Thread: 85 - Health

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

85 - Health

So i think i'm going to roll a druid tank in cata, but i was wondering, what is the highest Health you have seen (at 85) this includes, enchants, gems, everything! saw one with 98K, but im not sure if that's the highest at the moment, and this was in green gear

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea bout tanks, but I saw priest lvl 85 on YT with 92k HP (no idea how good gear he had).... so I assume tanks at this level should have something like... double?
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuun View Post
    No idea bout tanks, but I saw priest lvl 85 on YT with 92k HP (no idea how good gear he had).... so I assume tanks at this level should have something like... double?
    Tank and DPS gear won't be that far apart in stamina anymore.

Tanks get 15% extra health from choosing a tanking tree, and they'll have some extra health from trinkets and such, but double the hp shouldn't happen anymore.

I reckon tanks will generally have like 25-30% extra stamina.

don't think so, blizz said they wanted to have DPS/Healers have a little bit lower health then tanks, so i assume tanks will have around 10/20K health more?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    tanks will still gemm full stamina and DPS/healers not
    tanks have bonus from talent trees (hunters have a 10% stamina bonus with a 3-point talent in surv, but it's am almost useless talent for PvE) and from talent points
    they'll still have 30-40% more hp at least

In TotalBiscuit's Halls of Origination video, their Druid tank was sitting at 107K hp. That was with pretty much full iLevel 333 gear from what I understood. This was with Priest and Paladin buffs, of course.

Deleted
    well, taking a feral tank as an example, you get 5% from Leather Specialization in Bear Form, 10% from HotW, and 25% Stamina from Bear form, so Bear tanks gets (apart from all the trinkets, gems and enchants they can fill with stamina) 40% more Stamina than the Rogue and Cat DPS. That would be quite a bit more than 10/20k HP.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix View Post
    Tank and DPS gear won't be that far apart in stamina anymore.

Tanks get 15% extra health from choosing a tanking tree, and they'll have some extra health from trinkets and such, but double the hp shouldn't happen anymore.

I reckon tanks will generally have like 25-30% extra stamina.
    won't tanks still gem for stam while non-tanks look more at int/str/agi/every other stat that boosts dps/healing

In Total's HoO video, he said the bear tank was fully geared in dungeon 83/85 gear. He had 107k hp in bear.

Blah, late on the post. In an instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    fully geared in dungeon 83/85 gear. He had 107k hp in bear.
    If this will scale like in wotlk then by the end of cataclysm in bis items bears will have like 300k hp :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    tanks will still gemm full stamina
    only bad tanks do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    only bad tanks do that
    said by guy with random green quality gems in his gear

Deleted
    only bad tanks do that
    Wow what a retarded comment... Most fulltime tanks have different sets (or at least different pieces) for different situations. One setup is a full-stamina setup for magic fights or even all fights because they get enough of every other stat from gear.

We still don't know how we will gem as tanks (as raids haven't been tested yet), but atm in WotLK full stamina gemming is above everything else, as threat isn't a problem because of TotT and MD.

Deleted
    only bad tanks do that
    with the pre cata content stam gemming is the best coise

on ptr with 4.0.1 i saw that i have to gem expertise since there are no more any skillable points for tanks. the same with dodge and parry the 5% you could skill today are gone and you'll lose a heavy amount of armor. my tank suffers extremly under 4.0.1 6% damage reduction threw armor loss 9 % parry loss 8% dodge loss 10% block gain ... 4k hp gain. new glyphs are crap for actual content. the weeks between 4.0.1 and cata realese will be funny at all

15+ Year Old Account
    only bad tanks do that
    you just want to be flamed to the ground, that's the only explanation i have for your dumbass behaviour
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

only bad tanks do that
    /facepalm
    So you are calling the guildmaster of Paragon bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    i have ~106k hp with commanding shout and bok as warrior with half 333(2x 346 therazane ring) and 277 gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantina View Post
    We still don't know how we will gem as tanks (as raids haven't been tested yet), but atm in WotLK full stamina gemming is above everything else, as threat isn't a problem because of TotT and MD.
    Actually... we do know! Tanks will gem pure stamina! Even Blizz said that - as long as dragons will breath, stamina will be the most valuable stat for a tank. And tanks in top guilds doing progression allways go full stamina to reduce as much rng as possible!

Deleted
    Thanks to all quoting my post.
    First, i know that many people use different sets. I just said that only bad tanks purely gem stamina.
    Second, m4r3x, you saw that this toon has never been to ICC? I don't play with it much these days.
    Third, i don't call anyone to be retarded, dumb, whatever. I don't get what many people read sometimes.

Once more: Yes, you need high health for spiky mobs. Doesn't change the fact that there are people who allways gem for stamina.

Ah, i figured now that only lowpostcount guys started to flame me. Go on, this is the right way for a healthy career as a forum poster.
    Last edited by mmoc75936d2629; 2010-09-21 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    I just said that only bad tanks purely gem stamina.
    Nope.
    No other stat scales as good with buffs as stamina and if you're doing progression, the content is new and your raid is not that well geared, gemming stamina is a must since there's a high risk of getting gibbed very fast or even onehitted, relying on avoidance would be stupid, of course avoiding damage is better than receiving it then again if you have to rely on luck... that's not a serious progression! The goal is to make the incoming damage as predictable as possible and more health = more time for healers to react
    Once more: Yes, you need high health for spiky mobs.
    Spike damage is pretty much the only thing that can kill a tank if healers aren't afk or just terrible...