Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lejeuneking View Post
    I still find it weird that Eitrigg is level 20 and involved.. I can't remember what he's done... Time to hit Wowwiki. .
    He was the orc Tirion Fordring gave up his honour to save, and the same Blackrock orc Thrall himself led an attack on Stratholme for, to get him as an advisor. This was Pre Warcraft 3
    Anyone else notice the Pokémon breeding center is on Route 34? Just sayin'.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!" - Hakumen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    And Eitrigg still kinda serves "The highlord".
    So all in all he alienated his advisors and is doing whatever pleases him.

I hope Eitrigg remains in the throne room. He's always been level-headed and intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanch View Post
    He was the orc Tirion Fordring gave up his honour to save, and the same Blackrock orc Thrall himself led an attack on Stratholme for, to get him as an advisor. This was Pre Warcraft 3
    Actually, he gave up his allegiance in order to keep his honor. I guess you meant the same thing, but worded it a bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm glad that Garrosh is starting to get a brain in his skull. Judging from these screenshots, he's matured a LOT (omitting his first comment to Vol'jin) since Nagrand.
    This is true. When we first see Garrosh and Vol'jin in the flashback, they're already at each others' throat. Garrosh yells at Vol'jin to (paraphrasing here) 'don't speak to him that way'. I'd love to see what Vol'jin had said to piss Garrosh off, but unfortunately that happens before the flashback starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    So all in all he alienated his advisors and is doing whatever pleases him.

I hope Eitrigg remains in the throne room. He's always been level-headed and intelligent.

Actually, he gave up his allegiance in order to keep his honor. I guess you meant the same thing, but worded it a bit weird.
    Fun fact is that he is both in Burning steppes and in Orgrimmar throne room. But i believe he still serves the horde, but he also serves the highlord , in some weird way you know .

Fun fact is that he is both in Burning steppes and in Orgrimmar throne room. But i believe he still serves the horde, but he also serves the highlord , in some weird way you know .
    I didn't know he was in the Burning Steppes, but he's definitely also in Zul'Drak. He and Tirion are old buddies.

Deleted
    Yeah, makes sense. Representing the Horde in the Crusade while still keeping true to his roots, that sorta thing.

I still doubt Hellscream will listen to him. It seems he's just doing whatever he wants.

By the way, I found this interesting thingie:

From this day, your strength is no longer your own. It belongs to me, and the Horde, as a weapon of War.

Hellscream's eyes are upon you, <name>. Victory or death!
    Sauce: http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Walk_With_The_Earth_Mother

He's really really scaring me...

Sauce: http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Walk_With_The_Earth_Mother

He's really really scaring me...
    Done the quest Baine tells you that the taurens are to guide the horde into the "Right path."
    While The trolls are basically "We maybe don't like Garrosh that much but we must stay in it until Thrall Comes back.

Deleted
    Done the quest Baine tells you that the taurens are to guide the horde into the "Right path."
    While The trolls are basically "We maybe don't like Garrosh that much but we must stay in it until Thrall Comes back.
    Yeah, I know both those things. Funny how it turns out, the Tauren were an obvious choice, but now the Trolls are keeping up the Horde's honor too. And to think they were once described as savage and barbarous.

We be feelin' loved now mon! :3

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to add more to the fact that Garrosh is a horribly inconcistent character. Here he acts wise and thoughtfull, anywhere else he's a right arsehole and arrogant idiot.

That was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know both those things. Funny how it turns out, the Tauren were an obvious choice, but now the Trolls are keeping up the Horde's honor too. And to think they were once described as savage and barbarous.

We be feelin' loved now mon! :3
    All tribes but the Darkspear are savage and barbarous and hate everyone else. The Darkspear are an exception among their whole race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    All tribes but the Darkspear are savage and barbarous and hate everyone else. The Darkspear are an exception among their whole race.
    I know, but they were still called savage in the old race description. Now they're called honorable.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm glad that Garrosh is starting to get a brain in his skull. Judging from these screenshots, he's matured a LOT (omitting his first comment to Vol'jin) since Nagrand.
    He obviousy shows off and plays a charade, as in everything else he does after this shows his true personality of a violent, warmongering idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to add more to the fact that Garrosh is a horribly inconcistent character. Here he acts wise and thoughtfull, anywhere else he's a right arsehole and arrogant idiot.
    Maybe Blizzard will make him have a multiple personality disorder! It would totally fit Garrosh.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

And the Zandalar and Raventusk, those tribes are pretty decent too.

Anyways, very interesting. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of lore on the PTR soon. Things like Carine's duel, possibly Vol'jin's/Garrosh's "conversation", and Moira's return will likely appear in game.

I'm personally looking forward to being able to see Bane being way more badass then Megatha predicted.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Maybe Blizzard will make him have a multiple personality disorder! It would totally fit Garrosh.
    Varian's already got that because of the whole 'two Varians' story arc.

It would still be better than what we currently have, i.e. no real reasons for the instantainious character changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    "I am honored, Warchief. But I feel umprepared for the life of a rule"

...WUT? Who said that? Seriously not Garrosh! How many times is this dude's personality change gonna before Blizzard decides on one? Will we get some lore background explaining this new one at least?
    Please go look at the threads I've started and find the one titled Garrosh Hellscream, a Personality For Every Expansion? and read it, it will clear it up, unfortunately the thread itself got locked, because people can't behave themselves and not let Garrosh Threads turn into Flame Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    And the Zandalar and Raventusk, those tribes are pretty decent too.

Anyways, very interesting. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of lore on the PTR soon. Things like Carine's duel, possibly Vol'jin's/Garrosh's "conversation", and Moira's return will likely appear in game.

