Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Looks like we're back to Slotted Tier tokens

Deleted
    Hmm, guess it stops players who can only farm upto the first boss that drops a tier token getting a whole set, now they will need to actually progress through the raid to get a full set.

I think this is moreso just the format that accompanies a muti-raid tier, as is the case with cata. This is how it worked in BC cause of all the raids you had to hit up, but I agree with this format, good to seperate the bads again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love it. Hope they remove the tier-set-through-badges or as Open PvP Area Boss drop too.

edit: Also from what I heard we will see two or see different raids per tier, like Kara/Gruul/Magtheridon or ssc/TK. So having each raid drop different parts of the set makes sense.
    Last edited by Scimitar; 2010-09-20 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    I think this is moreso just the format that accompanies a muti-raid tier, as is the case with cata. This is how it worked in BC cause of all the raids you had to hit up, but I agree with this format, good to seperate the bads again.
    This is accurate, makes sense with 3 raids.

Thumbs up! Even though i liked getting 6k gs on my alt dk :P

as far as i've seen blizz is undoing almost every aspect that made the game easier for casuals with WLK
    I LOVE IT

Deleted
    Just as it should Be!

Yay more rng drops :/ Wish they do some sort of trophy system again much better
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Deleted
    i dont mind the ability to buy 2 pirces of teir like they did wuth t7 and t8

Purely because sometimes, yes rng just is never on your side. took something like 10 torim 25man kills to finally see a pala/priest/lock teir helm drop.

As long as you cant farm the full set from just badges its good.

Honestly I don't think they have much choice. The separate token system worked in OS/Naxx to split tier between instances. Would the icecrown system have worked? Imagine being able to get all your tier from one super easy entry level raid boss. While some of you may comment that saurfang is that easy, with no buff he doesn't even compare to how easy OS was. I think they made the right choice for T11.

More importantly, it would appear they are planning on cutting down on the amount of tiers-within-tiers so to speak. Looks like in all likelihood, there will be a normal tier, and possibly a "heroic" version of the tokens for the heroic tear. Probably no bottom tier.

Pointing out that tiers 7-9 also had slot tokens but were purchasable with emblems. Just because they're gained via tokens doesn't mean they can't be farmed
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

good it means people like me who might have personal things come up wont be totally screwed on getting Teir gear. While the casuals who zone out all day farming heroics can't I approve this change.

Deleted
    Great, not only the Paladin token doesnt drop in my guild, but now also the chance of getting one is further devided....

This shit sucks and leads to more farming of these instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Pointing out that tiers 7-9 also had slot tokens but were purchasable with emblems. Just because they're gained via tokens doesn't mean they can't be farmed
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonist View Post
    Thumbs up!
    ^ This

Can someone show me where does it says you won't be able to get Tiers with Valor points?, maybe they're following the same pattern of ICC, you get the Tier with Valor points and then upgrade it with the token.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Not all of them. And not from the start.(if i remember correctly)

Ok now people are jumping the gun and saying omg noobs will have to clear content to get the tokens... Can anyone comfirm this? or will it just be easier to get through raiding instead of turning in badges for tokens. Also they have stated in the past that they are making only 2 types of badges for Cata so this means that each tier of gear will be easily obtained once the next raid tier has been released. The game will still be casual friendly to an extent.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Popmybubble View Post
    Ok now people are jumping the gun and saying omg noobs will have to clear content to get the tokens... Can anyone comfirm this? or will it just be easier to get through raiding instead of turning in badges for tokens. Also they have stated in the past that they are making only 2 types of badges for Cata so this means that each tier of gear will be easily obtained once the next raid tier has been released. The game will still be casual friendly to an extent.
    ^ This

As I say they're probably following the same pattern they did with ICC, Get tier with Valor points, upgrade it with token. gg.