Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopiak View Post
    I dont have them, and im not saying that its not amazing, although Id imagine the difference between ICC 25 gear and a 30% buff wouldnt be that different. Specifically H LK on 10 man was defeated before the buff was out but in 25 gear, so while yes it is a very skilled thing to do, It isnt quite amazing as I thought it would have been from reading the tile being that I generally enjoy seeing 10 strict videos & guilds succeed


    Yeah I was disappointed they never had one
    Go play in the street instead of posting. Do you really think it would be a world 2nd if it wasn't that difficult?

    "hey gais.... i have no experience pushing content and really don't know what i'm talking abiout... but i'm going to post anyway.... okay?" try pulling off a Tribute to Insanity rocking all 226 gear. It would be about 1/3 as difficult. Now immagine that you didn't have 15 months of farming this boss to learn the mechanics and learn how to react.

  2. #22
    The nerd rage in this thread is strong! On another note, congrats to those involved. Playing the game for what it is today & not for what it will be in the coming months.
    Last edited by Bluedevil21; 2010-09-21 at 05:25 AM. Reason: spelling

  3. #23
    The nerd rage in this thread is strong! On another note, congrats to those involved. Playing the game for what it is today & not for what it will be in the coming months.
    Last edited by protection66; 2010-09-21 at 05:58 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    Strict 10 man basically means we have under 8 people who have killed marrowgar on 25. We have 3 people who have done 25's at least once. However the only person with actual 25 man gear is our boomkin, but he only has boots from 25 which are basically equal to the leather ones of LDW.
    That doesn't sound very strict to me. Strict means ONLY 10 man gear yes?

  5. #25
    You just said it yourself. Your moonkin has 25man gear. You are disqualified.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Gogetaex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    540
    Congratulations, just remember. Haters be hatin'.

    Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity View Post
    lets see your H LK kills.
    Since when do you need a H LK kill to post your opinion.

    Please tell me how it is impressive to kill HC LK 10 man with 30% buff this short before Cataclysm release (how many months is that?). People killed him on 10 man months ago with ilvl 264/251 gear without buff already. I also doubt this is US first even if it's a strict 10 man guild. I don't think many people are bothered to post this kind of "first kills"...

    So we only did it with 264 gear. It's a challenge. Should we have had it sooner? Probably. But regardless, it was gratifying. Big congrats goes to every member of the guild who put in attempts and time on it, especially the ones who volunteered to sit for the kill.
    There are many people who already done it with ilvl 264 gear months ago. Grats on your kill and I understand it's a challenge and you are proud of it but did you really had to post that here and call it a world first?

    Gz and sorry but people posting this and call it horde EU first strict 10 man LK hc kill is just pathetic.

    Edit: don't get me wrong. If you just posted: "Hi, we finally killed LK HC with our 10 man strict guild and it was awesome." I would have just congratulated you.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    You just said it yourself. Your moonkin has 25man gear. You are disqualified.
    Last time i checked, 10 ICC heroic drops 264 level gear. 25 ICC Normal drops 264 level gear. Technically their moonkin wasn't using an item higher level than what's available from 10 man. Besides, a pair of boots wouldn't be THE deciding factor of a kill or wipe.

    Even with a 30% buff, there are guilds who haven't done H LK yet. The fact that guilds have done it without 277 or higher in 10 man, even w/o a 30% buff is impressive, but getting a Heroic kill is just as impressive, even this far into ICC. Congrats on the kill!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfous View Post
    That doesn't sound very strict to me. Strict means ONLY 10 man gear yes?
    See this is the problem, and where most of the flaming/ranting is going to come from. Saying its like the titles for Uld/Toc or whatever is not strictly true. Those are rules set upon by the game itself. This has been set up by players themselves, and I've heard many different variations as to what is "allowed". For example, several people in the Typhoon Struggle (world first) thread said no 25 man gear at all, even from previous tiers. Then it turned out that one of their guys was wearing the ToC25 caster trinket and someone said ToC25 stuff was allowed as long as it wasnt heroic. Something like that anyway. Having a quick read on the guildox website, VoA25 and Ony25 are considered allowed as well (ony is understandable as the gear is fairly low, but VoA is still dropping gear on the level of HC ICC10). And there is still stuff thats a bit vague. No more than 8 players can have a Marrowgar kill, but what after that? Does it exempt you for further kills, or can you have 7 players clearing up to the lich king? Your boomkin has 25 man boots, the ones from Gunship?

    Its still a decent accomplishment, and you should be congratulated for it. But on the other hand, setting this precedent for lauding people based on a set of arbitrary and sometimes vague rules is something that bothers me. For example, whats to stop the next lot claiming a "true" world first if they dont have anyone with 25 man ICC gear in?

