Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Justice Points...

So then, can anyone (either in the beta or on the ptr) confirm the prices of t10 after the conversion of badges to points? (i.e Emblem of Frost to Justice Points) and is it true that you can buy t10 with Emblems of Triumph when the conversion happens?

Thanks!

How will you be able to buy tier 10 with emblems of triumph when they're being converted into justice points? Maybe I missed something.

why whould you wanna spend ur justice point on t10?
    use them to buy lvl 85gear imo. of what ive heard jsutice points in cata will be like emblmes of heroism was in wotlk.

Helm, Chest and Legs are 1100 - Gloves and Shoulders are around 649 if I recall. This is on Beta btw. 95 Badges on live converts to a couple hundred JPs.

So if the conversions stay the same you will need the roughly 4 times the badges to buy the same piece after the change vs before the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudus View Post
    So then, can anyone (either in the beta or on the ptr) confirm the prices of t10 after the conversion of badges to points? (i.e Emblem of Frost to Justice Points) and is it true that you can buy t10 with Emblems of Triumph when the conversion happens?

Thanks!
    In theory you could, but the conversion rate is so jacked up, you would need to be sitting on a HUGE pile of Triumph emblems to make that happen.

I really doubt they'd let you sit on a huge pile of Justice Points and instantly get level 85 epics. They will probably clear all points with the release of cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob3002 View Post
    I really doubt they'd let you sit on a huge pile of Justice Points and instantly get level 85 epics. They will probably clear all points with the release of cataclysm.
    This.

They did the same shit for honor every expansion so far. They will probably announce it when they release 4.0 and proceed to feed on all the tears. Probably use it to power their servers.

There is a Hardcap of 4k, they enforce this hardcap shortly before cataclysm.

So as you kept honorpoints for wotlk, you'll probably keep both new honor and justice points at the cap.
    You have to remember those are the "easy to get normal dungeon points". You can gain them fast and to an unlimited amount daily. I'd expect that the 4k on 85 will be close to nothing.

And who the fuck would buy t10 a month before cataclysm
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    And who the fuck would buy t10 a month before cataclysm
    People who don't have it and want to make leveling a bit easier? Despite popular belief - one questing zone will NOT yield upgrades for every slot. 1-3 at best.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

One questing zone will probably have upgrades for almost all slots. Yes, there will be a slot or two missing but there is usally enough rewards to get a decent set.

4k justice points is the cap.
    one embleme of triumph/frost is equal to 2.75 justice points.
    that means, if you want to be caped when cata hits you need around 1455 emblems of thriumph/frost.

happy farming!

Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca View Post
    One questing zone will probably have upgrades for almost all slots. Yes, there will be a slot or two missing but there is usally enough rewards to get a decent set.
    I'm going to assume by your "probably" that you aren't on Beta. Well I am and what I said stands - you WILL NOT replace all your T10 from one zone. A weapon here a trinket there. With gem slots and reforging the gear you have will still be slightly better than the greens and blues - that's not even counting set bonuses.

You won't start seeing clear upgrades until Deepholm at the earliest. Even dungeon gear isn't so cut and dry. Around 84 and dungeons of that level is when you will see major upgrade after upgrade.

Frankly your statement is pretty asinine since you clearly have no first hand knowledge of Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca View Post
    I have seen almost all parts of Jesse Cox his leveling videos in Hyjal. If you are wearing ilvl 264 with everything enchanted and gemmed you won't get a lot of upgrades from Hyjal. If you are in BiS gear then you won't get any I think. I guess you will be questing in your ilvl 277 gear for at least 2 levels and maybe 3 with a rare upgrade once in a while.

If you only have 251 gear then you probably replace a lot pretty fast. But I don't think you will replace everything from only questing in Hyjal.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    This.

They did the same shit for honor every expansion so far. They will probably announce it when they release 4.0 and proceed to feed on all the tears. Probably use it to power their servers.
    They didn't wipe honor for WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    4k justice points is the cap.
    one embleme of triumph/frost is equal to 2.75 justice points.
    that means, if you want to be caped when cata hits you need around 1455 emblems of thriumph/frost.

happy farming!
    And then they reset the points or the cap is 100k on level 85 and you get 4k from doing 1 heroic dungeon. Yay.

---------- Post added 2010-09-21 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Groznar View Post
    They didn't wipe honor for WotLK.
    Iirc they did. They even implemented new trinkets for honor just before WotLK release so you could spend your points on them.

You can buy T10 with justice points, but it's expensive as hell.
    1100 justice points would be like, 400+ triumph/frost combined.

Plus, when Cata goes live, those Justice points will be reset to 0.
    They will continue this trend every Tier patch (since Cata is going T10 to T11, it counts).
    Any Justice Points you currently have are wiped, and any Conquest points you currently have (I think the current tier points are conquest anyway) will downrank to Justice, and you start fresh on the Conquest points.

That might be hard to read, but makes sense to me.

They didn't wipe honor. They said they were going to so people couldn't rush to 80 and buy the new PvP items, but a LOT complained so they didn't. Instead, they made the WotLK items worth a ton so you couldn't buy more than 1 piece at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet christ. I have sent Boub two messages to please put Bashiok's post on the front page already as it will completely stop all of these types of posts. for the record:
    No you will not be able to buy epics with Justice Points you save up now. You will however be able to buy "one or two heroic blues at level 85" assuming you are at the 4000 point cap from badge conversion.

Off to send him and some other mods a message to please post that on the front page. They update everything else so well that I don't know how they could miss that post.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You will however be able to buy "one or two heroic blues at level 85" assuming you are at the 4000 point cap from badge conversion.
    heroic blues? *.*

something like that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyj4ciJk34

*starts swingin'*