Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have worn plate gear whenever possible because I get irritated when I have to wear anything that isn't plate. Most of my gear is 264 level so I'll be keeping it for a couple of levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sviptyr View Post
    I have worn plate gear whenever possible because I get irritated when I have to wear anything that isn't plate. Most of my gear is 264 level so I'll be keeping it for a couple of levels.
    How can so many of you be wearing mostly (or worse, all) Plate? HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING?

On Topic:
    Who gives a crap about 5% Int while leveling? The only thing you're going to be wearing your Holy set for is the occasional Dungeon. If 5% Int makes or breaks your Dungeon experience on a regular basis, something is wrong.

Honestly, I would not be surprised to see Pallies continue to wear Cloth and Mail as they create BiS Raid Gear Lists. It will be pretty simple math to see if 5% Int > the benefit of perfectly itemized gear. Given Blizzard's track record with giving us few perfectly itemized plate options, I would not at all be surprised if we get to the point where wearing Cloth and Mail is more beneficial.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-09-23 at 05:07 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Not really, no... the plate-only bonus doesn't really seem all that ''omg wow'' to me compared to other stats that I might lose.

Well, isn't the value of our current haste going to be almost halved by the time any of our gear starts to matter? By then I think there will be more to worry about than 5% int.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, you have to keep the following things in mind:

You cannot spam Holy Light all day, so haste won't will be valued less.
    Your spells will heal less, so spellpower and crit are getting better. 5% intellect gives both.
    I guess that before cata we will have a big use of the bonus, so it might be better than a bit haste.
    (I know I'm collecting the gear!)
    I honestly don't see Haste devaluing in Cata. There are really only two core stats on any piece of healing gear - Throughput and Mana Resources. Everything boils down to one of those two things. I just don't see Haste falling off it's pillar as King Throughput stat. It will always be better to have smaller heals land quicker than to have larger heals that land slower.

Given what I've been lead to believe about the nature of healing in Cata, this seems even more true. Where before we chained HLs regardless of incoming damage, in Cata it would seem that we are expected to see damage come in and then apply the proper heal afterwards. That said, the speed with which you can react and get that proper heal to land seems to me to be more important than it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    sodding clothadins, never trusted them, i like my pally in a tin can when healing. I've never had a problem and I have much higher mitigation and therefore survivability.
    This is absurd. Mitigation against what? You do a lot of Tanking as a Holy Pally in your raids? I seriously do not understand how people can think like this. Armor Value does nothing for any non-Tank PvE player.

Do you ever hear any Mages going, "God damn, I totally would have better DPS if I had Plate instead of this weak Cloth"? Or Priests telling you they would own the Healing meters if they just had some higher Armor Values?

So if they don't want Plate, why would we?
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-09-24 at 12:59 AM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    assuming you no what a stopcast macro is you dont have to react to heals you just have to cancel cast when the damage doesnt come in. which means pre healing spamming will still be around, just if you dont stop cast when its needed you will run Oom,

As far as stats go, Int will be are best stat, spellpower + crit + mana pool = bigger healers, more crits, bigger mastery shields and longer lasting mana.

Haste will devalue, Crit and then either spirit or mastery i think will be the way to go. depending on whether stacking lots of mastery is vaguely useful for the shields. or whether spirit on gear is realy needed.

As far as gemming goes, Int Int and more Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    assuming you no what a stopcast macro is you dont have to react to heals you just have to cancel cast when the damage doesnt come in. which means pre healing spamming will still be around, just if you dont stop cast when its needed you will run Oom,

As far as stats go, Int will be are best stat, spellpower + crit + mana pool = bigger healers, more crits, bigger mastery shields and longer lasting mana.

Haste will devalue, Crit and then either spirit or mastery i think will be the way to go. depending on whether stacking lots of mastery is vaguely useful for the shields. or whether spirit on gear is realy needed.

As far as gemming goes, Int Int and more Int.
    I heard you like int :<

1) We will probably have about a month between 4.0.1 and Cataclysm proper, where we'll still be doing level 80 content with the new stats/mechanics.

2) Anyone who talks about "5% intellect means nothing" has to be someone who doesn't care about any stats. I mean, there are people who tell you that if you go for the crafted plate pants instead of the crafted cloth ones, you are a complete fool... the difference between those two items is 16 haste/crit. To claim on the one hand that 5% intellect is not worth bothering with, but that on the other hand to take 16 crit instead of 16 haste makes you incompetent, is completely inconsistent. Either small stat variations are important, or they're not.

3) I fully expect that if Paladins (or anyone) continues to wear armor other than their primary armor type, Blizzard will adjust the benefits of doing so until it begins to happen with regularity. They wouldn't be introducing this system if they didn't want people to stick to their own armor type as much as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killzorz View Post
    I heard you like int :<
    Its spellpower in mana form

I'll be keeping my mish mash of plate, mail and cloth (until cataclysm). On the beta I've got to level 83 and have a bag full of green spellpower plate and 2 ilevel 272 spell shields (take that Marrowgar/Sindragosa - buggars never drop the shield). Some of the items are better than what I have, some are a little worse due to lack of sockets etc. but in order to survive the damage coming your way, you will need to swap to the greens sooner or later(my paladin currently has 50K health, mobs hit like trucks). My Ret set (offspec) isn't as good as my Holy, I think all I have left to change is my libram. I have a relic from a quest but can't bring myself to swap my libram out.

Keep in mind that collecting some Plate pieces is a good idea anyway since even if the stats on them are not ideal, you should just be able to reforge them to suit what you need.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Okay, so where are your numbers and calculations?
    Ooooooh, you're just making things up, are you?
    it's by far the best stat for disc priests on the PTR right now at least. 52k unbuffed mana is uh .. sick? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh

There are plenty of ways to share your anger in calm ways that don't include "FUCK YOU SHITCRAWLER," so lets try to keep it civil.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    2) Anyone who talks about "5% intellect means nothing" has to be someone who doesn't care about any stats. I mean, there are people who tell you that if you go for the crafted plate pants instead of the crafted cloth ones, you are a complete fool... the difference between those two items is 16 haste/crit. To claim on the one hand that 5% intellect is not worth bothering with, but that on the other hand to take 16 crit instead of 16 haste makes you incompetent, is completely inconsistent. Either small stat variations are important, or they're not.
    I don't think anyone was suggesting that 5% means nothing, like literally. I think the point was that it might not be worth it when you take into account the stats you are losing in the process of getting that 5%. Example... is it worth taking a loss of 100 haste to throw on the crit plate legs for the mastery bonus? Or even to downgrade my 277 mail belt to the 264 plate?

As for reforging.... doesn't that work like you take a primary stat and 50% of it can be reforged as a secondary stat? Example, stamina or intellect into haste? I don't think we can take that 277 lootship belt and change the crit into haste. Or am I totally off on how reforging works?

I will most likely grab a few pieces to play around with once the patch goes live, since my PR is getting reset with wrath anyway. Thank you all for your responses.