Alestorm -Pirate Metal-

go check them out they are amazing! they sound alittle like dragonforce. All they sing about are piratey things!

Deleted
    They sound much better than dragonforce.

Love this band, wouldn't say they're much like Dforce though.

Good songs to try: Keelhauled, Wolves of the Sea, pretty much any of their songs actually.

Hey! Don't compare them to Dragonforce... These guys sound much better than Dforce, at least in my opinion. It's also a different genre.

My favourite Alestorm song is Keelhauled

They are, in all meanings of the phrase, pure win. Period. Keelhaul that filthy landlubber, send him down to the depths below! Make that bastard walk the plank with a bottle of rum and a YO HO HO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent find, I approve. Ranks with Ensiferum.

Capt. Morgans Revenge, Keelhauled, Black Sails at Midnight, AND OF COURSE NO QUARTER! strictly because of the Pirates of the Caribbean score they have in it.

Not bad, not bad.

Makes me want to listen to Amon Amarth though, viking-inspired metal is full of just as much win.

It's unique and entertaining to some extent because of that. But I would not really say I enjoy it as music.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Sorry for the thread hijack >.< but I figured if we're going for themed, I may as well share.

Instrumental isn't too different, though Amon is a bit heavier. This song in particular is about the Varyags of Miklagaard, or mercenaries hired to protect the Byzantine Roman Emperor Basil II due to a distrust in his own kinsmen (where as the Varyags proved to be very loyal).

Vikings, pirates.. whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Vikings, pirates.. whats the difference?
    Swagger.

Amon Amarth has some great songs, but I just can't get into it because of their terrible terrible guitar tone
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Amon Amarth has some great songs, but I just can't get into it because of their terrible terrible guitar tone
    tbh, it took me some time to get into them. I typically like my metal ala Megadeth/Iron Maiden/Overkill ect., but when I need something a little heavier yet, I turn to the viking gods.

10+ Year Old Account

I love this song, the lyrics are pure win.

Comparing them to Dragonforce is a huge insult to Alestorm. Good band.
    Imagine a perfect, cloudless midnight, cold as winter ice and shrouded in shadow. That is Sithis.
    Tarhiel Raniss Garuk Azurra Vaermina Cemetrygates

Did somebody say... Pirate Metal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha its funny someone made a thread about them awhile ago on this forum. That was how I originally found out about them. They are a fun, silly band, but not one I could listen to more than once per sitting.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.