Cool System Requirements for Cata

Hi all

Does anyone know if the system requirements for Cata have been released yet, as I need to know if they are vastly different to WotLK.

I run WoW from a laptop which doesn't have the best graphics and just need to know if I should get Cata when it's released or wait 6 months to get a new 'puter.

Hope you guys can help

Based on current beta, Cataclysm will run slightly slower than WLK on old computers, maybe 5-10% difference.

And no, there is no official info of any kind.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Based on current beta, Cataclysm will run slightly slower than WLK on old computers, maybe 5-10% difference.

And no, there is no official info of any kind.
    did you take into account the Beta Glitch checking files that use alot of resources?

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit View Post
    did you take into account the Beta Glitch checking files that use alot of resources?
    A what?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I can't see any big difference in zones like Deepholme, but I have a huge fps loss in Uldum for example. But Deepholme looks better than Uldum, so it might be an optimization issue.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-09-22 at 05:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    A what?
    I think he meant the framerate loss from the debug code being enabled.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.