Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TG Warrior DPS @ Level 85

I know that nothing is final yet, numbers are beeing tuned etc., but after seeing so much QQ about warrior damage on the PTR, i spent some time on the "Raider's Training Dummy" in Beta (as level 85 TG-Fury). It was only a couple of minutes and a total of 10 million damage, but it should give you a general direction.

I really would like to see what other warriors in beta come up with, as my rotation is certainly far from perfect right now and there still should be room for improvement.

DPS was around 7.65k throughout and dropped slightly to 7576 due to deep wounds still ticking when i stepped away. There were no debuffs on the boss, not even sunder, and i was only selfbuffed with Battle Shout(549Str/Agi).

Zin'rokh MH, Shadowmourne OH

http://img405.imageshack.us/f/dps2.jpg/

10+ Year Old Account
    According to recount you did 1,121 HPS with bloodthirst... what the fuck? Divide healing done by time.

I personally think for less "afk = skill" factor they should up the AP coefficients and increase raging blow damage and nerf white damage.

How is rend? Worth using at all with a "hard hitting" MH like Zin'Rhok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Yea, Bloodthirst ticks for 1.8k, 1k HPS seems about right. But i have 87k hp unbuffed in fury gear atm, so it's not that much. Victory Rush heals for ~36k though when glyphed, that's quite nice while leveling, or on trash.

I tried a rotation with rend, but i didn't manage to do more than 6.5k dps. Rend ticks 6 times for a total of 6739 (1123 average tick) over 15sec for 10 rage, while Raging Blow hits for 9191(MH)+3601(OH)=12792 for 20 rage. So even under optimal conditions it's doubtful that the rage- and gcd-investment for stancedancing is worth it.

And there isn't really that much downtime either, even on the training dummy i sometimes spiked to 80+ rage. It still wasn't worth using inner rage (i tried), at least not for the full duration of 15sec. But i could see inner rage beeing very useful when there is at least a small amount of incoming damage, or even when our gear improves. Rage gen isn't really that bad. You have to decide how to spend your rage almost every gcd (when you didn't have a miss-streak), especially with incite- and slam-procs.

Oh, btw incite has much potential to be nerfed when we get enough rage gen to use HS every 6-9sec while keeping our rotation up (HS is on it's own 3sec cooldown, and doesn't trigger the gcd). Incite is up for 9sec, and has an internal cooldown of 6sec. So when i experimented with a 3-point-incite build, i could keep the critrate of HS at 90%+ by using it when there was less than 4sec left on the incite-proc, therefore refreshing it. I had to pass on a few BT/raging blows due to rage though, and that coupled with one less point in deep wounds kept my dps down. But as i said, once the rage for that is sustainable, i can see incite getting nerfed to 6sec duration or 9sec ICD. If not HS will most likely make up the majority of our damage.
    Last edited by Butch; 2010-09-21 at 02:49 AM.

Good to hear about the rage situation.

OT- What all did you have to do to aquire Zin'rokh?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Good to hear about the rage situation.

OT- What all did you have to do to aquire Zin'rokh?
    Isn't it from archaeology?

10+ Year Old Account
    That from the new profession right? You create it from artifacts
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

I know that. I guess I should have asked how long/difficult it was.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I know that. I guess I should have asked how long/difficult it was.
    I did that last patch, from level 1 till i had Zin'rokh in my inventory i spent maybe more that 24 hours ingame leveling archaeology(spread over 3-4 days). Yes, that is insane. But once you are 6h+ in, there is no going back, even if you notice that it will take you much longer than anticipated or is healthy.

This patch though archaeology leveling speed has almost been doubled, so it shouldn't take nearly that long on live. But the first heroics will likely drop equal gear, so i doubt anyone will use it on their mainchar. It's just the best weapon currently ingame with only normalmode instances enabled.

The difficulty is trivial, you have to fly around Azeroth and dig. I think i never watched that much TV while playing before.

What's the model look like?

What's the model look like?
    I'm gonna guess that is looks like the lvl 60 version of the weapon but I'm not in the beta.. But it would be the logical choice tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Deleted
    1- loose them goddamned lvl 80 epics
    2- equip quest rewards from Uldum
    3- ???
    4- PROFIT !!

