Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how to make money with herb/mine?

Just leveled them both to 450, got epic flying but prices on my server seem pretty sucky, here's some of them:
    saronite ore - 65-80s per
    saronite bar - 1g 60 -2g per
    titanium ore-9g 50 per
    titanium bar-12g 50 per
    titansteel bar-70-75g per
    fel iron ore-2g per
    fel iron bar-3g - 3g 50s per
    tiger's lilly -50s per
    gold clover-38s per
    adder's tounge-1g per
    cobalt ore-1g 80s per
    cobalt bar-1g 97 per
    ice thorn-56s per
    eternal fire -17g per
    eternal life-12-17g per
    eternal shadow-5-6g per

so what should i do to make money? i was thinking of farming some eternal fires and ores and make titan steel bars but im not sure, can someone who knows a bit help me out here please? would i be better off dropping herb for jc, i hear people making 20k in a day using that but im guessing thats a lie too?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are making the common mistake that many people do. Assuming that high level materials sell for the highest prices. Many people levelling alts don't want to spend the time running around hacking at ores for hours on end and would rather buy from the AH. The result being that demand outstrips supply and the AH price rockets. I seem to remember Thorium can sell for a stack of cash, but don't forget to check copper prices! Copper is quick and easy to mine, and can sell for >1G per ore on some servers. Check ore versus bar prices too, as ore is in demand from Jewelcrafters.

Like Zadoc said, it's "easy" to find top level mats. Nobody wants to go find the earlier ones while leveling professions. However, farming old world mats can take a while. I find it better to fly around Outland farming since they're still "old" mats that no one wants to get themselves but you can use 280/310 flying to make it go much faster.

Farming thorium is super lucrative. Just go to Un'Goro Crater and run around the circle. It's ridiculous how much you get now. That or farming Fel Iron in hellfire peninsula. On my server it goes for 75 a stack of bars

I'd say fel iron looks pretty good on your server, especially since it's VERY easy and VERY fast to get it. You could check adamantite aswell, but remember that you need 2 adamantite ores for 1 bar

10+ Year Old Account
    Sungrassish level herbs sell fantastically.
    And thorium/mythril sell well as well.

Old world, lower level herbs sell for insane prices on my Alliance server and good prices on my Horde server.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My druid made 650 gold at level 22 just by leveling herb/mine for a single afternoon.

...just sayin

10+ Year Old Account
    When Cataclysm hits you'll be able to make a pretty penny with your gathering professions for the first few months. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Agape View Post
    When Cataclysm hits you'll be able to make a pretty penny with your gathering professions for the first few months. ^^
    Stockpiling herbs/ores now to sell when people want to powerlevel their new Cataclysm-alts is a good way to make a good stack of cash, too... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Zadoc View Post
    . I seem to remember Thorium can sell for a stack of cash, but don't forget to check copper prices! Copper is quick and easy to mine, and can sell for >1G per ore on some servers. Check ore versus bar prices too, as ore is in demand from Jewelcrafters.
    Heavily depends on the server I would say, Thorium sells for 10g on my server, while Copper is 20g+ and Mithril is 45g+ (all prices per stack).

For herbs you can check Herb/Alchemy levelling guides and farm the herbs that those guides use.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Alll the guides for making gold and such will say the same thing these guys are saying ...there is one fundamental flaw though ...demand ....See the thing is yah you might sell an old world stack of something for 75 gold ...if someone happens to be looking for it if not you might get that stack back in the mail 5-6 times which has happened to me .

Now on the other hand I make 3-400g/hr with herb/mining just using carbonite and following the routes in Northrend . between stacks of bars of saronite and stacks of various herbs you will be able to find mats that are always in demand and will always sell .

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Stockpiling herbs/ores now to sell when people want to powerlevel their new Cataclysm-alts is a good way to make a good stack of cash, too... ^_^
    I dont think so. I would rather expect prices of old world herbs and ores drop. with cataclysm people will be able to fly in azeroth making it easier to farm there. The fact that you can fly is for many people the reason they farm in northrend / outlands and not in the old world. So once cata comes expect more people to farm low level stuff making its prices drop.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one makes money at this point in the expansion, your best bet is to mine saronite bars, smelt them and vendor them.

THE SARONITE SHUFFLE DOESN'T WORK! Tell everyone.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

BC prices 20g each stack of thorium, 10g each stack of mithril.

WOTLK after release: 100-160g each stack, 80-120g each stack.

And yes they sold almost instantly even at that price.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just remember with gathering professions that you're competing with the most fluid and professional farmer filled markets. If you're saving up to sell for cata, you're going to have to forgo a large chunk of leveling just to make money. Past a certain point in time, the prices will even out extremely fast and your investment will deflate. As for long-term gain, it's pretty linear to how much time you want to spend gathering. Lots of time farming to relatively little money made, but the money incoming is nearly guaranteed.

Deleted
    On my server Mithril and Thorium are best selling at around 130g/stack of bar and around 70g/stack of ore.
    As for the herbs it's up and down but generally speaking a stack of gold clover will go for 50g.

Deleted
    Don't bother stockpiling old world stuff seens as everyone will be able to farm it with their flying mount, and they can even upgrade it to 310% giving more incentive to farm it instead of buy it.

Outland stuff is going for a shitload on my server atm. I've been farming Primal Airs with Engineering, going for 60g~, Fel Iron and Adamantite going for a lot too. Not sure why as they're piss easy to farm. If people keep buyin, i'll keep farming.

Deleted
    Copper Bar/Ore, Gold Bars and other low level ore's/bars go for like 100g a stack on my server, it's a fricking goldmine.

personally when i needed money for epic flying etc i just farmed either adders tongue in sholazar basin or icethorn/lichbloom in icecrown. Paired with the eternal life + frost lotus and the fact i have an elixer master as an irl friend i made 1-2000 gold a night (4-5 hours of herb farming)