Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsky View Post
    As for the Alliance players missing out on 1 mount, there will be tons of new mounts in the expansion, and you will be able to ride almost anywhere on your flying mount so I doubt another stupid old ground mount would have been as popular as you think, Worgens will now just have a very neat race specific novelty so they can feel more like savage werewolves and less like the other races.
    :/

Again, it's a bare minimum of 2 mounts (regular and epic), probably more like 5-6.

And again, achievements and collectors. Just because -you- don't collect mounts, doesn't mean no one else does.

I don't want Running Wild taken away (though personally I wouldn't care, I do understand that a lot of people like it), I just want some consideration from Blizzard for the other side of the table when they've already shown that consideration before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidaku View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I think this all simply reeks of laziness. Blizzard has given the Horde a lot more with this expansion based on how they at least get the right buildings in all zones and even changing a simple NE building to an actual HE building in the Hinterlands is already too much to ask. Blizzard has said many times before to just wait to see more Alliance stuff but so far they haven't delivered at all and now they even give the Alliance less mount options to boot.
    Because their racial mount would be a horse. They are humans. Running wild is a trait of the worgen half.
    I would bet any amount of money if Blizzard said well you get running wild and we will put in x number of new horses to even the number of mounts the QQ would become, well thats not fair Horde gets a NEW mount type and we already have horses. And on top of that people would complain they get running wild AND a mount choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken View Post

Worgen "mount" working as intended.
    lolololol!

They should have a NE vendor somewhere in Ashenvale selling the stag mounts that Malfurion use to ride around on.
    Is the answer to the Question...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post

Again, it's a bare minimum of 2 mounts (regular and epic), probably more like 5-6.

And again, achievements and collectors. Just because -you- don't collect mounts, doesn't mean no one else does.

I don't want Running Wild taken away (though personally I wouldn't care, I do understand that a lot of people like it), I just want some consideration from Blizzard for the other side of the table when they've already shown that consideration before.
    The achievement argument has been beat to death. There are already more than enough mounts to get the 100 mount achiev without adding any new, yet Cata has a dozen more already. Some just very hard to get. There hasn't even been a confirmed new achiev level yet to get worked up about, or declare it unachievable due to lack of worgen mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus View Post
    Because their racial mount would be a horse. They are humans. Running wild is a trait of the worgen half.
    I would bet any amount of money if Blizzard said well you get running wild and we will put in x number of new horses to even the number of mounts the QQ would become, well thats not fair Horde gets a NEW mount type and we already have horses. And on top of that people would complain they get running wild AND a mount choice.
    Gilneans being humans does not mean their mount would have to be a horse. At Blizzcon they showed an armored boar for the concept art; if nothing else they could use that.

And while it wouldn't be the perfect fix like giving them a unique mount is, giving Gilneans new horses would at least address the mount achievement slant. A partial solution is better than no solution at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post

You never know, they might give each of the existing Alliance races 1 new variation on their current mount to supplement the Worgens loss and also give players who were expecting a new a mount a little something.

Either way, there will be tons of new mounts in the expansion, probably more then is needed to get the achievement and if you're a truly a collector you will spend as much time as possible collecting all the new mounts instead of collecting enough for the achievement and stopping.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When we first heard Worgen were going to be alliance I posted on the official forums that this should be their mount solution. I was yelled at by quite a large number of people. I posted the same thing again here on MMO Champ a few months back, and plenty of people stepped forward to call me an idiot. Well, Blizzard has now proven the naysayers wrong. And I owe way too many people an "I told you so".

I was a little reluctant to accept it at first but it seems like a good idea after all.
    Maybe they could make it have a lower cast time than mounts or maybe instant ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    Gilneans being humans does not mean their mount would have to be a horse. At Blizzcon they showed an armored boar for the concept art; if nothing else they could use that.

And while it wouldn't be the perfect fix like giving them a unique mount is, giving Gilneans new horses would at least address the mount achievement slant. A partial solution is better than no solution at all.
    Except that every single screen shot of Gilneans in human form are sitting on top of a horse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidaku View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I think this all simply reeks of laziness. Blizzard has given the Horde a lot more with this expansion based on how they at least get the right buildings in all zones and even changing a simple NE building to an actual HE building in the Hinterlands is already too much to ask. Blizzard has said many times before to just wait to see more Alliance stuff but so far they haven't delivered at all and now they even give the Alliance less mount options to boot.
    Blizzard sure hates the Alliance, huh pal?