I'm personally looking forward to being able to see Bane being way more badass then Megatha predicted.
    Yeah same here. I want to see more character development with Baine and the rest of the Horde leaders and also Lilian Voss(aside from her badassness in the beginning).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    "I am honored, Warchief. But I feel umprepared for the life of a rule"

...WUT? Who said that? Seriously not Garrosh! How many times is this dude's personality change gonna before Blizzard decides on one? Will we get some lore background explaining this new one at least?
    Was thinking the same thing... the Garrosh they showed during WotLK would've jumped on this opportunity in a second. Blizzard keeps changing his personality to fit their needs and it makes him out to be more and more of a crappy character... But yeah I'm going to say he is just acting that humble to satisfy Thrall for the time being since he knows Thrall will soon be hard to contact and thus he can get away with a lot more...
    Last edited by ScorchHellfire; 2010-09-21 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Pre-BC:

Alright, so first we will look at Garrosh before we ever encounter him, right after the second war when the Alliance Expedition is trying to stop Ner'Zhul From entering other worlds. Garrosh Hellscream was a mere child here, not in charge of anything yet, and suffering from the Red Pox. Kargath Bladefist Enters Garadar and Demands reinforcements to fight off the Alliance Expedition, Greatmother Geyah, the Orc Matron in charge of Garadar, told him no, utterly disgusted at what the Horde had done. It is then that Garrosh asks Kargath about his dad, Grom, and also asks to fight alongside him, at first Kargath ignores him, and then Kargath proceeds to call the Mag'har Weaklings, and not Orcs anymore. This places the idea in Garrosh's Head that he and the rest of the Mag'har are somehow less than other orcs, keep this in mind because we'll adress it later. Later on, Garrosh asks Geyah about Grom and she tells him that Grom was a monster, and that he Damned the Orcish Race.

The Burning Crusade:

Now when we see Garrosh in game for the first time, his depression has gotten worse, and he's now one of the important chiefs among the Mag'har, and we also see that the Mag'har are under attack by the ogres, and also, that Greatmother Geyah has fallen extremely ill. Now we see Garrosh doing nothing about this, and this isn't because he doesn't know what to do, but rather, he's afraid to do it. I say this, because the Garrosh we see in Nagrand is the SAME Garrosh we see in Warsong Hold. Only while in Nagrand, Garrosh isn't doing anything, and although he wants to go send in the mag'har to crush the ogres, he doesn't because he knows it's something Grom would've done, and therefore makes it the wrong thing to do. This is why he hasn't done anything, because he always notices the similarities between his actions and Grom's actions, and that makes it wrong, atleast in his eyes. On top of all of that His depression has gotten worse because he knows Greatmother Geyah is close to death and he realizes that once she's gone he will have to lead his people, and he feels unfit for the job because he's terrified of messing up and hurting his people, like his father did. Fortunately, when to Garrosh, all seems lost, Thrall arrives and after his conversation with Greatmother Geyah, he speaks to Garrosh and tells him that his father was a hero and saved the orcish race. Unfortunately he makes one mistake there, he completely glossed over all of Grom's faults and didn't tell Garrosh things like, how Grom Battled the blood curse, and how Grom didn't give in to his bloodlust but rather, controlled it and honed it into a weapon. so we now see Garrosh Embrace being a Hellscream and also embrace the Bloodlust he feels.

Wrath Of The Lich King:

Fast forward to Warsong Hold, All of Garrosh's actions right now, have shown him to be impulsive, hotheaded, and reckless, and right now this is true, for two reason. The first is that he is letting his bloodlust and rage control him, instead of Controlling it, like Grom did, and also because he's trying to live up to the expectations of the Horde, to be a true orc (Remember what Kargath said about the Mag'har) because so far he's heard tales of war and glory about the horde, so he's just trying to follow what he believes the Horde to be. Unfortunately, Thrall made another mistake, he made him commander of the Warsong expedition, when so far, Garrosh doesn't have any experience at leading ANYTHING. So we see Garrosh put in this position, and he pretty much has to learn on the job. Now the reason we don't see him learning faster than he does, is because his brutal tactics have either worked or Saurfang cleaned up the mess, fortunately Garrosh does learn how to lead armies at the end of the campaign against the Lich King. Now let's go to his Dialogue with Saurfang, Basically you have Saurfang, who knows the, what he feels to be atrocities, that the Old Horde Commited, and Garrosh who has heard about the Horde being this bloodthirsty, vicious, yet honorable War Machine. So we see these two conflicting ideas, the one held by Thrall and some of the older veterans, and the one held by Garrosh and some of the Younger orcs of the Horde. This dialogue leads players to view Garrosh as a Bloodthirsty, Child Murdering, Lunatic, And while nothing comes out of the dialogue at the beginning, most likely because Garrosh sees Saurfang as an old fool, he ponders his conversation with the venerable orc, throughout Northrend, and it is at the Very end, that we see these wise words sink in. So in Icecrown Citadel, once Garrosh recognizes the wisdom Saurfang has to offer, takes these words to heart: "Honor, no matter how dire the battle, NEVER forsake it."

Cataclysm:

This is where we see Garrosh when he has not only matured, but actually learned about the horde while in Northrend, instead of assuming that it was some vicious war machine. And although Garrosh is still unwilling to think about peace with the alliance (Who since the return of Wrynn, interestingly enough the ONLY alliance Garrosh has ever seen, have proven to be nothing but a threat to the Horde) yet honorable and competant enough, for Thrall to choose him to be Warchief. Thrall does this because he has seen that Garrosh has Grown alot since they first met, and that he is the Orc his people want, yet honorable enough to lead with wisdom
    There, since many of you wouldn't have taken a look at the thread, this is why Garrosh's personality Changes.