Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TAiaJ still good on PTR?

i was just wondering with all of the changes to ret in the ptr if tiny abom is still a good trinket to use for a good calculation of dps or if it is better to go with a different trinket? Thanks
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

not an expert on this, but if sealdmg remaines crippled it may be better to go with sts hc + dbw hc since the strength of tiny abom was the sealprocc not the initial 50% weapon dmg extra hit. not that it will matter much.
    Last edited by Agathon; 2010-09-20 at 01:59 PM.

Its difficult to say atm, Ret is so broken they'll need to make some major balance tweaks so it depends where they make them

Deleted
    In theory tiny abom will scale realy well even up to 85, as its damage is bsaed from your weapon damage, so evertime you upgrade your wep, you increase your damage from it.

Assuming seals still hit mobs for some small amount of damage, then it will still proc as fast as it does today.

With seal damage nearly halfed and the prooc chance lowered each level I'm fairly certain other trinkets will be superior
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Having a hit trinket while leveling is usually a great thing. TAiaJ is no different. Yes, Seal damage has been lowered. However, on the PTR our Mote stacking is as fast as it was. We are still proc'ing the 50% weapon damage very often. I'll take the precious hit rating for leveling because its always in short supply.

It may sound silly, but that 50% weapon damage attack was capable of seal/judgement heal effects. If mob damage is left as it is right now, that might just be an awesome thing.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

The damage has certainly gone down (from 9-10% of damage done on live to 5-6% on the Ptr for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    It may sound silly, but that 50% weapon damage attack was capable of seal/judgement heal effects. If mob damage is left as it is right now, that might just be an awesome thing.
    Haven't they removed ALL of the Judgement effects in one of the latest builds? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The damage has certainly gone down (from 9-10% of damage done on live to 5-6% on the Ptr for me)

Haven't they removed ALL of the Judgement effects in one of the latest builds? :/
    I figured someone would bring that up. Here's what I was thinking when I made that post though.

Seal of Truth does garbage damage. To maximize uptime while leveling, Seal of Insight may be the way to go. That being said, the extra attack granted by TAaiJ will probably still be able to proc the Seal bonus. I know I said Judgement effect, but I was simply trying to cover all the bases.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Taj proc able to proc AoW and our mastery?

At 85 it doesn't proc motes anymore.

However, it does work up to level 85, so it will be good for leveling, but not after that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    At 85 it doesn't proc motes anymore.

However, it does work up to level 85, so it will be good for leveling, but not after that.
    Yeah actually i asked that having in mind lvl up since as Prentice stated the hit rating is really good and if the proc, procs also mastery,its gonna help a lot for lvl up

As soon as the stat changes come HDBW and HSTS become BiS trinkets for ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089 View Post
    As soon as the stat changes come HDBW and HSTS become BiS trinkets for ret.
    I wouldn't be stupid enough to try to argue what BiS is, but that is inconsequential at that point. Who really cares what BiS is from 4.0 to lvl 85? You are just going to be relearning your rotation and questing. BiS means nothing. When leveling my characters, I always prioritize on the "cap stats". Expertise and hit rating keep me from freaking out and wanting to smash my keyboard into my LCD.

So you are going for 40+ expertis than? =P
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    So you are going for 40+ expertis than? =P
    You betcha. Right now I have 29 Expertise without the SoV glyph. I also have Skeleton Lord's Circle in my bank, and I still only have the 264 T10 legs(and every other piece too). I have plenty of ways to keep my expertise up. The rage from a dodged/parried attack cannot be put into words.

Deleted
    I can imagine that a dodged, parried or missed 3HP TV can be quite detrimental. currently, it hits for around 15K, which is about 1/3-1/5 of a normal mob.

and welcome back, prentice. We missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    The rage from a critical dodged/parried attack cannot be put into words.
    Fixed and truth. I really don't mind seeing the occasional dodge/parry/miss... I hate seeing strings of them, and I hate seeing things like Judgement (or now TV) or the deciding attack(s) in a to-the-wire fight get d/p/m-ed. Off-the-scale anger and vexation!

EDIT: Clarification: Critical as vitally important, not critical as in critical strike/hit mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Replaced my TaJ with my 277 DBW Day 1 of beta that and @ 85 it longer procs motes. I didn't notice if it quit getting them at a certain level but I know at 82 it is and 85 it isn't. Anyway ya TaJ is replaceable DBW is better imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=50351

Essentially, you could reforge 40% of the hit off (roughly 34 hit) and add in either mastery, crit, haste, etc.
    As others have said though, ret is currently not in the greatest of places, and if it's true that it's not proccing motes, i'm gonna put that down to either a bug or a change they've not mentioned. Getting some clarification on it would be great (as you can imagine, the proc at 85 would still make the trinket competitive with at least the low-end Cata trinkets).
    Motes would not make it a competitive trinket in cata. Str Trinket in cata 252 str with 1024 Mastery on use motes don't compare to that. Basically that and all of our abilities that stacked motes so fast are gone.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-09-20 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Motes would not make it a competitive trinket in cata. Str Trinket in cata 252 str with 1024 Mastery on use motes don't compare to that. Basically that and all of our abilities that stacked motes so fast are gone.
    He said low end, I would imagine he means while leveling or just hitting 85. The trinket you are referring to is from Tol Barad and you have to be exalted with the faction for it, I wouldn't imagine being able to get that right away. If TAiaJ still stacked motes at 85, it would be still be decent until other trinkets were available at least.