Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would rather be held back from getting a certain Tier slot piece by a difficult boss than be cockblocked by RNG. Either way i dont care, im going to be happy to see new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    hooray now i won't ever see a moron running around in full tier gear who only has the achievement for the first or second parts of a raid!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaftyMcShaft View Post
    Metzen: Magic rainbow ponies.
    Developer 2: Brilliant.
    Metzen: That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by candlepally View Post
    good it means people like me who might have personal things come up wont be totally screwed on getting Teir gear. While the casuals who zone out all day farming heroics can't I approve this change.
    What is this I don't even...

I will burn your soul.

Wtb consolidated tokens, I remember running tk and never once seeing warlock shoulder token drop in 3 months...

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Hmm, guess it stops players who can only farm upto the first boss that drops a tier token getting a whole set, now they will need to actually progress through the raid to get a full set.
    Was this really an issue? A raid that stopped after Saurfang every week would get two tokens for 25 people, unless they always went to the same people it would take forever to gear up like this. getting everyone 5 pieces like this would take 63 weeks...

k, so I remember GC saying ,(and I am paraphraseing here), they plan to continue makeing things availible to casuals, but not right off the hop. So the hardcore raiders can shine in the sun in that new gear for a while before the casuals get to.
    I am pretty sure it's gonna be like that, b/c like it or not, casuals pay for us all to play.
    As for tiers within tiers....did you all forget 10 and 25 mans will have the same drops now? Makes cutting down on tiers easy enough huh?

Im happy, blizzard made farming tiers way to grindy, i just want to give my token and turn it in for tier, i dont want to pay badges or the preivous tier piece to get it. Thats one big reason ulduar was the only good raid in Wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do NOT like the "trophy" system. I'd rather fight 2-3 people on a RNG drop than 24 or 9 people on a sure thing.

But really, when you think about it, it evens out.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Oh joy. Guess I better get back to going to the RNG altar every sunday.

Slotted tokens are not necessary. What I'd do:

--hands/legs available from Justice points (for casuals)
    --chest/shoulders available from Conquest points (Conquest points come only from raiding, not dailies)
    --helm is slotted to make RNG a little relevant
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally liked the system with having "trophies", which made everyone who got one able to buy any tier piece they want. However, since there will be several raids, that system would make people raid only the easier bosses from these raids, or even just one raid, to be able to achieve as many tier pieces as possible, which makes it a problem.

Whatever's the case, as long as Blizzard make sure that the major issues with systems get fixed, I will not complain.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2010-10-05 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Wish they'd just put it back to TBC mode, seriously only then in TBC could you determine a good player from their gear and titles. Nowadays everyone and their mum has Kingslayer along with full 277 gear. Its really sad, glad they are making HC hard again.

Long live totalbiscunt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    Yay more rng drops :/ Wish they do some sort of trophy system again much better
    I'm afraid that if you don't like rng, you're playing the wrong game .

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strikesuit View Post
    Slotted tokens are not necessary. What I'd do:

--hands/legs available from Justice points (for casuals)
    --chest/shoulders available from Conquest points (Conquest points come only from raiding, not dailies)
    --helm is slotted to make RNG a little relevant
    Cause people care so much about getting their 5th tier item? That would just result in everyone skipping the head item.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKilla View Post
    Wish they'd just put it back to TBC mode, seriously only then in TBC could you determine a good player from their gear and titles. Nowadays everyone and their mum has Kingslayer along with full 277 gear. Its really sad, glad they are making HC hard again.

Long live totalbiscunt
    Totally agree, for a while some of my alts sat are better gear than my main thanks to RNG drops :/ All 5 of my chars now have either Light of Dawn or Bane of the Fallen King and 70% of gear @ ilvl277; my DK+Warrior both have Shadowmourne, I feel bad just wielding it on them. On the alliance AH there's 7x or each the quest rewards atm(except tabbard+mount).

I agree with people who support just a random generic trophy, usable by all classes. It sucks to throw away tokens because every member of that class has every possible set piece they could want but you have a few raid members who would kill for their class token to drop.

As for the mentioned problems of people farming a specific boss for the trophy every week, that's easily solved. Generic Trophy for your helm, generic trophy for your chest piece, etc.
    Last edited by thatguy181; 2010-10-05 at 03:58 PM.

No use getting too excited about this guys. Currently on the beta, you can buy the tier 11 gloves, legs, and chest for badges only. And the shoulders and head pieces are from tokens only. So that means someone that has never set foot in a raid will never get the 4 pc, and if you really want yours, you just have to win 1 token head/shoulder. Not sure if I really like that or not, becuase most of the token drops are going to be wasted for raiders. Only thing the gloves/chest/leg token will do is save you a weeks worth of valor points.

It doesn't change anything. Well, except for the fact that tiered epics might actually be rare again.

Here's a fun game you can play - Go into Dalaran, and try to find more than 5 level 80's NOT wearing Tier 10 shoulders. This is a necessary change, as things were becoming too homogenized with the badge system, and things were being tuned with set bonuses in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think the best system would to require 3 of the tier pieces to be bought with tokens. The other 2 would be purchasable with badges, as it would reduce RNG, and allow people that don't raid to have their 2pc. As for the tokens, make them slot specific, yet take away the class restriction. This method will reduce RNG, yet still require for you to progress to aquire the higher tier. Although, I think their current system is going to be just like the t10, where you buy with badges and then upgrade with tokens from raids. If I remember correctly, a blue posted stating that t11 will be purchasable with valor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    Personally, I think the best system would to require 3 of the tier pieces to be bought with tokens. The other 2 would be purchasable with badges, as it would reduce RNG, and allow people that don't raid to have their 2pc. As for the tokens, make them slot specific, yet take away the class restriction. This method will reduce RNG, yet still require for you to progress to aquire the higher tier. Although, I think their current system is going to be just like the t10, where you buy with badges and then upgrade with tokens from raids. If I remember correctly, a blue posted stating that t11 will be purchasable with valor points.
    This is exactly what I think. That is a system I'd love to see. 2pc for everyone, 4pc for those who earned it. That would leave the 4pc bonuses strong, while still leaving opportunities for lesser skilled players to enjoy the game.

Just remember - Blizzard stated they want "Epics to become Epic again". Making the same mistakes you made with WotLK, but adding Camels and Elementals instead of Scourge and Ice, won't do that.