Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ret with boyfriend (mage)

I'll still have a holy spec if we need it for anything though, of course, and pick up gear here and there most likely.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilicia30 View Post
    By gathering. If I can do 80-85 from only herbing and mining then I will have enough gold for the next 4 expansions
    Jesus Christ that's evil!

Deleted
    thats the same way my druids going to slowly level, mining and herbing for my profs for my pala. Prices of mats are always so expensive at the start of an expansion its easier grinding them yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    This.

To those of you who want to level as holy: we've warned you and you're not going to like it (mana problems, keeping up a 12 sec inquisition and horrible damage output ain't fun)
    Denounce reduces cost of exorcism by 75% and makes gives holy shock a 50% chance to have the next exo be free... there are no mana problems. You also don't HAVE to keep up inquisition, it's nice but by no means a necessity.

Think I'm gonna go Prot, queue up to dungeon here n' there + you can easily quest etc.

Good points , i was extremely depress when i leveled my paladin back in the day , using cloth to heal 5man <,<.

I also remember using Pink robe from Aq20 first boss for awhile because it was better than my T1 for healing lol.

Fun of the good old days

The difficult part in an argument is not to defend one’s opinion, but rather to know it.
    - Andre Maurois 1957.

Ill be leveling as protection. Grab em all and knock em down
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might be smart move to quest as holy with all the dps talents. No one with their brains working correctly would even consider trying to kill you while doing quests, or maybe they will, if they wanna 10h battle So ppl just might let you quest in peace

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go ret when questing and queue instances as holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenkä View Post
    It might be smart move to quest as holy with all the dps talents. No one with their brains working correctly would even consider trying to kill you while doing quests, or maybe they will, if they wanna 10h battle So ppl just might let you quest in peace
    This, is the entire thinking behind me leveling as holy, Ive always played holy. Have my offspec as ret atm for soloing old stuff, but if i meet a hordie im basically a free honour kill as ret. At least as hoyl i'll make it not worth there while to even try and gank as ill just heal myself through it until they get bored.

Deleted
    I will probably stick to prot and holy in leveling.
    As Prot I put out 8k DPS on the ICC trash, in crap gear, on LK battle, I topped with 13k once, as holy I can heal myself and put out some damage, might be able to heal some dungeons and etc., just go with the specc you think is best, if it's not, tweak it some, or change.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Denounce reduces cost of exorcism by 75% and makes gives holy shock a 50% chance to have the next exo be free... there are no mana problems. You also don't HAVE to keep up inquisition, it's nice but by no means a necessity.
    Believe it or not I still use about 10k mana per mob in 346 dungeon heroic gear + do about half the damage of my low level ret gear (~325ish itemlevel)

So boring concept - ppl mostly say ret for quests, holy for dungeons, just dull
    IF your holy, then stay holy all the way, just give a try to shockadin part of it for questing....

Go shockadin now and try it in heroics or raids... works great and very easy to play... lot of mages asking me how the hell can i keep so high dps in heroics compared to theirs with full-healing capability and high survivabilty. Dont see any reason for it to change in cata. ANd dont forget glyph of holy wrath ofc...

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably ret for questing, but I intend to instance with my guildies more often than not, as holy. I don't plan to quest much on my paladin but, by contrast, will spend my time levelling my hunter mostly questing.
    Kurn
    Kurn's Guide to Being a Kick-Ass Guild Master: http://kurn.info
    Blog: http://kurn.apotheosis-now.com Guild Spotlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/kurnmogh/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Ret and questing. Blizzard has made it clear questing is the best way to gain rep and some half decent upgrades for those T9/T10 items.
    This for me as well. Second line applying to all my characters at the 80 mark.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    So boring concept - ppl mostly say ret for quests, holy for dungeons, just dull
    IF your holy, then stay holy all the way, just give a try to shockadin part of it for questing....
    I actually agree with you, but being a true shockadin would require a bit of a respec on my part. Not really a big deal though. However Ret is just so damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNot1337 View Post

I actually agree with you, but being a true shockadin would require a bit of a respec on my part. Not really a big deal though. However Ret is just so damn fun.
    I dont know, maybe im just stuck in TBC age. just cant stand Rets. For me, only true paladins are prots and hollies. Cant help it