    Apologies for sounding like I'm taking away from what you've done though, it still is a very good feat.
    Last edited by russykh; 2010-09-21 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Torezel View Post
    Last time i checked, 10 ICC heroic drops 264 level gear. 25 ICC Normal drops 264 level gear. Technically their moonkin wasn't using an item higher level than what's available from 10 man. Besides, a pair of boots wouldn't be THE deciding factor of a kill or wipe.

    Even with a 30% buff, there are guilds who haven't done H LK yet. The fact that guilds have done it without 277 or higher in 10 man, even w/o a 30% buff is impressive, but getting a Heroic kill is just as impressive, even this far into ICC. Congrats on the kill!
    Last time i checked, 10m STRICT means, oddly enough, 10m gear ONLY. I don't give a shit about the ilvl; he was wearing equipment dropped in the 25man version of the instance.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    For example, several people in the Typhoon Struggle (world first) thread said no 25 man gear at all, even from previous tiers. Then it turned out that one of their guys was wearing the ToC25 caster trinket and someone said ToC25 stuff was allowed as long as it wasnt heroic. Something like that anyway.
    There was alot of discussing going on about "stricht" rules on guildox then we made the first stricht kill on the list (The Typhoon Struggle)

    In our case we decided then icc came that noone at all was allowed to do any 25 man icc kills at all. We had the 245 ilevel caster trinket in the raid from toc25 man normal,but every single 264 item in the raid was from ICC 10 man, crafted or badge vendor.

    Still it is a very nice kill and gz to Vortex on getting it.

    I look forward to the 10 man in cataclysm and the possibility to compete more with same item level.

  12. #32
    Gz on finding content you enjoy and a challenge outside of the norm - Wish more people would do similar things and still find fun in it.

    Just read some more replies and didn't realise you cheated. Might wish to remove this thread mate, your guild will suffer - I'm sure you could have done it without those boots however the kill contained loot from ICC25 - Strict rules are there for a reason, so it doesn't count...better luck next week.
    Last edited by killzwitch; 2010-09-21 at 10:48 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    Last time i checked, 10m STRICT means, oddly enough, 10m gear ONLY. I don't give a shit about the ilvl; he was wearing equipment dropped in the 25man version of the instance.
    This.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    Last time i checked, 10m STRICT means, oddly enough, 10m gear ONLY. I don't give a shit about the ilvl; he was wearing equipment dropped in the 25man version of the instance.
    actually you are wrong.

    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=2&s=1&r=&w=

    progress, 10 man strict. vortex is on the list. i dont make up the rules, you dont make up the rules.

    if you wanna get upset and say they didnt do something awesome because 1 boomkin was wearing 1 pair of boots that were probably a sidegrade and just saved himself 5K gold instead of recrafting them then you have the problem. Also, he had no obligation to waste 5K gold crafting them for the sake of making it 10 man strict, cause im sure people in a 10m strict guild probably know the rules a bit better than most other people.

    The requirements to maintain the 10m strict guild rating is pretty strict. Theres some lenience to allow for some pugs (because i mean, people are allowed to do other things just because they are in a 10m guild). The guild is 10m strict, and they still managed to kill HLK10. Whether the kill was 10m strict or not, who really cares. its still proven that only 1 US 10m strict guild has done it, which means its probably a bit harder than people realize.

  15. #35
    What are the 10-man 'strict' guild rankings?

    The 10-man strict rankings show the achievements of pure 10-man raiding guilds. A 'pure' 10-man raiding guild is one that does not participate in 25m progression content. We recognize that 25-man guilds or guilds that regularly participate in 25m pug runs often have a distinct advantage since they can gear up at accelerated rates and move faster through 10-man content. Consequently, our 10-man strict rankings exclude guilds which access any 25-man content that offers higher ilvl gear than what the current 10-man normal content provides. If you are a 10m guild that has members which want to run 25 man pugs then the 'strict' classification is not for you.

    First introduced by GuildOx in early 2009 - we became the innovator of 10m strict guild rankings.

    What is the 10-man 'strict' criteria?

    Guilds will be excluded when they earn any Icecrown Citadel (ICC) 25 normal kills or any TotGC 25 hard-mode kills. Guilds must also have their 10M Progress World Rank be better than (lower than) their 25M Progress World Rank.

