Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next Stage of 4.0 download

It's coming. It's coming.
    It's also not George Washington.

EDIT: to clarify, I do know that we got a Stage 2 download last week - this seems to be a second part of that stage 2 download. I've already got a 2.5 GB stage 2 file in my Update folder, this is a brand NEW chunk of Stage 2 files.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-09-23 at 07:04 AM.

Stage 2 was last week. No?

Quote Originally Posted by ndnt0xic View Post
    Stage 2 was last week. No?
    Last week was a little 10 mb launcher update. I've already downloaded the very first 1.4 gb one, and the 2. ..whatever GB one after that, plus the 10 mb launcher update, so this must be brand new. I only logged in and out a few minutes before the launcher told me the next update was available for download, so unless I was massively delayed for some reason (don't think I was), this should be new.

yeah. was some days ago.

I downloaded the same one last week. Not sure =P

If I'm mistaken, I apologize, but like I said, I've already downloaded the first batch of stages, plus the 10mb thing, so would find it weird that I somehow missed this, unless it's -re-downloading it for some weird reason.

I've already downloaded that last week.
    Although Battle.net is down and I can't redownload the PTR atm, it said something about login files being broken and telling me to reinstall.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Deleted
    Hmmm it was 4,45gb on EU realms Oo?

Got my hopes up But yes, this was the patch that I dled after the 10mb launcher patch.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    I've already downloaded that last week.
    Although Battle.net is down and I can't redownload the PTR atm, it said something about login files being broken and telling me to reinstall.
    I figured out what it was. This is all brand new Stage 2 stuff. If you remember, the PTR was 16 GB, with the BULK of that download being Stage 2 content, so this is just moar Stage 2 stuff.

if its the full 16 gigs like the PTR.. we're basically redownloading everything?

it better replace the one we have. i dont wanna use double the space for the same game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    if its the full 16 gigs like the PTR.. we're basically redownloading everything?

it better replace the one we have. i dont wanna use double the space for the same game. :/
    It should automatically replace the current files, but until then, you'll likely have to sit with 32 GB of WoW on your hard drive. >.>

likely will use 32 gigs >.>

Yeah, you could of downloaded it 4 days ago :3 http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...wnload-Stage-2 also shows the second stage as well (note difference between NA and EU)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran View Post
    Yeah, you could of downloaded it 4 days ago :3 http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...wnload-Stage-2 also shows the second stage as well (note difference between NA and EU)
    Stage 2 is going to be more than one download I think. I've actually already got a Stage 2 file sitting in my WoW Update folder, but it's a different size than the one I'm now currently downloading, which is also a different size from the one that Boub has linked there. :P I think it's an update to the update, since I know I downloaded a big file when Boub posted that.

Even though this has been said about eight million times, I'll say it again here as it seems all of you missed it. 4.0.1 is NOT going to be a 15gb patch. You need to remember when you download the PTR you're downloading the ENTIRE GAME. It's a whole new client, and as such needs a whole download. Also, to the OP. Stage 1 and 2 that came out last week were 3.97gb total (4.45 or something for EU). You didn't get anything new, for whatever reason you're just redownloading the 2 stages released last week. The small 10mb update that was applied after those 2 stages was a fix to the background downloader that was preventing a lot of people from downloading those 2 stages. So, sorry to disappoint you, but there's no (currently) new stage or extra stuff released for download.

Stage 2 was last week, but most ppl could not download it, because of x problem with Baground downloader, which the 10 mb patch fix

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Even though this has been said about eight million times, I'll say it again here as it seems all of you missed it. 4.0.1 is NOT going to be a 15gb patch. You need to remember when you download the PTR you're downloading the ENTIRE GAME. It's a whole new client, and as such needs a whole download. Also, to the OP. Stage 1 and 2 that came out last week were 3.97gb total (4.45 or something for EU). You didn't get anything new, for whatever reason you're just redownloading the 2 stages released last week. The small 10mb update that was applied after those 2 stages was a fix to the background downloader that was preventing a lot of people from downloading those 2 stages. So, sorry to disappoint you, but there's no (currently) new stage or extra stuff released for download.
    Aah, ok. Yeah, that's weird then, don't understand why it's making me redownload it, since I'd already successfully downloaded them all. Oh well.

Yeah, I don't know. I got excited when I read this post as I've been anxiously waiting for 4.0.1 to go live. It's been driving me insane. Been opening my launcher religiously every day to see if there's more to download.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just started up WoW through the launcher and got no such update - It's likely you didn't download all 3.97 gigs.

People in general (not picking on you) don't seem to understand how the background downloader works.

Stage 1 was a few weeks ago, it was a 1.57 GB file. Stage 2 was around a week ago, it was a 2.39 GB file. Together, they form the entire pre-patch so far, the 3.97 GB (well with a little rounding error) when looking at the downloader.

You can confirm this by going to your World of Warcraft/Updates folder.