Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Cataclysm Prologue Part 3, New Tinkertown, Mobile Armory

Cataclysm Prologue Part 3 - We're under attack!
    The 3rd part of the prologue is available for testings and things are getting very serious, Stormwind and Orgrimmar are attacked by elementals every 1~2 hours! This event is pretty fun and a lot less annoying than the WotLK's zombie invasion, if you do not want to participate in the event you should stay alive without too much problem.

• Guards will try to evacuate citizens, low level players can also use portals to leave the city before the attack.
    • You first have to barricade Stormwind/Orgrimmar to help defending the city.
    • You will then have to defeat the elementals in all the districts of the city, Orgrimmar is damaged badly in the process and most of the buildings are on fire.
    • After succesfully defending the cities, you will get a chance to counter attack by entering the huge portal in capital cities (or using the LFD tool) to fight mini-bosses in 4 different instances.
    • The 4 bosses are Grand Ambassador Flamelash in BRD, Crown Princess Theradras in Maraudon, Kai'ju Gahz'rilla in Zul'Farrak and Prince Sarsarun in AQ20.

Stormwind

Orgrimmar

Twilight Bosses

Twilight Bosses Loot

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    251ShieldMeleeOff HandBarrier of the Earth Princess
    251PlateHealWaistGirdle of Oblation
    251PlateMeleeChestTectonic Plate
    251PlateMeleeChestSalamander Skin
    251PlateMeleeWristTwilight Offering Bands
    251MailPhysical DPSLegsSacrificial Mail
    251LeatherHealFeetFlamewaker's Treads
    251LeatherPhysical DPSChestPulmonary Casing
    251ClothHealChestEarth Bride's Gown
    251ClothPhysical DPSBackCloak of Mocking Winds
    251ClothSpell DPSBackZaetar's Deathshroud
    251ClothSpell DPSFeetSandfury Sandals
    251FingerMeleeFingerOld Gods' Blessing
    251FingerPhysical DPSFingerSulfuron's Favor
    251FingerSpell DPSFingerRing of the Three-Headed Beast
    251NeckHealNeckPendant of Burning Spirits
    251NeckMeleeNeckFlamelash Amulet
    251NeckPhysical DPSNeckAmulet of the Centauri
    251NeckSpell DPSNeckAmulet of Evil Winds

Quests
    More quests are added with this phase, you will probably end up with 6 or 7 different quests in your log as soon as you start talking to NPCs.

Name Objective
    Tablets of the EarthBring the Tablets of Earth to Advisor Belgrum in Ironforge.
    Tablets of FireBring the Tablets of Fire to Earthmender Norsala in Orgrimmar.
    Alert Our LeadersSpeak with Garrosh Hellscream at Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar's Valley of Wisdom.
    Warn King WrynnSpeak with King Varian Wrynn in Stormwind Keep.
    Hammering It OutTake the Mysterious Device to Stormwind, Ironforge, Exodar or Darnassus and show it to an Earthen Ring Representative.
    Hammering It OutTake the Mysterious Device to Orgrimmar, Undercity, Silvermoon City or Thunder Bluff and show it to an Earthen Ring Representative.
    Water They Up To?Slay Kai'ju Gahz'rilla and inform General Marcus Jonathan in Stormwind City.
    Water They Up To?Slay Kai'ju Gahz'rilla and inform Hamuul Runetotem in Thunder Bluff.
    Fired Up and Not So Good To Go.Slay Grand Ambassador Flamelash and inform Commander Cragfist in Ironforge.
    Fired Up and Not So Good To Go.Slay Grand Ambassador Flamelash and inform Blood Guard Kang in Orgrimmar.
    This BlowsSlay Prince Sarsarun and inform General Marcus Jonathan in Stormwind City.
    This BlowsSlay Prince Sarsarun and inform Hamuul Runetotem in Thunder Bluff.
    The Elements Cry OutSpeak with Erunak Stonespeaker in Stormwind.
    The Elements Cry OutSpeak to Earthmender Norsala in Orgrimmar.
    What's Shaking in IronforgeSpeak with Stormcaller Mylra in Ironforge.
    The WildhammerSpeak to Gavan Grayfeather in Stormwind Keep.
    Speak with Captain AntonSpeak with Captain Anton in Stormwind Keep.
    A Gathering in OutlandSpeak with Gavan Grayfeather at the Throne of Elements in Nagrand.
    The Situation So FarSpeak with Gotura Fourwinds in Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar.
    A Gathering in OutlandSpeak with Thrall at the Throne of Elements in Nagrand.
    Show Me Your PapersGo to the front gates of Stormwind, read King Wrynn's Proclamation and search 5 Stormwind Citizens. Keep anything suspicious that you find.
    Arrest the InfiltratorsUse the Heavy Manacles to arrest 5 Cultist Infiltrators and bring them to Warden Thelwater the Stockade. After you've returned with your prisoners, question one of the Detained Cultists in the Stockade.
    Back Under CoverPut on your Recruit's Robe, go to Mirror Lake Orchard and get the Book of Incantations from Overseer Sylandra. Read from the Book of Incantations near the Cultist Altar to practice the ritual.
    I Said the Words...Disrupt the cultist rituals in the Dwarven District, the Park, and the Cathedral District by reading the incorrect words from the Book of Incantations.
    I Said the Words...Disrupt the cultist rituals in the Drag, the Valley of Honor, and near the city's West Gate by reading the incorrect words from the Book of Incantations.
    Back Under CoverPut on your Recruit's Robe, go to the Jaggedswine Farm and get the Book of Incantations from Overseer Jintak. Read from the Book of Incantations near the Cultist Altar to practice the ritual.
    Show Me Your PapersGo to the front gates of Orgrimmar, read the Warchief's Proclamation and search 5 Orgrimmar Citizens. Keep anything suspicious that you find.
    Arrest the InfiltratorsUse the Heavy Manacles to arrest 5 Cultist Infiltrators and bring them to Warden Gartok Ragefist at the Ring of Valor in Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor. After you've returned with your prisoners, question the Detained Cultist.

New Tinkertown and the Fight for Gnomeregan
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    As Gnomeregan's exiles set out to reclaim their beloved capital from the treasonous Mekgineer Thermaplugg, we bring you a first look at how this wondrous techno-city will exist in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Following the conclusion of Operation: Gnomeregan, High Tinker Mekkatorque and his people have gained a foothold just outside the city in New Tinkertown. Soon, though, they'll find that the surface is rife with a host of new perils that they couldn't have prepared for.

Resolute in reclaiming their lost capital, Gnomeregan's exiles have begun an assault against the traitorous Mekgineer Thermaplugg. Traveling from their temporary residence in Ironforge, they are led by the esteemed High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque, leader of the gnomes, and seek to restore Gnomeregan to its past glory. In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, new gnome adventurers will get to experience this ongoing struggle to retake their former home firsthand, beginning their journey in the besieged upper levels of the techno-city.

In the wake of Operation: Gnomeregan, survivors of the fallout will make their way to New Tinkertown, the gnomes' foothold outside their captured city. From there they will be called into action by the high tinker himself to help protect reclaimed gnomish land from new and imminent threats. As one of the newest recruits to this cause, your mettle will be put to the test when you face perilous trials like rescuing captured gnomish demolitionists, destroying a tunnel riddled with vicious troggs, and extinguishing toxic sludge that has begun to rise from the irradiated depths of the city.

Your most important mission, however, will be to thwart the plans of Razlo Crushcog, conspirator and ally of Mekgineer Thermaplugg. Before Chill Breeze Valley can be fully resettled, Crushcog must be stopped, and only your efforts can bring that goal to fruition. Gnomish know-how and engineering will be your allies, but your greatest weapons will be your wits and the will to fight the good fight... for Gnomeregan!

In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, you'll encounter these challenges and more in the gnomes' new starting (levels 1-5) experience. Keep a good head on your shoulders and ingenuity in your pocket, and your contributions will help secure a proper home for your fellow gnomes.

Mobile Armory Update - 3D Model Viewer
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Every character profile on the Mobile Armory now has a 3D model viewer displaying that character as he or she appears in-game, including equipped items and appearance.

• Simply touch and drag the character model to rotate it.
    • Tap the icon on the top right to switch to a full-screen mode. In this mode, you can view a selection of character animations from the menu at the bottom of the screen. Other full-screen options include selecting a background, toggling the character’s helm and tabard display, and taking a screenshot (which saves to your Camera Roll).
    • Tap the icon to the upper left of the character model to switch between viewing the 3D model and displaying character information.

Other additions in this update include:

• A character's in-game activity (including item acquisitions, achievements, and boss kills), is now captured in an activity feed. You can display this feed by using the drop-down menu at the top of a character profile.
    • Professions (both primary and secondary) are now displayed on character profiles and are accessed by the same character profile drop-down menu.
    • At-a-glance item rarities: Item icons now have colored borders indicating their rarity.
    • iPhone OS 4.0 optimizations and enhancements.
    Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was this news named "Test"? :O

Ironforge was attacked also.

Ironforge was also attacked by elementals.

Interesting ... I hope these hit live soon, things are getting old fast. D:

Wow that was quick. They barely even spent any time testing the doomsayer stuff.

Im really sad that I gave up trying to download the PTR now :-( ( It was not even halfway done after 8 hours of downloading ) ..lol and I have a 100mb connection )

Btw it will be really awesome here in a few years when we can actually play games like wow on our cell phones ...man getting so close !
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2010-09-23 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleveneleven View Post
    Wow that was quick. They barely even spent any time testing the doomsayer stuff.
    Most of the Doomsayer stuff already got tested in the 3.3.5 PTR, actually.

What's part 2? (I'm assuming troll/gnomes retaking homelands was part 1)

Phai!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Interesting ... I hope these hit live soon, things are getting old fast. D:
    Indeed
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any achievements connected to this world event? If they have been posted point me in the direction please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzenia View Post
    Phai!
    Marzipan!

are the bosses farmable?

Part 1 were the retakings
    Part 2 is spreading the word of doomsday
    Part 3 is the actual attack
    I believe..
    guessing part 4 will be deathwing or close to him, maybe just landscape stuff

Also, is that loot incomplete ? I'd be rather sad if my reso shaman will still be stuck with a 219 shield, while (a lot of)tankies get an upgrade =(
    The events look realy nice though.
    Last edited by LanceDH; 2010-09-23 at 06:57 AM.

Next stage of the 4.0 download is going live.

Question

Silly question: are those 4 Twilight Bosses repeatable like, say, Coren Direbrew during Brewfest, or is the kill - once per character, phased?

I.e. can I LFG for Ambassador Flamelash, not get my plate chest, then requeue and go kill him again, or does this mechanic work differently?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Orgri gets hit hard. This is still the old city on the screens so I suppose that there will be some rebuilding event which will introduce the new 'Hellscreams Orgrimmar'.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Next stage of the 4.0 download is going live.
    it's been live

Edit: nvm just realize these are for live servers where defense is still needed
    Last edited by davep; 2010-09-23 at 07:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This looks great, can't wait till its on the live servers! Fighting besides our faction leaders is gonna be damn fun.

Also am I seeing people on flying mounts? I can only assume they can't fly on them at the time since it's still the old Vanilla world?