Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    Ok pertaining to the ppl having the sig war my new one should be fine if you think its prolly still too big plz tell me ragebar or a mod.

Oh and back to my original topic kk ty for the reply I'll ignore AVG if it comes up again.
    your sig is totally fine, stop listening to these overly dramatic crybabies, as long as your sig isn't something blatantly obnoxious and huge you're good. they're mad because it was more than an inch long and it forced them to scroll over it for an extra ten milliseconds.

when you sit on forums all day, even the most trite inconvenience becomes an earthshaking event in the dark of your mom's basement.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    you're exaggerating the size of his signature, and seriously exaggerating your own inconvenience at scrolling an internet web page for .5 seconds longer than you usually do.
    Who said I was talking about his signature? By the time I got to this thread, he didn't have one. I was talking about all the large signatures in general.
    And how do you know if I am exaggerating my own inconvenience? Are you me? No. So you have no idea what it's like for me and yet you make claims. Very nice.
    If you still feel like arguing, let's take it to PMs. No need to derail the thread any more.

These forums are not for showing off sigs(hence the size limitation), it's mostly for discussing and conversing.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2010-09-21 at 03:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    your sig is totally fine, stop listening to these overly dramatic crybabies, as long as your sig isn't something blatantly obnoxious and huge you're good. they're mad because it was more than an inch long and it forced them to scroll over it for an extra ten milliseconds.

when you sit on forums all day, even the most trite inconvenience becomes an earthshaking event in the dark of your mom's basement.
    Wow, everyone get a load of DEEPKVTS the Cawkstrider over here, my god. Get off his jock for like 10 minutes before you turn into Elton John. You're defending his signature so much you'd think you were his assbuddy.
    Also, there are these things called forum rules. In those forum rules, the maximum size of a signature is clearly stated.
    L2forum cawkstrider.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterxx View Post
    so it's safe even though i have keylogger alert?
    yeah i got the same thing, as soon as the downloader came on, my antivirus program poped up and said keylogger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    During its scan of the WoW folder it found 5 Worms and a bunch of Trojans and other Assorted Viruses. (It was sort of like Pamela Anderson in folder form.) So I don't know if Blizzard got a virus on their patch servers or they were hacked or what but just an FYI if you get a patch thats about 11MB DO NOT CONTINUE TO DOWNLOAD IT.
    Can you post exactly what viruses AVG thinks it found? Detailed information is helpful. Also, I would suspect that if their patch servers were infected, EVERYBODY would be experiencing this problem, not just you.

---------- Post added 2010-09-21 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    yeah i got the same thing, as soon as the downloader came on, my antivirus program poped up and said keylogger
    You use Kaspersky? The last PTR patch I downloaded like a week ago was flagged as a generic packed keylogger but nothing specific. There is mention of it on the Kaspersky forums and it's been regarded as a false flag.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Can you post exactly what viruses AVG thinks it found? Detailed information is helpful. Also, I would suspect that if their patch servers were infected, EVERYBODY would be experiencing this problem, not just you.

---------- Post added 2010-09-21 at 09:11 AM ----------

You use Kaspersky? The last PTR patch I downloaded like a week ago was flagged as a generic packed keylogger but nothing specific. There is mention of it on the Kaspersky forums and it's been regarded as a false flag.
    Yes i do use Kaspersky, yeah cause it came up as red, then it changed to green. but thats good it is a false flag

Deleted
    Whenever something like that comes up you need to go to "Details" or whatever and get "more information" on the exact type that was detected and which file it was detected in. Often your internet browser will then open a site where the creator of your antivirus tells you what the threat exactly is.

Sometimes you will see something like "this is a generic threat (heuristic) detection" in which case it's almost always a false positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Sometimes you will see something like "this is a generic threat (heuristic) detection" in which case it's almost always a false positive.
    While sometimes a heuristic detection is a false flag, a user should always look into a detection to make sure. Otherwise you can fall into the trap of just assuming it's a false positive when in fact you actually have something bad.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

I don't get any AVG alerts like you, weird.

There was even a blue post saying that this patch is legitimate. It's not a virus. False alarm.

Quoted from http://www.wowblues.com/us/minipatch-26859268669.html

"It was a patch to the background downloader and other tools to help address issues some were experiencing in getting the larger 4.0.0 pre-download. "