Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock Soul Shard Bags

Any news on the Warlock bags? Will our 32 slot bags become regular satchels? if so what size? Worth it to invest in a 22slot bag now if our bags do not become soul shard bags?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen on the ptr the abbyssal bag will be converted in a 22 slot normal bag.

Deleted
    the 28shard bag i had was changed to a 20slots bag on the ptr

Awesome news, thanks.

Deleted
    im still stuck with my ss bag on beta, your tales of new bags on ptr fills me with hope.

That's odd. I'd thing they'd just become useLess. Ammo bags as far as I know are still ammo bags.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Was on PTR for a short while, like one week ago (just before all characters got wiped and all ques were filled up again :@)
    Still had my 32-slot bag, and still had the 28 shards that were in it before, they just were useless. But that was a week ago, don't know the current status...

The 32-slot shard bag does indeed transform into a 22-slot normal bag on the PTR. You still need to delete the shards manually though. And on that note, you need to get rid of your Fire-/Spellstone manually at the moment as well. I've got a dead one sitting in my inventory.

I hate to change topics, but fire/spell stones will not work in cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazumichan View Post
    I hate to change topics, but fire/spell stones will not work in cata?
    Indeed they will not. They're both being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Indeed they will not. They're both being removed.
    I thought I heard that they were becoming like the shaman's weapon enchants? Not having to use the stone, but just a castable spell. Is this inaccurate information?

It was stated that the bags will become slightly smaller versions of those being replaced.
    From that description I can but hope for something a bit bigger than a 22 slot, afterall the amount of time we have had to be one bag slot down more than justifies something better.

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    I thought I heard that they were becoming like the shaman's weapon enchants? Not having to use the stone, but just a castable spell. Is this inaccurate information?
    I think the effects are rolled into masteries, not 100% on that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 32-slot shard bag does indeed transform into a 22-slot normal bag on the PTR. You still need to delete the shards manually though. And on that note, you need to get rid of your Fire-/Spellstone manually at the moment as well. I've got a dead one sitting in my inventory.
    i know i'll be keeping one for sure. i've not yet decided on stones tho.
    which reminds me, i think i have some blinding powder on a rogue. in fact i'm quite sure of it
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

I'll be keeping a souvenir as well if you have to delete the old shards manually on live. :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be keeping a souvenir as well if you have to delete the old shards manually on live. :P
    Me too... but, then, I'm a packrat - which is why I frequently complain about bank space.

As for bag size, I'm hoping that 22 is the PTR equivalent because 22 is the current "large bag" size. Given that the Portable Hole is 24, I'm assuming that will be the Cataclysm "large bag" size - and thus I'm hoping that's what my 32-slot soul bag turns in to.

I'm also hoping it retains its name/icon, even though it changes size and loses its "shard only" status.

The bigger the better, and since it really took far too long to come up with a replacement mechanism, largely in part due to the stubborn refusal to make them stackable then we deserve a decent bag out of it.
    A 24 slot is purchasable for what is now not really a lot of gold anymore, so considering that I like many crafted that bag back when I had the cooldowns to contend with then give us something like a 28 slot.
    If it proves to be decent capacity, or we can later get decent capacity bags then I may consider keeping hold of one, though the stones may well be a different matter.
    They are just boring, the spellstone once being great becoming little more than a stat stick, but the shards have been the bane of the class for a long time, so if anything is worth keeping hold of one for its those.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It was stated that the bags will become slightly smaller versions of those being replaced.
    From that description I can but hope for something a bit bigger than a 22 slot, afterall the amount of time we have had to be one bag slot down more than justifies something better.
    Bigger than a 22 slot? Don't hold your breath. Personally I never used the soulshard bag.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The bigger the better, and since it really took far too long to come up with a replacement mechanism, largely in part due to the stubborn refusal to make them stackable then we deserve a decent bag out of it.
    As much as I'd love a large bag, this attitude ticks me off: we WERE at a disadvantage, so now we NEED to be at an advantage. Why? Why not just make it "fair and balanced" and let it go? Wait, next you'll be telling me that my tax money should go to reparations for something that happened a 100 years ago, paid to someone that wasn't even alive for it, that none of my ancestors had anything to do with...

A 24 slot bag would be reasonable: it's likely to be the "default" large bag size in Cata.

We were at a disadvantage not just due the class mechanic, but due to a stubborn refusal to make simple "quality of life" improvements.
    The stacking of shards would have been a very simple mechanism to implement, but one they repeatedly chose to ignore.
    Hunters at least had the stack size on ammunition increased so reducing their bag space requirements, while warlocks did not.
    We were just told to get a bigger shard bag.