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    1- loose them goddamned lvl 80 epics
    2- equip quest rewards from Uldum
    3- ???
    4- PROFIT !!
    Wow, i didn't know you could inspect me via screenshot. The only level 80 epics i wear are the 277 shoulders and 277 chest for the 2-set bonus (3% chance to get 16% AP on DW tick) plus the gloves (277 too). Everything else is ilvl 333 blues, with two exceptions. I haven't found good replacements for these three slots, but if you did, feel free to screenshot your character pane and tell me where you got that items.

And on the quest rewards from Uldum ... only a couple of quests in Uldum are itemized since the last patch, all of whom i did last patch, when there were no items.

Feel free to inspect me on the Mekkatorque EU Beta. You are in beta though, right?
    Last edited by Butch; 2010-09-21 at 12:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess there's a better weapon than shadowmourne out there. Some mace if I remember correctly...
    other than that, numbers seem to be quite good depending the combat rating drop of those 5 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I guess there's a better weapon than shadowmourne out there. Some mace if I remember correctly...
    other than that, numbers seem to be quite good depending the combat rating drop of those 5 levels.
    I have Wild Hammer in my inventory, but dps is about the same as with shadowmourne. Strenght didn't rise that much when going from lvl80 to 85, so the str-proc on shadowmourne in my opinion still outweighs the extra 140dps in my offhand. But i could be wrong, i didn't do as much testing with Wild Hammer as with Shadowmourne, maybe i'll give it a try on the dummys today again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Wow, i didn't know you could inspect me via screenshot. The only level 80 epics i wear are the 277 shoulders and 277 chest for the 2-set bonus (3% chance to get 16% AP on DW tick) plus the gloves (277 too). Everything else is ilvl 333 blues, with two exceptions. I haven't found good replacements for these three slots, but if you did, feel free to screenshot your character pane and tell me where you got that items.

And on the quest rewards from Uldum ... only a couple of quests in Uldum are itemized since the last patch, all of whom i did last patch, when there were no items.

Feel free to inspect me on the Mekkatorque EU Beta. You are in beta though, right?

ideed, and i'm in the same situation as you are, already did all the quests before they were itemized :/

On my Worgen DK though, i'm currently re-doing them all, and there are a couple of really great stat'ed items as rewards from the "Schwartzenegger Goblin" series of quests 'can't remember his name, only his epic quotes during the tank battle ^^) as far as i saw...

My guess is, as it's still beta, the developpers will keep an eye on any "blue geared" player's damage, regardless of class. They DID stated that people should have completely replaced their wotlk epics (including shadowmourne) by the time they reached Uldum's final quests...

kudos for finding the time to grind your way through getting Zin'Rhok, may i ask what archeology level you got this baby ? ^^
    Last edited by mmoce3896f30ad; 2010-09-21 at 01:12 PM.

That goblin is Commander Schnottz. Yea, he really has a couple of really nice Indiana Jones/Bond references.
    I just noticed that his chain has continued this patch, so if you haven't done the quest "Firing Squad" yet, check for him at Schnottz's Landing. But so far i only got a useless blue trinket (234 Str but nothing else) and heal-plate. Will continue though.

I got Zin'rokh at level 450 from troll fragments.

you would do more dps if you upgraded some of you 277 gear.. as the stats must be REALLY low compared to 333 gear+

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    you would do more dps if you upgraded some of you 277 gear.. as the stats must be REALLY low compared to 333 gear+
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The only level 80 epics i wear are the 277 shoulders and 277 chest for the 2-set bonus (3% chance to get 16% AP on DW tick) plus the gloves (277 too). Everything else is ilvl 333 blues, with two exceptions. I haven't found good replacements for these three slots, but if you did, feel free to screenshot your character pane and tell me where you got that items.
    Did you bother to read the thread before responding?

Deleted
    Sorry for intrerupting but... what i understand from that chart is that 90% of your DPS comes from auto attack, deep wounds (passive), 2 skills that you mash on every CD and a third (heroic strike) that you use whenever you go high in rage. I mean i might be wrong, but isn't this a bit skill-less ? It's almost like the ret of Cata, atleast as far as PvE goes. Compared to other classes/specs it must feel very boring and lackluster, i mean even oomkins have much more stuff to mess with since the last patch..

Just my 2cents and sorry for OT