Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I personally think he has one valid point:

It's sad, that we have to spend enough points in one tree to unlock the others... I always loved trying out some weird specs..

I don't care about his other points ^^

all specs will be clones of each other...

Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    all specs will be clones of each other...
    They already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I think if warriors are rage starved, they should play L4D2, lots of rage there.

Anyway, to debunk: It is beta, but constructive QQ helps.

Furthermore: Homogenization is good in that there are only 3 roles, if people cannot perform those roles then classes get under evaluated, under appreciated - under used. People like to be different, but this should be done by core qualities rather than roles.

Homogenising roles = bad. When DPS can also tank - this is bad. When healers can DPS - this is bad. But when an Ele shammy brings the same buff as a Warlock? This is good. This is GOOD homogenization. The playstyles are still different. Spell effects are different, do shamans have pets? targetable aoe cc? a spell that avoids resistances and shields? Although they both have spells that respond to a debuff/dot on a target it is limited to just that - and that mechanic is not something that is unique to them. They are entirely different classes.

You talk of homogenisation like each class should have unique abilities throughout. But ultimately there is a limiting variability in them, if you just look at the small and simple way they differentiate then you get a game that is fun to play, as close to balanced as possible yet still able to be rock paper scissors.
    Except as it is right now in patch 3.3, classes are NOT homogenized and literally every spec has hefty representation everywhere. A couple of specs need to come up to compete but only maybe like 2 or 3 out of 30 total specs aren't competetive in pvp and a different 2 or 3 in pve. That's freaking amazing balance.

People need to REALLY stop saying its beta. As it is, these mechanics seem to be what Blizzard is planning to go live with for cataclysm. In its current state, half of the specs will be broken to retardedness and the other half will be completely imbalanced to compared to the others that work. New mana management mechanics, supposed-and-obviously-not-true haste nerf not going through, larger class arsenals that have very little unique compared to the previous expansion, almost NONE of the things promised going through (see dps specs that can tank regular and some heroic dungeons).

As far as I'm seeing playing on the beta, they're only breaking what doesn't need any fixing in the name of progression.

If you have a good formula, work with it, don't add stuff that no one wants or needed. Our overall arsenals are going WAAAAY over the top. The amount of abilities that just a warrior has to keep track of in a competetive arena or battleground match is ridiculous let alone hunters and some other classes. Simplification is nice. TBC had this perfectly right, WotLK added some thing required for specific niches that were missing some things; Cataclysm is adding things that are useless and/or will only cause balance problems in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Bladestorm hit like a wet noodle and ele shamans are wtfpwnz everything?

This is going to be fun

Deleted
    Swifty is awesome sauce...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    cos he didnt level 1-85 he did 80-85..so clearly he doesnt know what strike is for?
    Pretty freaking obvious...

Swifty is awesome
    He doesnt realize that strike is a leveling ability
    He demonstrates "OP shaman burst" by dueling one with 9 lightning shield charges (fulmination crits you for 25k olol)
    he made series of videos roflstomping low levels in green questing gear while he had account gear and raid epics

Anybody who takes this tool serious should get his brain checked
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    It´s like giving a 1st grader a polynome division exercise and he shouts "lol math is badz nerf it"
    lmao.. pure win. You have +1 internets, please pass Go to collect your cookies.

says video is private now =(

ITS BETA!

EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYTHING IS FINAL IN THE BETA!

Seriously guys enough with this QQ, a lot of things are broken right now, its just the way it is. Moaning about it and watching Swifty moan about it wont help anything. Vanish is still hugely broken right now, as in pets ignore it like it doesn't even happen, you don't see me out moaning about it just yet because guess what, its still in the beta.

What I'm trying to say is that when viewing cataclysm material you need to remember three things.
    1. Nothing is final yet.
    2. Blizzard has a lot of work to do before cataclysm launch.
    3. Your complaining wont get it done any faster, especially on a unofficial WoW forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Swifty is awesome
    He doesnt realize that strike is a leveling ability
    He demonstrates "OP shaman burst" by dueling one with 9 lightning shield charges (fulmination crits you for 25k olol)
    he made series of videos roflstomping low levels in green questing gear while he had account gear and raid epics

Anybody who takes this tool serious should get his brain checked
    Haters gonna Hate!

This video is private.

nice job OP. I'm sure im missing out on something completely retarded though, so oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this.