Thread: Plainsrunning

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I think kodos are quite fitting and by now integrated into tauren society. They don't need plainsrunning anymore. Also because they aren't nomads anymore but settled down.
    I love my Kodo (Bosco) on my tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    The arguement could be made that since the tauren are natural, were born into their bodies and that is all they know - they are more agile than a cursed human who is still trying to come to grips with their new bodies. Just sayin...
    True, but being born into your body doesn't automatically give you the kind of dexterity Running Wild needs. Take various animals in the wild for example. Some of them are naturally very good sprinters, they can get up to speed very quickly. Other animals however take a while to get up to speed, despite having a similar top speed to some of the sprinters. Tauren seem to fit better in the latter category of animals simply due to their size.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    I saw it firsthand. I bought my game at midnight the day it came out. It needed to be fixed. not removed. That is all.
    Plainsrunning was never on live.

Deleted
    Running wild was not the first time they tried this and i think it is only fitting in Cata that they bring this back for Tauren too.
    Scorpions > Running wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    They are not mildly similar. Plainsrunning was completely different. And it sucked. It was scrapped for a reason. IF they would add it back (which they probably wont), then they would implement it like running wild (your tauren would assume a sprint pose I guess).
    If anyone requests plainsrunning reimplemented, then they request running wild with a different name and animation for tauren. You don't request a mechanic for reimplementation that totally sucked and was not balancable only because it is unique.
    I never said that the spells were similar. I said that the "effect" was "mildly similar". And yes, the effects are similar -- Tauren moving at mount speed ~= Worgen moving at mount speed. The way each works is different, but that wasn't what I was inferring.

Quote Originally Posted by Citatus View Post
    Scorpions > Running wild.
    True. That new model looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    The arguement could be made that since the tauren are natural, were born into their bodies and that is all they know - they are more agile than a cursed human who is still trying to come to grips with their new bodies. Just sayin...
    I've been born into my body..that doesn't change the fact that I run slowly and awkwardly. It is about how my body is designed that determines how fast I will go, not how acclimated I am to it.

Tauren running fast has never made sense. I don't remember in Warcraft III sending in my Tauren as skirmish units...they were heavy, slow-moving units. That is a consequence of having a very large body compared with relatively human-like legs. They are very strong, and very slow.

Worgen, on the other hand, are designed perfectly for fast-running. Namely, their legs. No doubt the fact they run on two legs normally is NOT natural given the physiology, and is merely a remnant of their human selves. Also given the way their arms are designed (long and with large hands), it lends itself naturally to running on all fours. It just fits, as Worgen have always looked cool running on all fours. The Tauren would look ridiculous running on all fours, and as I stated before, there is no reason whatsoever they would be able to run fast on two legs.

What people don't seem to recall is that when Plainsrunning was (rightly) headed for the dustbin, there was a lot of beta feedback saying "OK, fine, the mechanics of how it was implemented didn't work in game. But why not just give Taurens the ability to run JUST LIKE A MOUNT. 1.5 second cast, and then they can run, could (at that time) get knocked out of 'mount mode', etc." And Blizz - at least in terms of the beta forums - didn't really seem to give that much consideration.

When people are saying "bring back Plainsrunning for Taurens" I'd agree that 99.99% of them never actually tried to use that crappy ability, nor even understand that it is/was intrinsically different than mounting. I think they're mostly just saying that the idea that Taurens have the ability to run INSTEAD OF A MOUNT would go back closer to the original envisioning of the Taurens as a race.

Personally, I'd give up my mounts to have Plainsrunning (in the modern, "just like a mount" sense, NOT the original WoW 0.72 (?) version).

But for people saying "Plainsrunning was stupid, asking for it back is equally stupid" are either ignorant or disingenuous, deliberately not understanding that the term in current players' context means something substantially different in implementation - based on Blizz's apparent willingness to give races inherent speed abilities that they formerly weren't interested in - than the original implementation.

I would be sad that this would obsolete the wonderful song "The Great Kodo", though.
    -Styopa

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw it firsthand. I bought my game at midnight the day it came out. It needed to be fixed. not removed. That is all.
    My god..the fail is strong with this one.

It wasn't in the release version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    My god..the fail is strong with this one.

It wasn't in the release version.
    Reading comprehension is hard. I never said it was in release.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Claiming a race based on a cow should be more agile than a race based on a wolf is exactly the kind of mindblowing ignorance i usually should be used to expect here, yet it still surprises me again and again.

Its really amazing what kind of argumentative crap ppl pull out of nowhere when they try to make a so called rp or reality reasoning point for some nice candy they want for their class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading comprehension is hard. I never said it was in release.
    What does buying your game the day of it being released have to do with it?

It was removed before release. Unless you were in beta, you never saw it.

Deleted
    Actually, Now i think about it, Draenei have hooves like a horse, they have a tail, so they could be classed almost like a raptor.. Now Raptors are a mount and run on two feet with a tail.. Hmmmmmmmmmm

BLIZZARD, I WANT DRAENEI TO HAVE RAPTOR RUNNING!!!!!!

/sarcasm off

Deleted
    Dwarves should be able to roll up in a ball and roll at 100% increased speed.

Exactly my point .
    And while we are at it, dwarves are small and fat, almost like boulders. Why not make a skill marble madness that lets dwarves go into a fetal position and roll around with mount speed.

damnit, someone was faster with this one. but surprised that idea is so obvious .
    Last edited by Beetlejuice; 2010-09-20 at 03:18 PM.

So now, where are the ally's to complain about an race with no "mounts" for the mount achievement?

Taurans already have mounts. That would make no sence to have them run mount speed aswell. The Worgen is a feral type beast, it works out great with this class. If fact I would have been pissed if they came out with a normal type of mount for them, instead of grasping this pretty opertunity to add some uniqueness to the game. So stop being a little cry baby. I play Horde mainly, and we got SOOOOOOO much more cooler things for us then the Alli got. So be quiet, and at least let them have this.
    Kasayk-80 Mage (Blood Elf): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cale&cn=Kasayk
    Hagënti-80 Druid (Tauran)

Its a Jersey thing man, ya gotta be from Jersey to get it. Get it?!

Tauren have never been shown as semi-Quadruped like worgen. Case closed.

It would be awesome if they brought it back , in a similar fashion to how it will work for worgens.

But unfortunately there is NO chance of this happening so it doesn't matter,
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    What does buying your game the day of it being released have to do with it?

It was removed before release. Unless you were in beta, you never saw it.
    it was in response to:

learn your troll's, namely the one's with recentish (under 1 year old a/c's) who claim the all knowing experience of an ex-vanilla player and how awesome it was, because really if ALL these trolls enjoyed the "real" awesome of pre-bc, then it really can't have been as unique as they claim...
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

15+ Year Old Account
    another topic on this. Is it too hard to understand what the search function is for?