Vid Card temps and a few other concerns!

Ok, so I finally got a new vid card (Nvidia GTX 460) and so far it's amazing. However, after doing all the reading on here that I do I remember someone listing the temps that your vid card should run at. I went and grabbed GPU-Z and it's telling me that my vid card is running at ~40 degrees Celsius. What I want to know, is whether that is good or not. Too hot or anything like that.

I also have a few more question concerning the GPU-Z because this is my first time grabbing it and actually looking at it.

On the sensors tab:
    1.) When I am running WoW, my fan speed stays at roughly 40% (roughly 1650 RPM). Is this normal? If not should I boost my fan speed. If I should, how would I go about doing so?
    2.) The "Video Engine Load" is ALWAYS at 0%....this kinda concerns me, though admittedly I don't know why cause I have no idea what this is. So, is this good or bad?

If there is more info you need outside of what I have given let me know. Just thought this would be one of the better places to ask since this is where I even learned about GPU-Z existing.

I also have CPU-Z and don't understand it but if I were to post a screenshot would someone be able to tell me what MIGHT possibly be the bottleneck of my system? Just trying to figure out the order of which to go about upgrading a few more things on my system. Though, I plan on replacing the MoBo, Processor, Memory all at the same time so this might not matter.

Thanks for the help guys and much appreciated for your time.
    Last edited by Adelycia; 2010-09-21 at 09:53 PM.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

So... you're posting a question about your graphic card without mentioning what is it ?
    Without knowing it's model, I would say 40 degrees on idle is normal.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-21 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    So... you're posting a question about your graphic card without mentioning what is it ?
    Without knowing it's model, I would say 40 degrees on idle is normal.
    argh very sorry. It's an Nvidia GTX 460. And it's 40 degrees and sometimes around 41-42 degrees while playing WoW. On idle it's about 31-35 degrees Celsius.
    Last edited by Adelycia; 2010-09-21 at 09:55 PM.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    On idle it's about 31-35 degrees Celsius.
    Then the temperatures are perfectly normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your temps are fine. If it gets over 80 while at full load playing a game, then start to worry.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...i,2684-13.html

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Those temps are awesome dude. My 5850 runs at about 30-35C with WoW (Ultra).

If for some odd reason, you start getting 55-60C+ temps, I'd start to worry. But your 30C off :P Better get moving :P

Quote Originally Posted by SiNz View Post
    Those temps are awesome dude. My 5850 runs at about 30-35C with WoW (Ultra).

If for some odd reason, you start getting 55-60C+ temps, I'd start to worry. But your 30C off :P Better get moving :P
    GTX460 is designed to run at about 60-70C on full load, when you go over 80C you need to start worrying.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thank you guys for the replies! Like I said, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't overheating or anything. I was raiding last night for a few hours before I thought about checking it and it maxed out at around 49C so far. Like I said, that was after doing over half of ICC before I checked it. Very helpful info and very much appreciated.

Now for my second question. The video engine load.....what is it and is it supposed to be at 0%....

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    Now for my second question. The video engine load.....what is it and is it supposed to be at 0%....
    It probably should say something about the GPU load but fails at it. Because the various temperature and load reading programs such as then one you're using need hardware support, it's possible the program is just bugged. MSI Afterburner is supposedly one of the better and more reliable programs to monitor status of Nvidia graphics cards, as well as overclocking those. Some of the OC tweaks in it works only for MSI's own Nvidia cards, but for the most part it works fine regardless of manufacturer.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It probably should say something about the GPU load but fails at it. Because the various temperature and load reading programs such as then one you're using need hardware support, it's possible the program is just bugged. MSI Afterburner is supposedly one of the better and more reliable programs to monitor status of Nvidia graphics cards, as well as overclocking those. Some of the OC tweaks in it works only for MSI's own Nvidia cards, but for the most part it works fine regardless of manufacturer.
    Awesome thank you, once again Vesseblah!

Deleted
    Temps on a video card can easly go up to 80c without having to worry.

My two 8800GTS reach about 75C if I run SLI on them, if I don't run SLI, one card will reach about 77 and about 80C. I wish my cards did not get that high, but no signs of it causing any issues.

Oh, and my cards reach that temp when I play Civ 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything below 80 is ok everything above is risky.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog