Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Ok, all of the people claiming that we were sitting around one day and were like, "Oh, let's do HLK with 10 man gear only and call it a world first!", you're wrong. The rules are set by Guild-Ox. If you can't understand this, this game might be a little difficult for you.


    As far as receiving praise goes, we're not looking for it. We posted here so people would know we got a World 2nd kill, and a US 1st. You're right. I'm sure plenty of 25 man guilds could have done it before us if they were competing against us, but they didn't. They are 25 man guilds, we're not. We got the World 2nd kill. What's done is done. We are competing in completely different content then them.

    If you want to congratulate us, then fine do so. However, if you only want to belittle our achievement, and it is an achievement, we got points for it , then please move along. No one honestly cares that your 4th alt in green gear killed it before the buff. This is something special for our guild, and something we've been working at sine the beginning of the expansion. The people that really matter, Typhoon Struggel and other strict 10 man guilds know how hard we've worked, and will be happy for us, just as we'll be happy for them when they finally get their kills.

  2. #62
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Since when do you need a H LK kill to post your opinion.

    Please tell me how it is impressive to kill HC LK 10 man with 30% buff this short before Cataclysm release (how many months is that?). People killed him on 10 man months ago with ilvl 264/251 gear without buff already. I also doubt this is US first even if it's a strict 10 man guild. I don't think many people are bothered to post this kind of "first kills"...



    There are many people who already done it with ilvl 264 gear months ago. Grats on your kill and I understand it's a challenge and you are proud of it but did you really had to post that here and call it a world first?

    Gz and sorry but people posting this and call it horde EU first strict 10 man LK hc kill is just pathetic.

    Edit: don't get me wrong. If you just posted: "Hi, we finally killed LK HC with our 10 man strict guild and it was awesome." I would have just congratulated you.
    So something that isn't impressive that you've never done , Also that is untrue about 251/264 , the first 10 man HM LK kill was done when they had 4 weeks of 11/12 HM clears , Get your facts straight please.

  3. #63
    Fail ratation is fail, use shadowbolt before using corruption and immolate.
    And having your pet charge/stun active 24/7 isnt really fantastic for Valkyrs.
    While I agree with the felguard comment and have turned it off since the kill I don't agree with the shadowbolt. As a demo lock my personal dps is not what is important. By casting shadowbolt first I give the rest of the raid a 5% increased chance. I call that better than the small amount I get from casting immolate and corruption first.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    Ok, all of the people claiming that we were sitting around one day and were like, "Oh, let's do HLK with 10 man gear only and call it a world first!", you're wrong. The rules are set by Guild-Ox. If you can't understand this, this game might be a little difficult for you.
    Just because Guild-ox set up the rules, it doesn't change the fact that it is an unofficial achievement in the form of "First Kill of X" plus an arbitrary requirement. Hey guess what, Guild-ox also has world ranking for every single raid achievements, but you don't see people posting "World First I'm On the Boat" or "World first Boned!". These forums are for real first kills, with a few exceptions of really amazing achievements such as Rogues soloing Patchwerk/Grobbulus; anything else is usually met with these criticism. You shouldn't expect to make a not so impressive and controversial "First Kill" post and receive no criticisms here. I remember even Cuties Only(?) got flamed when they posted their World First Onyxia (lvl80) kill even tho it was more of a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    As far as receiving praise goes, we're not looking for it. We posted here so people would know we got a World 2nd kill, and a US 1st. You're right. I'm sure plenty of 25 man guilds could have done it before us if they were competing against us, but they didn't. They are 25 man guilds, we're not. We got the World 2nd kill. What's done is done. We are competing in completely different content then them.
    If you're saying you're not looking for praise here, why are you posting it in the first place? Why did you feel the need to let random online people know about it if you weren't looking for some form of praise or respect? The people that really care would check Guild-Ox to find out; your in-game friends can be easily notified by you; and if you were truly doing it just for the challenge, you would of just celebrated within your own group instead of going around trying to let the world know.

    Also, you're not competing in completely different content than the others; It is the exact same fight, with exact same mechanics, the only difference is your stats. But for this case, everyone here can easily relate to a similar experience because of the ICC % buffs, hence the comparisons people are making here are quite valid. Your lack of 277 gears with 30% buff is no different than people who did this with 277 gears at 10-20% buff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    If you want to congratulate us, then fine do so. However, if you only want to belittle our achievement, and it is an achievement, we got points for it , then please move along. No one honestly cares that your 4th alt in green gear killed it before the buff. This is something special for our guild, and something we've been working at sine the beginning of the expansion. The people that really matter, Typhoon Struggel and other strict 10 man guilds know how hard we've worked, and will be happy for us, just as we'll be happy for them when they finally get their kills.
    How hard you guys personally tried to get the achievement, and how much it meant to you personally has no effect on the relative difficulty of it, and therefore provides no support for your reasoning to make these posts. Me and my friends could of spent 3 months trying to kill Patchwerk in PvP gears only, and it could be our life-time goal for all that matters, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a relatively easy accomplishment not worthy of a post. Similarly, just because you guys worked really hard for it, it still doesn't change the fact that it is relatively equivalent in difficulty to a 15%-20% normal kill, which is sub 100th in ranking, no where near a worthy mention of it.

