton of enchanting mats from BC and WotLK and was just wondering if you all think that prices for these mats will increase or decrease once Cata hits. I'm on a very high populated server if that helps. Thanks.

BC will probably stay put except for general inflation, LK will fall at first since the demand isn't there anymore, then rise once they get scarcer.

From what I have seen with old expansions is a drop in prices in the few weeks prior to the release then they surge back up in price as ppl reroll and power lvl professions. I am sure like with mongoose and 18 stam to sheild from BC there will be an enchant or two that ppl continue to use in Cata that alone will keep demand for mats up. If nothing else put enchants on vellums once it becomes clear what the enchants are that hold or increase in value. If the mats dont move the scrolls will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    From what I have seen with old expansions is a drop in prices in the few weeks prior to the release then they surge back up in price as ppl reroll and power lvl professions.
    ^^This. You need to combine this with the fact that there are going to be a lot of rerolls due to new class/race combos, so the demand for profession leveling mats will be quite high once cata hits. There has traditionally been low supply, high demand once these things go live.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...