problem with warlocks

I am looking for advices to kill a warlock. I just can't see how to do

Destruction :

seduce -> immolation + fire spell (don't know the exact name) -> shadowfury -> chaos bolt -> fire spell -> deathcoil -> fire spell -> dead !

they don't even need to use the fear

I really don't see any solution. If I trinket and use deterence the guy will just ignore me and use shadowfury right after the end of deterence.
    I tried to use everything I had (FD/ deterence / scatter shot / whyverne sting ... ) but the damage I take vs an average warlock are just too much to have time to dps even under ros. And I have plenty of resilience (1100) ...

I'm not even speaking about affliction. They just dot me and go away. Tbhey don't even pay attention

Does somebody know how to win? :x

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I'd deal with that is trinket -> Silencing Shot -> unload -> deterrence and/or disengage, and run until silencing is back -> open with a Silencing Shot and unload again. Maybe do it all over again with Readiness. That's really all you can do. As you say once they get anything off you're kind of screwed, they have huge front-end.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    upon encountering a warlock in a battleground i first mouseover him to confirm that yes he is indeed a warlock. i will start in on him and if his first spell hits me and its apparent he is not wearing blues, i immediately AFK and get sammich. to be honest it doesnt matter what you do. assuming hunter and lock in equal gear and skill the warlock counters the hunter class VERY hard. so much so that i would say assuming comparable gear and pretty comparable skill (warlock having at least a basic pvp knowledge) you will lose every time. its kind of like when you catch a rogue with no shiny cooldowns left, im sure he makes a sammich as well.

You have to burst him down before he can do anything, one thing I've done is send my pet in, feign death and thus forcing him to target my pet, giving you a second or two with no retaliation.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildian View Post
    You have to burst him down before he can do anything, one thing I've done is send my pet in, feign death and thus forcing him to target my pet, giving you a second or two with no retaliation.
    using your method plus the one listed above if you get PERFECTLY lucky and there is a gear / skill disparity you could possibly burst him down. then the dots kill you anyway. /sammich

If you're marks, you just have to unload as much damage as humanly possible. Use Readiness/Silence/Scatter Shot to lock out his casts, and pop as many offensive CDs as you can.

BM has it a bit easier, but will still likely lose if the lock has any LOS he can abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you just want to kill locks, roll a rogue or a warrior to make it easy.

As a hunter, you have to rely on your burst, silencing shot, disengage and feign, as well as keeping your pet on him. A spider or crab to keep them at ranged helps to. Also, if he is destro, it never hurts to LoS some of his spells if you can. To be honest though, hunters have more tools to help against locks then most classes do against their counters, that doesn't mean it's not an uphill battle though. The good thing is, locks die pretty quick as long as they aren't in top notch pvp gear. Imo, it really only gets difficult once he stomps on your toes though.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

ok so

Not doable in Survival I believe as you are all speaking about silencing shot

/prepare sammich

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    ok so

Not doable in Survival I believe as you are all speaking about silencing shot

/prepare sammich
    Yes, but SV is easily the weakest of all 3 specs for PvP :P