    And by you posting here, anyone else here is free to give their opinions, praises and criticisms so long as it remains civilized. And some of our opinions are just that we care about your kill just as much as you care about "[our] 4th alt in green gear killed it before the buff", but at least we know that our alts don't deserve a post here for that.
    Last edited by Seolla; 2010-09-23 at 06:27 AM.

  5. #65
    It's a legitimate US first.
    This is the part I enjoyed the most out of this thread

  6. #66
    It's not legitimate because your moonkin is wearing boots from ICC25.

    That's it, you failed at being strict. It is just an excuse that they are "basically identical".

    If you are so hard on emphasizing "legitimacy", look at yourself first.

  7. #67
    I'm curious to know to what extent ICC25 content is allowed. What's stopping the few who are allowed to do ICC25 from farming it and giving BOEs and Saronites to the rest of the guild?

    Kind of defeats the whole purpose if you can use BOEs that are almost always BIS (Ikfirus' Sack, Marrowgar's Frigid Eye, Footpads of Impending Death, etc.).

  8. #68
    acually you could have 1 shadowmourne in the group since i think its still strict 10man if 1-2 people do 25s. there is a cap tho like 4people in whole guild or something like that. so you could have 1


    edit: Real strict 10s dont use any 25loot tho. gratz to your BOOMKINS BOOTS
    Last edited by Fujisaw; 2010-09-24 at 11:50 PM.

  9. #69
    don't really see the difficulty in it tbh.
    We're frequently selling LK heroic kills and one or two people less really don't matter with 30% buff - don't think it is harder to do in 10-man gear than with 8 people.
    Heltobob EU - Blackrock
    Guys i am a scientist and through my extensive knowledge and use of the hubble telescope it looks like as soon as they nerfed heroics in cata subs started dropping, coincidence with easy 5 mans in mop and dropping subs? i think not (Daffan)

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    Last time i checked, 10m STRICT means, oddly enough, 10m gear ONLY. I don't give a shit about the ilvl; he was wearing equipment dropped in the 25man version of the instance.
    And yet 10 man 264ilevel gear is better itemized than 25 man 264 ilevel gear in most circumstances

  11. #71
    We believe you, because of the 30% buff. It's honestly not OH MY FUCKING GOD amazing, but it's neat. Nothing to doubt though.
    That's like someone saying "I just got 'the insane' title" and someone saying PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
    Is it cool and tough? Yeah, but it's not HOLY FUCKING SHIT amazing. Certainly nothing to doubt that you did.
    This is more what I was trying to say. That while its not amazing it is still impressive

    So meh in fact you dont have it AND its the second guild to do it...
    I was merely comparing it to without the buff and with it. While it is skilled yes, It is not very different to a kill without the 30% buff and with 25 gear. I was trying to imply that while it is a 2nd, It has been completed on a similar caliber just without the ruleset.
    Go play in the street instead of posting. Do you really think it would be a world 2nd if it wasn't that difficult?
    Did I say it wasnt difficult? No but I could kill LK with the 30% buff and have no one in the raid wearing trinkets (This is an example), Now it would be a world first, but it wouldnt be much harder than the 20 or 25% buff so that while it could be cool it isnt more difficult than what has already been done before.

    If you want to congratulate us, then fine do so. However, if you only want to belittle our achievement, and it is an achievement, we got points for it , then please move along.
    Only really replying to this because of what I wrote above. You guys did great on the kill and congratulate you for it. I did 10 man strict in early Ulduar and really enjoyed it. Although when I made the example above, Its not in an attempt to belittle your achievement, merely creating an example (Yes that was the best I could come up with).

  12. #72
    Bloodsail Admiral Syntic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Off Topic Forums.
    Posts
    1,165
    It's a real shame how many people underestimate this feat.

    Big gratz on the kill, and to the naysayers, this is much more challenging than you might think, with no Shadowmourne, no DBW/DFO, etc.
    I'd do anything for a smile, holding you 'til our time is done.

  13. #73
    Wasnt the guild leader using 264's or was that just the armory being changed since then

  14. #74
    congrats guys

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch View Post
    i wonder whats harder between 9manning hlk (selling tittle and making the 10th die so he doesnt fuck up) and strick 10man hlk. guess the tanks gets hit harder (tho theres is a bunch of bis that is 264) and healer heal less, but still losing 10-12k dps for the whole fight. so does going from 264 to 277 a 2k dps upgrade (assuming bringing 6dps)
    Selling the title isn't bad.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraxiel View Post
    It's a real shame how many people underestimate this feat.

    Big gratz on the kill, and to the naysayers, this is much more challenging than you might think, with no Shadowmourne, no DBW/DFO, etc.
    No one is saying this is "easy" in an absolute term or that any scrubs can do it. We're saying that the relative difficulty is equivalent to a sub rank 100 kill, and therefore relative to the other valid achievements of this sub-forum, it does not deserve this post.

  17. #77
    Grats fellas. Hoping to see the video soon. Do you have more than one PoV?

  18. #78
    Warlock POV in the OP.


    Shadow priest/Prot Pally POV coming soon. They're still working on it

  19. #79
    so we got 2 strict 10 man HLK kills and atleast 2 guilds done HLK 25 0% afaik.

    comparison?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

  20. #80
    Grats, definately a good feeling while wasting our lives playing WoW :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •