Thread: tier 10

10+ Year Old Account

tier 10

okay, i'm just now getting more and more pieces of tier 10 and gear of equal level (DUDE YOU SUCK, yeye i know) and i notice the huge increace in crit rating and with that a dramatic decreace in my haste rating

doesn't this greatly affect your healing style, since now even my flash heal takes damn long to cast or do i just alter my style of healing and if so, in what way?

greetings

datub (ps: i'm holy)
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory link? Or let us know what set gear you have purchased ...

If you're mainly doing 10man raiding (as I do), you'll find that there is a point where most of our gear (healing T10 and most ICC10 drops and the AV craftables) are heavy on Spirit/Crit and low on Haste. I actually feel fairly Haste-starved atm, and changed up my healing style accordingly and it's worked out fine. I cast alot more Renew than FH now, using SoL procced FHs to keep Serendipity handy for PoH. It's definitely a change in style from when I was in ToCr and Ulduar, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. My throughput is still very reasonable and my mana regen (from the extra Spirit and Holy Conc upkeep from the Crit) is through the roof. Which is very nice considering I spent most of Wrath as a casual raider wondering what people were talking about when they mentioned infinite mana...granted I was carrying a healer at the time, so not able to be as efficient with my casting as I'd have liked to be. I fortunately have an amazing Resto Druid with me now, so progression in general is alot easier.

To fill the gap and to avoid being completely slow (*hides from potential flaming) I use the Meteor Chaser's Rainment and Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers and gem Reckless Ametrine and Intricate Eye of Zul in everything but red sockets. Not sure if this helps at all, but I did want to let you know that you weren't the only one to notice the sudden drop in Haste on available ICC10 and equivalent gear. Sofar the tradeoff is bearable after adjusting, but it did take some getting used to and a bit of work-around.

t10 is not really worth taking unless you have at least the 264 version... The increase to CoH is not THAT great compared to the loss of haste.
    I stuck to 4 piece when I got a higher tier of it -head, shoulders (as there are not better ones anyway...),legs and gloves.
    The legs and gloves are not all that awful since they both have haste.
    The main idea is to stack haste on off-pieces (yes I know it's a bitch - I'm stuck at around 1k haste because the caster dps are hoarding my boots and the damned bracers never drop...) but make sure you have some on your neck/rings/belt (the badge one is great)/weapon (saurfang 10 man / BQL staves) - and last but not least gem for it. Atm you can safely gem for pure haste if you have no mana issues with the 30% bonus in ICC. If you feel your spell power is a bit low gem sp+haste / spi+haste.

P.S you shouldn't be casting FH all that much anyway :P - but low haste is bad for renew spamming... ^^

To add just a bit, 4pT10 is worth it if going from 2pT9 from 232 to any version, but from 245 it's only really worth it to go to 264. When you do choose your pieces, generally you'll go Legs, Helm, Gloves, Shoulders and off-set the chest with the one from Princes (both 10 and 25 have a Haste/Spirit chest). If you're keeping 2pT9, you'll generally hold onto the Shoulders and Gloves.

Also as Dianthe points out, gemming for Haste is the way to go. Sounds like you're still upgrading to 251, so pure Haste may be a bit of a stretch on your mana, but at the very least you should be prioritizing it (ie, SP/Haste, Haste, Haste/Spirit).

And to also reaffirm what Dianthe said, FH should be minimally cast. I very rarely cast it except on Deathwhisper and Valithria, but the former has a lot of random spike damage, and the latter often requires tank healing, so they're atypical. Either way, if you're looking for some more pointed advice about playstyle, gearing, or gemming, either an armory link or, if you don't feel comfortable with that, a profiler (like the one on Wowhead) will help a lot.

I agree that 4pc T10 isn't really worth it unless going for T10.5. I stick to 2pc (gloves and shoulders) and fill in the rest with drops/other badge gear/craftables. As far as FH goes, I know there are many different ways to play HPriest. I never said it was cast alot, but I 2heal ICC10 with a RestoDruid so Renew isn't always the best filler. Usually, but not always, especially when I'm building up to a known high damage phase when GH on tank or PoH on raid will be needed and the extra speed from Serendipity really does help. But usually, I only use SoL procs for FH unless I'm mindfully setting up like that. Also, I have waaay too many spells to really be spamming anything, but Renew makes up a large part of my healing. And you guys talking about T10.5 are talking about completetly different drops and raid environments. I'd love to have more 264s but my guild isn't large enough and my schedule doesn't allow me enough time to PuG in between guild raids (I'm a working mom). Also, I know Renew isn't best with Low Haste but I was assuming by the level OP mentioned that he/she was similarly geared to myself with mostly 251-264 gear so shouldn't be That low. At least in the environment I play in, it has proven higher throughput but to each his/her own. I definitely agree with Zeuq that a profiler or forum sticky is a great place for general advice, I was just adding my 2 Copper that I understood the phenomenon that the OP had discovered: less Haste on gear when upgrading from ToCr to ICC10.