BAWWWWWWWWW

The achievement argument has been beat to death. There are already more than enough mounts to get the 100 mount achiev without adding any new, yet Cata has a dozen more already. Some just very hard to get. There hasn't even been a confirmed new achiev level yet to get worked up about, or declare it unachievable due to lack of worgen mounts.
    It was possible for Horde players to get 100 mounts before the Venomhide Ravasaur was added, but that was still addressed, because it was an imbalance. This is exactly the same situation -100 mounts may be doable without, but it's easier with. Ignoring it when it favors the Horde after fixing it when it was tilted against them would be a huge double standard on Blizzard's part.

Except that every single screen shot of Gilneans in human form are sitting on top of a horse.
    Those could be changed, or else the new mount could be used by NPCs in Worgen form while the horses are kept for human form. Either way, it's an easy fix.
    Last edited by LordSothe; 2010-09-20 at 12:06 PM.

I really like how animal like worgen are turning out to be.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost

Deleted
    qq moar there anyly mounts for Christ sakes

Blah blah blah...It was an ability Tauren were supposed to have called Planestriding back in release. Blizzard at the time couldn't get the coding right and gave up.

I don't recall anyone bitching back then...until they took it away and gave us kodos...which are still bad ass.

I don't believe it's lazyness on their part, they just wanted to finally implement something they wanted to put in years ago.

Deleted
    As a mainly "horde-sided" person, i was at firstvery glad that goblins got go-karts and worgens boarbearwolves, but Blizzard really blew my mind by pulling this trick !! I LOVE this idea, fits perfectly the feral nature of Worgens (I would NOT have forgiven the Blizz if they'd made their werewolves Twilight-sparkling puppies), and i actually may drive me to create my first alliance toon ever !!

Congratz Blizzard, don't let the QQ take down this tremendously good idea, just add another mount per alliance race (recoloured of course) so the achievementards stop bitching around, totally blind to the epicness to come (already imagined a worgen raid on orgrimmar, appearing in the distance, running fiercely towards the main gate... Oh God, i need to change pants again)

I think it's a pretty good idea. Don't see why people should get annoyed with the idea, as it adds a unique aspect to the game...would be funny if you could get exalted with the faction though and get to run on all 4's as a gnome ^_^

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool gameplay mechanics should go over the mount collectors arguments...
    So what if you don't get to run around with 187 mounts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serago View Post
    All I ever wanted to get forward here how unique the Alliance are, and being a Worgen. Sure, it's not that unique when everyone rerolls a Worgen etc, but not every class can have it either. That's my point. It can't get any more unique than this, and I hope Blizzard don't turn around and give Tauren their Vanilla ability, simmilar to Running Wild (forgot the name atm) and just simply even out the mounts in one way or another.
    I was about to disagree with you about giving Plainstriding back to Tauren. I found it amusing that you think Alliance should be the special snowflakes to get a revamped version of the old vanilla beta spell, while denying it's original race of any right to the idea.

But then I realized that in the end it doesn't matter. For me, Horde will always be infinitely more awesome than Alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsky View Post
    You never know, they might give each of the existing Alliance races 1 new variation on their current mount to supplement the Worgens loss and also give players who were expecting a new a mount a little something.

Either way, there will be tons of new mounts in the expansion, probably more then is needed to get the achievement and if you're a truly a collector you will spend as much time as possible collecting all the new mounts instead of collecting enough for the achievement and stopping.
    Exactly. I already have 100, and am well on my way to whatever the next new tier is... so I want the imbalance addressed.

And your theoretical solution is fine. Yeah, a new kind of mount would be awesome, but I'd be happy enough with just the numbers being even.

My problem is: The only Blizzard quote we've gotten about this is like "it isn't a priority", "we 'could' do it", etc. Why not just say "we're going to do it, just like we did for the horde". Bam. Done.

That is literally all I want, a little more commitment to fixing something they've already set a precedent for fixing in the past.

Instead of 'we -might- do you the favor of fixing it'.