Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Racials favor Horde even more, not good with RBG coming around

"I posted this in the WoW Cata. forums"

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...330219&sid=1#0

Lets compare Cata Racials in a large scale Rated Battlegrounds setting

Now Balanced: Human
    (A 3 min CD that still shares CD with a pvp trink, so It forces you to pick, a longer CD or a extra trinket) Note: The Old Every Man for Himself has a 2 min CD

Every Man for Himself
    Instant 3 min cooldown (up from 2 mins)
    Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.

vs
    Still Overpowered: Blood Elves

Arcane Torrent
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec and increases your Rage by 15. Non-player victim spellcasting is also interrupted for 3 sec.

Still Overpowered: Tauren

War Stomp
    0.5 sec cast 2 min cooldown
    Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec.

Now Overpowered: Orc
    (WTF Horde Orcs can have a damage trinket on a 2 min CD that does not share a pvp trinket but Human can't. Blizzard please tell me whats the difference, Humans would of just put a damage/healing trinket in that extra slot because of not having to wear a pvp trinket but Orcs can not only use a pvp trinket but they get that damage/healing trinket that humans would of had...Logic anyone)?

Blood Fury Level 85
    Attack speed 2 min cooldown
    Increases melee attack power by 2970 and your spell damage by 1485. Lasts 15 sec.

Really Blizzard why do you give the edge to the horde when It comes to racials.
    In Cata. more then ever before you need balance the racials for the upcoming Rated Battlegrounds, why do you want to overpower the Horde, do you want to have every pvper faction change, do you really want to increase the Horde Q times even more then they are now across all servers?

Blizzard check you logs,data what ever you got to track the faction and I'm 100% sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Horde faction is dominating on more then 90% of all the server across the world when It comes to PvP, but I guess I'm to believe thats because the Horde are just more skilled, sure they are, FOR THE HORDE!!!
    Last edited by warjin; 2010-09-22 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    Blizzard check you logs,data what ever you got to track the faction and I'm 100% sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Horde faction is dominating on more then 90% of all the server across the world when It comes to PvP, but I guess I'm to believe thats because the Horde are just more skilled, sure they are, FOR THE HORDE!!!
    Maybe you should apply for a position at Blizzard, it really sounds like you would be a great asset with regard to balancing the game.

They aren't finished with racials, and they also posted in the Blues that they are looking for suggestions/balance ideas.... ... ... in the ... (wait for it)....

Suggestion Forums for Cata.

Crazy eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly think that racials really make that much of a differance in pvp? so the fact that the horde are dominating pvp on 90% of ALL servers (and those are your numbers) is purely because of the racials? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

As a Human, you can have 2 DPS trinkets and still have racial pvp trinket build in, while orcs can only have 1 DPS trinket. Anyway, from your post I can only see a biased whine (calling 2 second stun "Still Overpowered" but free PvP trinket "Balanced", really man)...

10+ Year Old Account
    83.9% of all PvPers make up 76% of thier percentages on the spot! It's true trust me, I am a doctor!

Well, at least you don't those crappy forsakens whose only signifiant racials in PVM are "I'm cool I'm dead look at me" and "Hey, I'm evil METAL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" with no CDs...

People seem to abuse those abilities a lot.

Like every QQ/Complain/Nerdrage on this forum, Beta is Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I lol'd

human vs all!! surely not UD! and don t look at NE, draenei, worgens, gnomes, dwarfes xD
    Hehe, ye.. at least mention Nelf Shadowmeld, Dwarfs Stoneblood and obviously.. Escape Artist of the Gnomes.

Deleted
    i've got no problem with horde racials, myself as a Nelf, am pretty happy with my Shadowmeld for stopping hard bursts

Now Balanced: Human
    (A 3 min CD that still shares CD with a pvp trink, so It forces you to pick, a longer cCD or a extra trinket)

Every Man for Himself
    Instant 3 min cooldown
    Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.
    Human racials confirmed for useless in PvP.

