Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    As things stand right now a Pally healer can never hit anything except FOL and mostly be OK. As GC has pointed out, there is a differential between a Pally healer who uses all his/her tools and one who doesn't, but that differential is really hard to see outside of the hardest content. Druids are a bit better, but realistically a raid heal Druid can get away with nothing except Rejuv, Wild Growth, and Swiftmend. They won't be a "good healer", but they'll be mostly indistinguishable from a good healer except in Heroic ICC.
    at certain gear levels, i think good and bad healers would be distinguishable in reg icc... i'm just trying to think, are they tuning the game based on overgeared healers facerolling content... unless, i'm making it harder on myself using heals that i don't need to use currently... (my guild is still learning that fire/goo is something NOT to stand in)...

Deleted
    Honestly I like the way holy priests used to heal, pretty wide arsenal and I especially miss dancing around the 5 second rule. It was a really great way to determine ones level of skill. I'm a bit afraid what cata brings to us, but I want to believe in Blizzard. This concept just fast turns into a "tank takes so little damage that I can just spam my lowest cost heal and never go oom, yawn. Oh look, I'm behing, couple of better heals. Still at full mana with shadowfiend unused".

I have never been a fan of too slow healing, it's not intense or extreme. Holy priests had it pretty good, you had decisions (fast greater heal versus fast prayer, it could be a matter of life and death etc) and in ulduar I remember going oom and fightning for mana (not so much after though). While it was frustrating to watch the tank getting gipped at times, I really don't think that was the real problem. Moreso the problem lied within paladins and shamans healing arsenal. As a holy priest I used all of my healing spells in every single fight, unlike our paladins who were spamming fh/hl, or our shamans spamming whatever-the-fuck they spam + chainheal.

Oh well, let's hope for the best.