Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Flask of the Frost Wyrm prices

On my server I farm all the materials in order to sell these flasks on the Auction House. Now, it's pretty much my little market as no one else seems to sell them on this sever or well, at least in bulk :3. I sell x20 stacks of these for 400g and make a vast amount of gold from it, as you can imagine..but I get nothing but QQ when doing it!

The funny thing is, I always manage to sell the stacks within 10 minutes of putting them up on the Auction House and sometimes to the people who are even QQ'ing.

What is it like for you guys when selling stuff at your own prices, do you get constant moaning all the time but along side a high amount of sales too? x

10+ Year Old Account
    Your price seems expensive. They are around 12g or less each on my server. I don't know why anybody would pay 20g a flask with Cata right around the corner. Doubly so with the ICC buff.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Deleted
    Yea I know what you mean man, I first put a stack up there for 400g by accident and it ended up selling, so after that I just put em' all up there for that price and they still sell.

It might just be for the convenience and the fact that most raiders tend to only spend gold on armour repairs and flasks, after gemz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Price is whatever people are willing to pay. With that said, I would ignore your bulk purchases and just do what I normally do, before the raid I just buy 2-3 flasks at the cheapest price. I'll buy bulk if the bulk price is decent though, but it's not often that it is.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

20g is completely normal on my server. This has nothing to do with Cataclysm though, so wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Price is whatever people are willing to pay. With that said, I would ignore your bulk purchases and just do what I normally do, before the raid I just buy 2-3 flasks at the cheapest price. I'll buy bulk if the bulk price is decent though, but it's not often that it is.
    This is my process too.

However, regardless of the ICC buff I still buy flasks. I'm a priest so I usually get 3 frost wyrms (for shadow fights) and 2 pure mojo (for healing) before each raid night. If I have leftover from the previous night, I have less I have to buy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flasks on my servers are around 20g each. And in theory the stacks should sell for less if they are bulked up. As an example if one flask costs 20 then if you sell then at x5 then it might be 90g (18g each)

15+ Year Old Account
    Flask prices are down on my server to around 8g each... guess it really varies by server.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Flask prices are down on my server to around 8g each... guess it really varies by server.
    its about the same on Area52, its the botters, a few months back there was a ban wave on a popular herb aurto farming bot and the prices shit back up for a while and i was able to make good money. Since then about a dozen auto herbing bots are available and it seems the botters are going ape shit and flooding the market with cheap herbs/flasks

Those flasks are still 21-26g each on my server! Yay for a wealthy economy with a lot of lazy people still raiding!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Your price seems expensive. They are around 12g or less each on my server. I don't know why anybody would pay 20g a flask with Cata right around the corner. Doubly so with the ICC buff.
    20g for a wyrm flask is expensive? Wow, your server must have an interesting economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    6.50g each on Mal'ganis Horde side!

20-25g on my realm

Deleted
    20g for a flask seems about average, on my realm they float between 15 and 25 gold each. So yeah, not amazingly expensive. Any why would they buy it for that price with Cata round the corner? because:

A) They are still raiding and still need those buffs

B) Cata has no set date, so no point in putting stuff on hold just because sometime in the future the game will be upgrading

Mal'ganis

Yep on Mal'ganis I have seen them as low as 2 or 3g each flask I mean wtf O.O.
    A few months back i used to be alch/herb, and thats how I made my money for epic mount and when DMCG costed 4.5 to 5.5k. I just farmed farmed and farmed, made 200 flasks of each and done, 10k easily since they used to sell at 30g ^.^ and as low as 25 , of course thats when a stack of lotus also costed you like 800g. O.O

You have to keep in mind that every server is its own economy, with inflation going on and stuff like that. Populated servers, where alot of people bring "new" gold into the system by completing quests, vendoring items or looting, will have higher prices on everything due to there being alot of gold going around.

7g each on Blackrock. Herbs are flooding in so hard, many below 20s each. Tons of gold on BR, none of it is buying consumables no ones needed since forever. I've found since pot nerf, flask mat overhaul, and gems from badges/honor. Very little money to be made in alch.

Deleted
    8 / 10 g on my server

since this thread is in the !catalysem! profession forum, id say flask of frostwyrm is outdated when cata ships and not worth much

You're lucky... All flasks on my server sell for ~10G or less.

The only market that WAS possible to control on my server was the epic ammo/arrow market but that was months ago.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely