Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

T11 Feral 4pc bonus? (cat)

(4) Set: Each time you use Mangle (Cat) you gain a 1% increase to attack power for 30 sec stacking up to 3 times, and the duration of your Survival Instinct ability is increased by 50%.

That looks pretty useless compared to similar 4pc bonuses, ("Warrior: (4) Set: Each time you use Overpower or Raging Blow you gain a 1% increase to attack power for 30 sec stacking up to 3 times." I believe overpower got a 6 second cd.) since mangle lasts one minute and the buff lasts 30 seconds... So either we spam mangle all the time instead of using shred, or only have 1 stack every 30 seconds while spamming shred, OR use mangle every 30 seconds... And what to do if you suddenly get a mangle bot? continue spamming mangle? I don't really get the point in this 4pc bonus, maybe i'm looking at it in the wrong way... Any thoughts? :>

Imo. it would be better if it were tied to Rake instead of Mangle, but that's just me.

/Loht
    Last edited by mmoc295e4fc325; 2010-09-21 at 04:26 PM.

It's quite possible wearing 2 pieces is enough for cats. Unless Blizz changes how the 4p bonus works, which they should do.

Of course, ferals blow so much right now that they won't be doing any raiding in Cata before some major buffs happen... so I'm not terribly worried about the tier bonuses at the moment.

Deleted
    Yeah, but it would be boring with only 2 parts of the set... that's so WotlK like...

I agree that ferals could need some polishing on many sides... alot of boring talents, re used talents, and the fact that we are forced to take alot of defensive talents before we can get the offensive ones we want.

Oh and then the fact there there is no new cat abilites besides the interrupt which should have been there since tbc at least.

It is the first tier of content and still in beta. I understand the need to express your opinion but you could have done so in the multiple other threads that say the exact same thing.

Deleted
    As i remember correctly the 4T7 bonus wasnt so imba either :P

15+ Year Old Account
    its quite simpel and quite good instead of doing 1 mangle every minute you now need todo 2 magle's so on a 8 mninute fight that only 8 +(2 at start)= 10 shreds lost to magles that is defently worth the 3% ap you get.

shred and mangle are lot a closer in dmg to each other so its not a major loss.

also fights are more mobile in cata, if you forable for to swap to adds every 30 secs you loose 3 dps as you got to aply the mangle first anyway.

and yes there are ofc better bonises but this is only the first thier, we dont want it tobe like 2xT4 was witch we basicly kept until we got T6 lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I think the extra 3% attack power will be more beneficial in the long run seeing how mangle does a little bit less damage then shred now (right?). Also, the survival instincts might be nice for that special occasion you get some aggro or the DoT boss mechanics.

Deleted
    Loht... what realm do you play on?

And honestly using 3 Mangles at the start and then 1 every 30 sec is worth the 3% boost to AP

Deleted
    i agree, i dont play a druid i play a warrior and our 4P is the same, doing 3 mangles to stack the buff straight away would be the best idea, still work out better than the warrior 4P which has ramp-up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    i agree, i dont play a druid i play a warrior and our 4P is the same, doing 3 mangles to stack the buff straight away would be the best idea, still work out better than the warrior 4P which has ramp-up
    Exactly, tho it would be easier for you to keep it up after that. Normal rotation for Druids is Mangle for debuff, Shred for combo points while keeping Rake and Rip up.

In that way Mangle would be a dps loss (on a non-gimmick fight) but in the long run keeping the 4p buff up is a dps increase instead of a dps loss (in theory, still need to see when Cata comes around and people get this ofc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    its quite simpel and quite good instead of doing 1 mangle every minute you now need todo 2 magle's so on a 8 mninute fight that only 8 +(2 at start)= 10 shreds lost to magles that is defently worth the 3% ap you get.

shred and mangle are lot a closer in dmg to each other so its not a major loss.

also fights are more mobile in cata, if you forable for to swap to adds every 30 secs you loose 3 dps as you got to aply the mangle first anyway.

and yes there are ofc better bonises but this is only the first thier, we dont want it tobe like 2xT4 was witch we basicly kept until we got T6 lol
    Reading this makes my head hurt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Reading this makes my head hurt
    reading this makes my feelings hurt
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I play on Kul Tiras

Quote Originally Posted by Loht View Post
    Yeah, but it would be boring with only 2 parts of the set... that's so WotlK like...
    Whut???

Anywas, IMO it should be linked to shred, plain simple. Else it will be BC like

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Anywas, IMO it should be linked to shred, plain simple. Else it will be BC like
    The reason it's not tied to Shred is that we cannot always use Shred. How would you feel if you have a tier bonus that you couldn't use because you couldn't go behind the boss? I think most of these views of catastrophic DPS by having to Mangle more often are people stuck in WotLK or haven't played the beta. Even if our overall DPS is a bit low (blue posts said it will be addressed later), Mangle and Shred damage are really close regardless.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The reason it's not tied to Shred is that we cannot always use Shred. How would you feel if you have a tier bonus that you couldn't use because you couldn't go behind the boss? I think most of these views of catastrophic DPS by having to Mangle more often are people stuck in WotLK or haven't played the beta. Even if our overall DPS is a bit low (blue posts said it will be addressed later), Mangle and Shred damage are really close regardless.
    Or Blizzard could just make BOTH Mangle and Shred apply the buff. They've done this with other set bonuses in the past. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Gamrin; 2010-09-22 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamrin View Post
    Or Blizzard could just make BOTH Mangle and Shred apply the buff. They've done this with other set bonuses in the past. Problem solved.
    The reason they won't go this route is because it's on par with making "Increases your attack power in Cat Form by 3%." At least you have to actively pay attention to something. Blizz is probably having a hard enough time trying to make set bonuses interesting and not completely passive for the first tier.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    The reason they won't go this route is because it's on par with making "Increases your attack power in Cat Form by 3%." At least you have to actively pay attention to something. Blizz is probably having a hard enough time trying to make set bonuses interesting and not completely passive for the first tier.
    Q.F.T.

I mean seriously, are we REALLY complaining because we'll hit Mangle twice in a minute instead of once?
    Give back the 12 seconds debuff tbh, so we can get more incompetent whiners quitting.

Yes, I am being an elitist asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

The reason it's not tied to Shred is that we cannot always use Shred.
    Come on, how often was that relevant in WotLK?

There was Kologarn and then... what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Come on, how often was that relevant in WotLK?

There was Kologarn and then... what else?
    Any fight with movement that takes you away from the target or requires target switching would have the potential to cause this buff to expire if you didn't get a chance to refresh it before leaving the target.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville