Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Yup, there was one in Vanilla, but they changed the language system to make it impossible.

Here's how it currently works:

Basically, the languages just pick random phrases now, so it isn't possible to make an addon, because "kek" means lol, wow, hai, and tons of different words. It'd be pure guesswork.
    Thanks for you post and explanation rather than just telling me how you feel about talking with the other faction. and that explains perfectly why its not possible and answers my questions fully.

also i was unaware that speaking to one another was against the rules of engagement in modern warfare as seems to be indicated above.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2010-09-22 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    yepp, it's possible to chat to an alliance char while playing horde. You can even kill him in wintergrasp and make jokes of him 10 sec later :P

But an addon which translates everything is forbidden.

(kek means lol btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomuss View Post
    If both factions could talk to each other it wouldn't feel much like a war.
    You think a language barrier is a key point of a war?

there was but blizzard broke it and the people that used it got banned
    404's retarded cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterend09 View Post
    I jizzed in my pants over 9000 times
    ^^^taken way out of context for teh lulz^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    RealID and vent chat aren't the same. You allow that person to speak to you through other means. Otherwise, there's much potential for harassment.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Deleted
    As dcemuser said, there isn't any way to translate the language because words are randomly picked to represent orcish words of the same number of letters (there are loads of different words for the same orcish/whatever language -- kek doesn't only mean lol).
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2010-09-22 at 04:18 PM.

I believe certain sayings always meant a certain combination of letters, but that was changed now.

As for the other conversation going in, I think it's just sad blizzard couldn't implement something like this, because of all the immature kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bublbadaboom View Post
    Or you just add ur ally friends on real ID?
    ^^^^

Thank you Kenz for this amazing signature!