Deleted

[Gold Guide] Legit Grinding

Friend got hacked, this is what farmed worked on, so you got idea.

987 Nexus-Prince Shaffar kills (Mana Tombs).
    Two weeks 5k to 25k gold looted

10+ Year Old Account
    So your telling us to hack someone and grind Mana-Tombs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I oughtta try that!!!

What's this? I don't even

There must be something to those TBC dungeons then because when my friend got hacked, after I think 2 weeks, his armory was showing something along the lines of 800 Talon-king "what's his name" guy in SH. Dunno if there was major money involved because he didn't get any extra when he had the account back but it's curious.

credits: Supernerd

TBC is a great place to make gold if you're bored. In the last few months I've done a bunch of the rep grinds, generally in one sitting since I'm unemployed and have brutal insomnia, and made a ton of gold off greens, blues, and trash drops.

The Mag'Har one was awesome, took about 4.5 hours to farm out, and completely filled my bags with greens. I also mined the mineral nodes that spawned in the cave virtually each time I ran through, and wound up making about 1k on khorium ore, and 500g on adamantium ore.

So after 4.5 hours you got 1.5kgold? And you think that is AWESOME?

No, he got 1.5 from minerals. He did not state how much he made with the greens, or looted from the bodies.

I'm sorry but this is no different than the people who get hacked and find their chars have farmed Black Temple trash like mad.

If you kill a boss over 900 times you will gain some gold through straight vendor trash. Rough estimate that each boss drops around 7g in blues your talking around 6000g right there. Include all the other trash and maybe some auction house love and 20,000g profit for 900+ runs isn't impossible.

I fail to see what is so "legit" about suggesting you hack someones account and start farming a Burning Crusade heroic
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

Quote Originally Posted by Nycrolieben View Post
    I fail to see what is so "legit" about suggesting you hack someones account and start farming a Burning Crusade heroic
    As malformed as the original post is, he's saying that a gold farmer hacked his "friend's" account and farmed Mana Tombs with it, suggesting that if a gold farmer spends their time farming it, there must be a decent source of gold in the activity. Not that you should hack someone.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

I am pretty sure Gold Farmers just farm there because it means there is no chance of getting caught by players running in to them, since it's inside their own instance.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I am pretty sure Gold Farmers just farm there because it means there is no chance of getting caught by players running in to them, since it's inside their own instance.
    This.
    Last edited by danoob77; 2010-09-23 at 04:43 AM. Reason: bad reading

Quote Originally Posted by yourface View Post
    Friend got hacked, this is what farmed worked on, so you got idea.

987 Nexus-Prince Shaffar kills (Mana Tombs).
    Two weeks 5k to 25k gold looted
    Remember that you can only enter 5 instances per hour.

So that 987 kills is roughly 200 hours (197.4, but meh) worth of work. That works out to over 8 days of straight play doing absolutely nothing else.

20k for 8 straight days of non-stop play isn't actually very good.

Plus chances are good they used a teleport hack to go directly to the end. It would take a normal player longer.

Oh, one other little piece of math to add to this. 20k gold divided by 1000 runs (roughly) = 20 gold per run. Given that a daily awards 10-20g and takes just a couple of minutes, while each of these MT runs takes at least a fifth of an hour (to fit in 5 per hour), dailies = WAYY better gold than this.
    Last edited by Llunai; 2010-09-23 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    Well, I think I'll run a couple of mata tombs when I'm bored now

I highly doubt they have someone doing the labor, there's tons of bots that I'm sure are quite capable of farming instances.

If I kill crocolisks in Sholazar for two weeks 24/7 straight I'd get 20k gold too
    They farm TBC instances because they're easy enough to use a bot, there is no chance of getting caught, and you are safe from other players if you're on a pvp server
    Considering the time invested the return is awful
    You could farm heroics for badges, turn them into conquest badges and get the same amount of money when 4.0 hits for less time invested
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...