Poll: What do you enjoy the most?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Healing , without good healers raids diffently couldn't happen.
    You can say that with every role... Without good dps = boss won't die
    without good tanks = he'll die / aggro'll go loose

Personally, tank or DPS.

I enjoy them all equally. Here's my viewpoints on each, along with where my enjoyment derives from acting out these roles:

Tanking: By far the role that gets my blood surging the most. Ultimately I think the dependency in raids falls on every individual member, but without a solid tank there really just isn't any hope. I enjoy the consequence of messing up. If I don't time cooldowns around mechanics there's a high chance I will be dying. If I don't have an off tank (or main tank) that I can rely on and trust, it makes encounters more challenging.

DPS: I believe should be divided into two sections, as I am torn between both.
    Ranged DPS: If I had to choose my favorite role, Ranged DPS would be my choice. Not only am I just used to playing casters from previous MMO's, but I just love having distance between the boss and I. The added benefits are 130% threat until I pull, as opposed to 100% that melee have to pay attention to. Along with that, when the boss moves, I don't necessarily have to. Whereas melee usually always has to follow the boss around to do damage.

Melee DPS: I enjoy melee DPS to an extent, but for some reason it frustrates me like none other. First of all, being right in the middle of the action can cause me to lose focus on some things. However, once I get into the swing of things it tends to be alright. I like it, but I prefer to be nuking from the back.

Heals: This is what I primarily do, and have been doing since 2004. I'm a nurse in real life, so healing people in games comes naturally to me. I love triage. I love knowing that if I don't heal this person, they will die. It's a power much like tanking. If healers aren't on top of things it can lead to a failed raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalvern View Post
    Healing hands down.
    i see wut you did theeeeer Mr. Pally

I enjoy healing the most though I am a lifetime DPS.

I heal on all of my alts.

I used to enjoy healing the most, but now definitely enjoying DPS.

Haven't had much fun healing in Wrath, for whatever reason..
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Tanking, because it forces me to be awake and reactive (though some fights like Blood Queen and Fester make me fall asleep).
    I tried DPS, and it's kind of fun, but not as fun as tanking IMO. Also, I found melee dps to be way more fun than ranged, mostly because moving is not such a penalty.
    My initial role in WoW was a priest healer, stopped healing in Vanilla, tried a bit again on my drood, and I don't really enjoy it. I used to love being the one who keeps people alive in vanilla, but tbh tanks do almost the same job, except that we are building a scaffolding and the healers are constantly repairing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

My favorite would have to be healing, you don't need to worry about positioning mobs (which can be a pain in the ass) and you can truly save a wipe by some epic heal timing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleshgrind View Post
    as opposed to 100% that melee have to pay attention to.
    Thought it was 110% for melee to pull? I could be wrong because I usually vanish early and never have to worry about it ever again. But I do enjoy all 3 roles. I started out wow as a priest healer and since tbc start I rerolled horde side rogue and haven't changed my main since. I have rolled alts and have done all 4 aspects (tank, heal, melee and ranged) and they're all fun.

But all in all I prefer to heal because for one, there is no set rotations per se. It's using X heal or ability when you need to. 2nd is melee dps not because that's what I do currently but because usually melee have more to worry about with boss mechanics since they're usually clumped up (i.e. boss aoe ability or something like flamed feet on blood queen that if you mess up on ranged you're only really hurting yourself.) so you have to be more aware not to mention you tend to pay more focus more on what's going around you since you have a good part of your screen being obstructed by the boss.
    Last edited by Jektar; 2010-09-28 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPSing, too bad i have 3 tanking characters and 3 healing characters so im never allowed to use them in a serious raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried all 3 and I have to say I like dpsing the most. Healing was fun when you were undergeared or on a hard fight, other than that its a total snoozefest. Tanking was really fun on fights like yogg-saron//mimiron where there's a lot going on, when it comes to fights like Saurfang or anything that just requires proper use of the taunt button between 2 tanks I can't stand.

Dps however is the best for me because I can constantly push myself harder, there really isn't a limit and I get an eboner when I top charts.