Scyth of Elune =Worgens =CoT.

" the night elf Sentinel Velinde Starsong was given the task of clearing Felwood of demons. She prayed to Elune and was granted a magical scythe which could summon worgen. Using the Scythe of Elune, she summoned a very large number of the creatures to fight at her side against the demons. Later Velinde began to notice that some of her force were unaccounted for. It was as though the Scythe of Elune no longer required her presence to perform the summoning process."

It can be assumed that Aragul summoned the worgan that were already here...but I find it much more interesting, that we were sent back in time via CoT, in order to help clear felwood disquised as Worgen and thats why they were "unaccounted" for at the end...we simply went back to our own time, and maybe perhaps we will find out where the Scyth of Elune truely is.

I know the scyth will be found in Gilneas, I don't know if it is explained how it got there or not.
    Last edited by Aerisot; 2010-09-23 at 02:23 PM.

I am soo hoping for a orb of sindorei like item that transforms me into a worgen......worgen paladin O_o

Anyway ontopic:

Would be a nice instance...wondering what happened to the scythe so if this isntance can explain that, then it will be great.
    But I think the unaccounted worgen are jsut the worgen that went feral and became evil. Not us timetraveling...altough with blizz anything is possible.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    I like it

Not a big enough lore event.

It could prove big enough if the infinate dragon flight are trying to stop Velinde from destroying the demons in Felwood, which would also prevent he worgan alliance race from helping against deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    "not a big enough lore event" anything can have a major effect on the timeline...even killing a critter....if you hadn't killed that spider or squirrel it could have bitten arthas and poisoned him/ given him rabies which may have ment he didnt live long enough to go to northrend and become the lichking which would mean we are still at level 70 trying to defeat a level 85 deathwing attacking our citys which would mean deathwing ruled the world and had enough power to free the old gods which could regroup and attack the burning legion...0o

o..m...g....SAVE THE SPIDERS!

No...its already been confirmed that the CoT raid is going to be War of the Ancients.

War of the Ancients is a much BIGGER lore event, with a much GREATER impact when dealing with DEATHWING.

I could see this idea as possibly a 5-man CoT, but there aren't any of those, so no.

Worgen and the events of their creation are not a big enough lore impact to merit a 5-man from CoT.

Look at the ones we currently have - Their lore impacts involve - The entire First and Second Wars - The creation of the New Horde - Saving the world from Archimonde - the road which leads to the creation of Arthas, the Lich King

Worgen joining the Alliance fails in comparison to all of these. While personally I like the idea, I don't foresee it ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by gankhed View Post
    No...its already been confirmed that the CoT raid is going to be War of the Ancients.

War of the Ancients is a much BIGGER lore event, with a much GREATER impact when dealing with DEATHWING.

I could see this idea as possibly a 5-man CoT, but there aren't any of those, so no.

Worgen and the events of their creation are not a big enough lore impact to merit a 5-man from CoT.

Look at the ones we currently have - Their lore impacts involve - The entire First and Second Wars - The creation of the New Horde - Saving the world from Archimonde - the road which leads to the creation of Arthas, the Lich King

Worgen joining the Alliance fails in comparison to all of these. While personally I like the idea, I don't foresee it ever happening.
    You are clearly missing the point to this thread, I have never said it was going to be in this expansion, it was just an interesting idea, and can easily be pulled off as a 5-10man instance, who knows what the worgan will do in the future that may cause a huge lore event.

Also they can easily play it off as, the infinite dragonflight want to stop the felwood cleanse so that the worgans are never created for what they may end up doing in the future...I never said it was a major event...it would be a fun instance.

BTW anyone knowwhat we were doing in Mount Hyjal...dont recall seeing any infinite dragons in there.

The new WotA cot raid really should have infinites. Infinite dragonflight Lore is interesting.

BTw I think this event, creation of the worgen, is jsut as epic or even more epic then freeing Thrall from his prison. Did Durnholde for the achievement last week and I gotta say, that was one dissapointing instance lorewise. Best part would be the ashbringer event in southshore, the scarlet bosses as children in southshore and Kel'thuzad in southshore.
    The actual freeing of Thrall was lame :S
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    "not a big enough lore event" anything can have a major effect on the timeline...even killing a critter....if you hadn't killed that spider or squirrel it could have bitten arthas and poisoned him/ given him rabies which may have ment he didnt live long enough to go to northrend and become the lichking which would mean we are still at level 70 trying to defeat a level 85 deathwing attacking our citys which would mean deathwing ruled the world and had enough power to free the old gods which could regroup and attack the burning legion...0o
    That whole chaos theory is kinda dumb. A butterfly flaping it's wings in Brazil makes a tornade in America is really dumb. If that was the case it'd be impossible to predict weather!

OT, Not a bad idea but I think Blizzard could do something better.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    That whole chaos theory is kinda dumb. A butterfly flaping it's wings in Brazil makes a tornade in America is really dumb. If that was the case it'd be impossible to predict weather!

OT, Not a bad idea but I think Blizzard could do something better.
    Don't be fooled, the butterflies over in south Africa are out for domination over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Future COT instance: Save the Squirrels of Dalaran. Wanton destruction of these critters by players in the past has led to the current crisis. You must go back and kill any player targeting a squirrel before they can kill it.

There won't be a normal CoT from what we know currently, only a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Don't be fooled, the butterflies over in south Africa are out for domination over the USA.
    Oh crap...
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

i really, REALLY want ot see a butterfly effect CoT where infinites are trying to stop some random farmer to step on an ant to make sure illidan never escapes or smthing.