First, like others have said, Racials are not finished. Beta is Beta after all. Also, you are comparing the racial of just one Alliance class, as if Humans must be equal to or greater then all other classes in terms of Racials when they have been considered to be the most OP since for the last 5 years. Wow, your class may not the "best" any more. Plus, the racials you are comparing them to are in no wow "OP". Wow, Taurens and Belfs get an interupt, cause it's such a huge advantage. Neither of them is a silence, just a short stun. While your Racial allows you to get out of such stuns....hmmm that sounds like some balance to me. Horde have some stun racials while Alliance has some racial that allow them to get out of a Stun.

The new Orc racial simply seems to be updated where the other ones you listed are not. It's long, long, long over due too. The 300AP or what ever it is on live is nothing compared to the stats we have right now. My Hunter has about 7800AP or so buffed, a 300AP on use buff is nothing. While your Racial is even more useful in life saving situations like the fear on BQ. Yours is also more useful the then the Undead version which only works against charms and fears, you racial works on slows and stuns too.

Oh, Beta is Beta incase you missed it the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    Well, at least you don't those crappy forsakens whose only signifiant racials in PVM are "I'm cool I'm dead look at me" and "Hey, I'm evil METAL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" with no CDs...

People seem to abuse those abilities a lot.
    Lol, best part about Forsaken:

"Haha! You feared me and I have WotF so there!"

"You feared me again, and I am stunned, and I am getting owned! Good thing I have cannabalism to... ummm... feast on my dead body when I come back?!?!?!"

Honestly... Gnomes: Escape Artist. What's harder to hold onto: A raggedy bag of bones or a chubby little squirt with stumpy legs?

And if I HAD to debate on this with the OP... I would say.. nothing wrong with humans. People know they are a boring race so mostly they will leave you alone to ponder your plight while they engage in warfare with other races. ;p
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.

Guys did you miss that Every Man for Himself in Cata will have a 3 min cool down up from 2 min, 2 mins is what all 70/80 pvp trinkets are now, unless they are plaining on Upping the cool down on level 85 pvp trinkets to match the Nerfed Every Man for Himself.

And yes Racials play a big part when the racials can crowd control you, in small scale pvp not so much but having 4 of you team mates get stuned but 1 Cow or having my healers in a tight spot get Aoe silenced in the Wsg tunnel is overpowered when theres rating at risk, OP racials like that will only force pvp minded players to faction change, now unless horde like waiting 2 hours for a RBG then keep your Stuns and Silences

Deleted
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.

No, dude.

Just...no.

+3000AP every 2mins for orcs!!!!

i'm gonna shred the alliance to pieces with my 1 handed axes/swords!
    and knock the crap out of them with 1handed hammers

I AM HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post

What this guy said.

In regards to humans; Human racials were so incredibly overpowered from Vanilla till today, and now that they are finally somewhat nerfed, people go OHMYGODGAMEBROKEN.

Please.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

anyone saying that the racials doesn't matter at all can go troll somewhere else, War Stomp can save the person using it if used correctly, it can also kill someone by timing it perfectly, same with the belf racial. CC is a huge advantage, and the stun/silence is considered CC. Let's imagine a tauren druid, he can use War Stomp and Cyclone you without you being able to do anything.

Once again, do not even try telling anyone that the horde racials aren't OP compared to even the human racial.
    Last edited by Desirie; 2010-09-22 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Misspelt a single word that changed the entire meaning of my sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post

LMAO wtf?!?!? I'm not sure what you're referencing but THIS^ is the funniest post I have seen in quite a while!

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as racial abilities go horde have always had the offensive ones & alliance have always had the defensive ones, That in its self is not balanced.

They really should just give each side a few defensive racial abilities & a few offensive racial abilities. It would help to balance out pvp & pve progression greatly as each side would be better balanced for offensive & defensive gameplay.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.