Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    467
    As always a huge number of people can't just say congrats, they have to pick fault. Guildox shows them as US 1st strict 10 man so what's the big deal?

    Anyway, on topic.

    Congrats on this. 10 man isn't very forgiving at all. At least in 25 man you could lose a few people and still possibly pull it off. 30% buff or not. A kill is a kill!

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    so we got 2 strict 10 man HLK kills and atleast 2 guilds done HLK 25 0% afaik.

    comparison?
    We also got 0 10man HLK kill with no characters wearing shoes.

    comparison?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post

    Please STFU you have no clue what you are talking about. Also paragon did it when they already had numerous Shadow's Edge weapons and all the BiS trinkets from 25 man as well.
    They did, but without 30% buff (with 0%) and without seeing a movie of a guild killing him before attempting it yourself.

    A weapon and a trinket don't make up for 30% dps, hps and definitely not for 30% more health.

  4. #84
    Everyone saying paragon killed h lk at 0% the first time is wrong. The first 10'and 25 kill were at 5%


    They might have done it after with no buff though

  5. #85
    High Overlord Hadrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    199
    grats its probably a very hard achiev to get (i wouldn't have any idea yet :P)
    Last edited by Hadrone; 2010-09-29 at 12:55 AM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    Everyone saying paragon killed h lk at 0% the first time is wrong. The first 10'and 25 kill were at 5%


    They might have done it after with no buff though
    We have now killed The Lich King on hard mode in 10-man Icecrown Citadel. Good job everyone who were on the kill and those who participated on the endless strategy discussion.

    This encounter had a bug on the spirit phase which we reported 2 weeks ago but it didn get fixed untill today (the bug made the encounter very hard). We had worked our way around the spirit problem on last weeks reset and the kill was within our grasp even without any extra attempts or buffs.


    Had nothing to do with the buff. It was just bugged and the buff came in too early.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctan View Post
    On the first look it seems to be not that impressive but if you consider that there f***ing lots of items that are currently essential for a class and only drops in 25 man icc (dfo, dbw, tiny abomination in a jar and weapons ....) , it's definitely a great achievement. Congrats.
    Yeah a lot here don't seem to get the loot tables are different. there are some items you just can't get in 10 man. It is always funny to see the people who say "OMGITZEZ."

    Most of the people talking bad about it can't do it at all. I think there is obviously envy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeguywar View Post
    Wasnt the guild leader using 264's or was that just the armory being changed since then
    Heroic 10 man is 264
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2010-10-08 at 05:19 PM.

  8. #88
    People treat the 30% buff like it isnt a huge deal...yes it is.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    Ok, all of the people claiming that we were sitting around one day and were like, "Oh, let's do HLK with 10 man gear only and call it a world first!", you're wrong. The rules are set by Guild-Ox. If you can't understand this, this game might be a little difficult for you.


    As far as receiving praise goes, we're not looking for it. We posted here so people would know we got a World 2nd kill, and a US 1st. You're right. I'm sure plenty of 25 man guilds could have done it before us if they were competing against us, but they didn't. They are 25 man guilds, we're not. We got the World 2nd kill. What's done is done. We are competing in completely different content then them.

    If you want to congratulate us, then fine do so. However, if you only want to belittle our achievement, and it is an achievement, we got points for it , then please move along. No one honestly cares that your 4th alt in green gear killed it before the buff. This is something special for our guild, and something we've been working at sine the beginning of the expansion. The people that really matter, Typhoon Struggel and other strict 10 man guilds know how hard we've worked, and will be happy for us, just as we'll be happy for them when they finally get their kills.

    This right here. Until you have tried it you have no idea how hard it is. Grats to Typhoon and Vortex!!

    Mage 90 Fire/Warrior 88 Fury/Druid 85 Prot/Priest 85 holy/Shaman 85 Resto/Hunter 85 Survival/Pally 85 Prot/Rogue 85/Lock 83 Demo

  10. #90
    The fact that LK 10H wasn't killed by a 10man guild until the 30% buff came shows that it is way overtuned compared to the 25 version. Blizzard didn't completely get to their goal of allowing 10man guilds to do all the 10man content in this case. I don't think it's doable with 0% buff by any guild not using 277+ gear, even using normal25 264's. Big grats to Vortex for pulling this out.

  11. #91
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Same ol', same ol'.
    Posts
    1,023
    I'd be more impressed if they did Heroic LK 10, without the 30% buff OR any 25man gear.