    We have added a special trigger for the ICC 25 normal kills that will exclude a guild from strict rankings when 8 players achieve it over time. For example, if your guild pugs ICC 25 normal then you will be excluded from the strict rankings when a total of 8 players in your guild participate in the Lord Marrowgar 25 normal kill. Please ensure you discourage your guild members from participating in any ICC 25 normal and TotGC 25 hard-mode runs if you wish to remain on the strict rankings. Also be sure minimize the recruitment of players that have previously achieved these kills since they will contribute to the guild total, regardless of when they achieved it. VoA 25 and Onyxia 25 are exempt from the criteria and can be run without risking your 10m strict rankings.

    Special tip: If you wish to remain on the 10-man strict list over the long term then be sure to have your guild stay within the criteria - we are unable to remove earned achievements once they are in the GuildOx database. Also note that the criteria will change as new content is released. The best approach to future-proof your strict ranking is to advise your guild members not to run any 25-man content that features higher iLevel gear when compared to the current 10-man normal content. We reserve the right to tighten the criteria at any time if we judge that guilds are 'gaming' the strict rankings.


    ^ Those are the 10 man strict rules. If they're to hard for you to understand, than I'm sorry. We don't make the rules, you don't make the rules, blizzard doesn't make the rules. Guild-Ox makes the rules, because they do the rankings. No one in the guild has done a 25 man at all while they were in a guild. The moonkin (myself) joined mid way through ICC, and honestly, who hasn't already pugged at least the first 4 mid way through ICC? The reason for the 8 person allowance, is to help strict 10 man guilds recruit. Everyone and their grandma's alts can pug at least marrowgwar. I doubt anyone of you would disagree. Finding players who have still done no ICC 25 is almost impossible. Hell, we even recruited a DK from ANOTHER strict 10 guild who had 25 man kills.


    If you still think we cheated in anyway, then well you're just plain ignorant. We followed the rules completely as according to Guild-Ox. And I wouldn't have claimed this as a US First, if it wasn't a US First.


    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=2&s=1


    ^ If you're still skeptical, go look at that page. We're World 2nd, Typhoon Struggel World 1st. So yes, we are strict 10.


    And just to put it into perspective for you guys.

    There are boots off 10 man LDW, called Boots of the Frozen Seed. Picking these up over the boots I am currently using, would result in a 6 haste increase, and a 10 crit decrease. If you honestly believe that is the deciding factor in our kill, then you have some serious issues.

  16. #36
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Typhoon Struggle, Defias Brotherhood
    Posts
    9
    I feel for you Roland and the rest of Vortex. I and the rest of The Typhoon Struggle have been through the same amount of s... when we got our kill, just read a few of the posts in the EU forum and you know'll we're on the same page. People throw their stupid ignorant posts at you only to reveal their own failure of understanding what this is all about - being strict and competing with other similar size guilds. It's sad people who have no clue about what strict is, still feel a need to utter their opinions. Ignore the idiots and enjoy what have been achieved.
    /Gnuss, The Typhoon Struggle
    Last edited by gnuss; 2010-09-21 at 03:26 PM.

  17. #37
    ...no one is nay saying you, whoever posted that.
    We believe you, because of the 30% buff. It's honestly not OH MY FUCKING GOD amazing, but it's neat. Nothing to doubt though.
    That's like someone saying "I just got 'the insane' title" and someone saying PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
    Is it cool and tough? Yeah, but it's not HOLY FUCKING SHIT amazing. Certainly nothing to doubt that you did.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz CPU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | MS Win 8.1
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor

  18. #38
    What makes killing it strict at 30% buff any different than normal guilds that killed it when it was 15-20% buff or below?

    The only reason you got one of the first "strict" kills is because not many guilds cares and therefore is going for it, otherwise, any guilds that was able to do it sub 20% would of been able to do it strict at 30% as well.

    Arbitrarily setting a requirement for a kill is no different than people saying "World First HLK10 kill w/o Tanks using Shield Walls!" or "World First HLK10 kill w/o using stun on Valkyrs!". It's cool and fun, but nothing hard about it simply because the fact that many many guilds would of done it before you if they were to also try.

  19. #39
    Somehow I think there are enough people in the world to give them fair competition for the US first

    It may not be as amazing as say Paragon's no buff kill but thats because Blizzard decided to make 25 man gear OP beyond the 13 iLvl difference

    If you wanted to make it truely fair you would let members get the trinkets from 25 man norm, in that case they wouldn't be quite so underpowered with the terrible selection you get from 10 man

    Grats anyway guys, my signature is a little out of date but I know how it feels, got up to 1 keeper in Ulduar playing strict before we quit just after Anub's release, and the difference in gear is so huge mostly though lack of choice compared to 25 mans

  20. #40
    Pit Lord Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopiak View Post
    If its without the buff then grats, thats pretty impressive, but if its with it its kinda meh imo
    So meh in fact you dont have it AND its the second guild to do it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •