Thread: Lore question

Lore question

is it possible to make a really old human like 400 years old to rp with im writing a character and i wanna make him old and wise
    i was also wondering if i could have him shapeshift
    and if i could make a hybrid class
    Last edited by Spikeydeath; 2010-09-20 at 10:28 PM.

I'd consider a different race, if that's what you want. Humans don't live that long.

what about the hybrid i kinda wanted to make a diviner sorcerer
    and the transformering

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds kinda like medivh to me, you could maybe make the chacater a oracle of sorts, or a hirophant...but hirophant isnt really a wow class

diviner sorceror? you'll have to explain it in further detail.

Transformation magic COULD be used by him, but it'll have to depend.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    is it possible to make a really old human like 400 years old to rp with im writing a character and i wanna make him old and wise
    i was also wondering if i could have him shapeshift
    and if i could make a hybrid class
    First question you should do to yourself should be, why do you need/want the character to be human and 400 years of age? Is there's something important about it?

If so then you should later search around life span and ways to lengthen it. But you'd have to explain it well, was it Fel Magic? Arcane Magic? Was it a gift from a demonic creature? An alchemic discovery?
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

i scraped the 400 year old think mistress he's 100
    diviner scorer as in a powerful knowledge seeker
    just an eagle
    and dark side yes medivh was the insperation

He could be a retcon of Medivh and Garona-oh wait.

I wouldn't consider him very human after 200 years of life, so 400 is really pushing it. Perhaps 90 or even 120?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    He could be a retcon of Medivh and Garona-oh wait.

I wouldn't consider him very human after 200 years of life, so 400 is really pushing it. Perhaps 90 or even 120?
    120 seems reasonable for humans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    120 seems reasonable for humans
    Yeah, but that would be my max age of starting. I really would go higher, or else it sounds like Knaack and the creator of Med'an creators's son who is five.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

You could make him an Azotha, which would make it a bastard child of the Vrykul caused by the curse of flesh, but not quite Human. Or more half and half between the two? Because Vrykuls' I think live alot longer, like ALOT longer being a direct creation of the titans, a seed race if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    You could make him an Azotha, which would make it a bastard child of the Vrykul caused by the curse of flesh, but not quite Human. Or more half and half between the two? Because Vrykuls' I think live alot longer, like ALOT longer being a direct creation of the titans, a seed race if you will.
    I always thought they lived much longer due to their "sleep" abilities and their geomancer magic (primitive druidic powers or something like that)
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    I always thought they lived much longer due to their "sleep" abilities and their geomancer magic (primitive druidic powers or something like that)
    It could be a combo of the both, unsure though. I guess it might be up to everyone if they accept the fact that they can live longer.

does no one read what i right hehe
    i said he's a 100

Oh I missed that, then yeah through deep and powerful magic you can extend your life span. Obviously not to Aegywnn lengths due to the fact that she was a guardian and had the power of the Tirisfallen, but 100 would work for a regular magi I guess? as long as your not still physically young and 100.

is it ok if he can transform into an eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    is it ok if he can transform into an eagle?
    Go ahead, but you'll need to explain that well :]

eh... something that unique would probably require a bit more... perhaps a mini-adventure to find the scroll or tome which taught the spell, which he might have had to find a translator for. Transformation magic isn't exactly very common. (aside from druids... the only mage who was noted to do this was Medivh)

i submitted it, please tell me watcha think