Poll: Read post first please

Will the worgen Running Wild 'mount' allow pets to be out?

Just curious if it will or not because when you mount up class pets disband till you dismount again, but technically your not mounting up so its not like the pet will just disband, so you guys think pets will disband or no?
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2010-09-21 at 08:28 PM.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

It's a mount, it will act like a mount.

I think it would be neat to see them out like the Water Elemental.

It's out, but you cannot control it until you dismount.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

It works like a mount, so It's safe to assume that pets will be out during running wild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post

The water ele looks cool until you have to play with it. It still aggros stuff when youre mounted (even when you are flying) and if you fly too high, it despawns and starts its CD until you can resummon it. It was a half-assed implementation at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    Just curious if it will or not because when you mount up class pets disband till you dismount again, but technically your not mounting up so its not like the pet will just disband, so you guys think pets will disband or no?
    Why is the notion that something intended to replace a normal mount for flavor reason is going to work like a normal mount so difficult to grasp for some people?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post

the water elemental is changed and now acts like a regular pet and despawns when mounted. and if you think it was cool you obviously never played a mage. it aggros EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage View Post
    Why is the notion that something intended to replace a normal mount for flavor reason is going to work like a normal mount so difficult to grasp for some people?
    Because they went out of their way (Blizzard) to make a new version of Plainsrunning for Worgen?

Perhaps it would just be neat to see this again like in Vanilla? Although we had control over pets on mounts in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    the water elemental is changed and now acts like a regular pet and despawns when mounted. and if you think it was cool you obviously never played a mage. it aggros EVERYTHING
    No, I have a 70 mage with Cold Weather Flying. Yes it aggroes everything, but do I care? Really? Probably not.
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)

Originally Posted by ShamanWiz
    just because you do not see the mount does not mean it is not a mount.

---------- Post added 2010-09-21 at 05:04 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Grimora88
    Because they went out of their way (Blizzard) to make a new version of Plainsrunning for Worgen?

Perhaps it would just be neat to see this again like in Vanilla? Although we had control over pets on mounts in Vanilla.
    it is a MOUNT. a mount with a special graphic. that is all. it's not a sprint, it's not a quickness potion, it's not the battleground power-up. it is a mount in every way EXCEPT that you are the mount

and sorry to triple post, but as a beta player i will confirm for any of you that your pet goes bye bye when you use running wild.
    Last edited by Wildstaff; 2010-09-21 at 09:07 PM.

Pets will be dismissed. It was a pain to have a pet out when traveling at 100% speed. The pets constantly got caught on objects and if you jumped over something your pet would attempt to go around it. You either had to wait for them or you had to move out of range from them, dismissing them yourself. Warlocks had to re-summon their pets when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    Originally Posted by ShamanWiz
    just because you do not see the mount does not mean it is not a mount.

Originally Posted by Grimora88

it is a MOUNT. a mount with a special graphic. that is all. it's not a sprint, it's not a quickness potion, it's not the battleground power-up. it is a mount in every way EXCEPT that you are the mount

and sorry to triple post, but as a beta player i will confirm for any of you that your pet goes bye bye when you use running wild.
    Sweet thanks for the news, just curious if it wasnt or not few people are making it seem like im trying to complain or something.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Uhh, idk i guess they will go away like any other mount
    Gnome Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    The water ele looks cool until you have to play with it. It still aggros stuff when youre mounted (even when you are flying) and if you fly too high, it despawns and starts its CD until you can resummon it. It was a half-assed implementation at best.
    Blizz needs to fix that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it acts like a mount in every other way I would assume pets would disappear too.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Currently on the beta Running Wild behaves similar to other mounts and it despawns combat pets when used, though companion pets still hang around. Not sure about Water Elementals though, I don't play a Mage and I don't feel like using up one my character copies on a premade one.

Actually it would be pretty annoying to keep pets out while moving at 100% speed. I don't need the extra aggro when I am traveling.