  12. #92
    It's funny to me how people complain that it's not a legit kill because of the 30% buff. They still didn't over gear the content and I can't imagine how much time they had to spend to get everything in working order for the kill. Oh, and not to mention it was the first US strict kill? Hmm..doesn't seem like anyone else has it.

    Congrats Vortex!

  13. #93

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by justise View Post
    The fact that LK 10H wasn't killed by a 10man guild until the 30% buff came shows that it is way overtuned compared to the 25 version.
    LOL?
    2 Guilds, 1 being Australian (250+ Ping) Have killed LK 25 hardmode 0% buff.
    Thats the Equivalent of using 232-245 Gear.
    That makes it 3-4 Tiers lower

    So why is killing LK10 heroic hard using its appropriate gear?
    Oh right... its not.
    Unless you remove the 30% buff, then you can receive some acknowledgment.

  15. #95
    Pit Lord Dethh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    Vortex got US first and World 2nd Strict 10 Heroic Lich King tonight. It's a legitimate US first.



    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....lyon&gn=Vortex


    Troll Away

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s5jpkbbpck2w51lp/

    A log for anyone who would like to see it.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMOVMFxVHw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjDGKGlqp4

    Videos from a Demo warlock POV.
    Congrats now click off the 30% buff and get down to business.

  16. #96
    gz even that it is late

  17. #97
    What's so special about this? You do realise that the top 10 and then some heroic LK kills were done in 264 gear without the easymode 30% buff, right?

    So even if those guilds are 25man guilds they had no better gear than you do now AND they had to work a lot harder on the kill.

    To be honest this isn't an accomplishment. Just goes to show how bad strictly 10man players truly are.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 08:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk View Post
    As always a huge number of people can't just say congrats, they have to pick fault. Guildox shows them as US 1st strict 10 man so what's the big deal?

    Anyway, on topic.

    Congrats on this. 10 man isn't very forgiving at all. At least in 25 man you could lose a few people and still possibly pull it off. 30% buff or not. A kill is a kill!
    Up to the 10% buff losing someone on 25man could cost you a kill the same way it did on 10man. The dps requirements were much much more severe on 25man than they were on 10man. So trying to downplay 25man is just a ton of BS.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 09:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Noctan View Post
    On the first look it seems to be not that impressive but if you consider that there f***ing lots of items that are currently essential for a class and only drops in 25 man icc (dfo, dbw, tiny abomination in a jar and weapons ....) , it's definitely a great achievement. Congrats.
    Lol I love what you call "essential". On our first LK hc kill on both 10 and 25man I was still using 213 trinkets. As were other raid members. While those items you name provide a valuable dps upgrade, they are in no way essential if your dps/healers/tanks have the guts to pull their heads out their asses and actually focus for 15mins.
    Last edited by Buzzinjoe; 2010-11-05 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo

  18. #98
    Brewmaster Nigeldruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,279
    Gz, not really a huge achievement, GZ none the less.. More impressive than all teh 277 11/12 twats being "OMG PRO LOL"!

    Quote Originally Posted by justise View Post
    The fact that LK 10H wasn't killed by a 10man guild until the 30% buff came shows that it is way overtuned compared to the 25 version.
    No... I'm sorry but this statement has made you look like a moron. The reason 10man wasn't killed till the 30% in the strict way is because all the best players are playing the 25man version. Sorry to any 10man strict guilds, no offense, but realistically you should know this. This doesn't mean that 10man guilds dont have some good players, but the cutting edge raiding just doesn't happen in the 10mans atm (hopefully cata will change this). 10mans are undertuned on purpose compared to teh 25man, even in appropriate gear, blue posts have stated this time and time again. The fame and pride are in the 25mans in wotlk.

    TL;DR, the reason the 10man hasn't been kileld strict till 30% is because no one really bothered with strict raiding. Had there been an achievement (much like algalon and ToGC), it would have been done ages ago.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by justise View Post
    The fact that LK 10H wasn't killed by a 10man guild until the 30% buff came shows that it is way overtuned compared to the 25 version. Blizzard didn't completely get to their goal of allowing 10man guilds to do all the 10man content in this case. I don't think it's doable with 0% buff by any guild not using 277+ gear, even using normal25 264's. Big grats to Vortex for pulling this out.
    No it shows us that strictly 10man players for the most part suck big juicy donkey balls and drool while banging their head against the wall.

  20. #100
    The Patient Memoryz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    259
    Nothing impressive. Done after 4.0. Classes were buffed, bear druid tanks were overpowered. Heals were buffed. Not to mention the 30% buff.


    "Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •