Deleted

Dungeon Heroics in later Cataclysm?

Currently Wrath of the Lich King new players/alts can grind heroic instances to their hearts content and skip Tier 7, 8 and with enough time can also skip Tier 9. It never made sense how simple it was to grind these and achieve you better gear.

How are Blizzard going to make Justice Points work in later Cataclysm Content?

(Since Blizzard seem to want to throw new players into end-game raiding, I suggest they control it more)
    I personally hope that:
    -the Justice Points earned from lvl85 Heroic Instances remains at a constant.
    -the Justice Points earned from Raiding Instances is different depending on the item level of the loot inside.
    -the Justice Points cap is increased in stages as later raiding content becomes available.

Example:
    lvl85 Heroics give 10 Justice Points per boss. ~1000 J.P's for Heroic Instance level gear.
    First Stage of Cata Raiding gives 20 J.P's per boss. ~2000 J.P's per item at this level.
    Second Stage of Cata Raiding gives 30 J.P's per boss. ~3000 J.P's per item at this level.
    etc etc etc.

So, higher item level gear is achievable from farming Heroic Instances however it should take longer than those completing the appropriate content.
    Last edited by mmoc20a6a172c5; 2010-09-22 at 11:04 AM.

The way I understand it Justice Points are obtained from heroics and last-tier Raids and Valor Points from current-tier Raids; you buy current-tier Items with Valor Points and last-tier with Justice Points.
    When a new Tier gets released Valor Points get turned into Justice Points.
    Basically this means that Justice Points aren't really important. (fe. currently you could only grind T9 Gear through heroics, for T10 you'd have to do ICC).
    Last edited by Milamber; 2010-09-22 at 11:56 AM.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    The way I understand it Justice Points are obtained from heroics and last-tier Raids and Valor Points from current-tier Raids.
    This sounds exactly like what we have currently, without all the mess of having loads of different types of emblems.

Thats a shame because I hate the fact that in a year or two people will miss out (or skip) all the early Cataclysm raiding content.
    I miss the times where gear used to be earned by player =(

10+ Year Old Account
    It's similar to what we have now, but you'll NEVER be able to get current level set/offset stuff without raiding. Basically imagine if on live right now, the system was exactly the same, BUT you could not get frost emblems outside of ICC, that's sorta what the Justice/Valor point system in Cata will be like, afaik. So basically you will be able to grind heroics/earlier raids to get Justice points, which will allow you to get decent, but not current gear, which gets you roughly ready for the current tier raids, you then start doing them, and in addition to the drops you get, you'll also get access to Valor points, with which you can buy the top shelf nomnom goodies.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I wouldn't be surprised if they add a small amount of valor points by completing the 1st random heroic each day much like you can get 2 frost emblems on live.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they add a small amount of valor points by completing the 1st random heroic each day much like you can get 2 frost emblems on live.
    I agree with this statement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Unfortunately this will likely be the case. In effect the exact same thing as Live, just with different names.

People will be able to get top tier raid gear from just doing the easiest lvl85 content on a daily basis. No wonder we have problems like the GS issue and Underachiever..... players have no patience anymore and its harder to sort the finite number of good end-game players from the rest.