Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 has been rated PG-13 in the US.

I lol'd so hard
    No no no!

"Return the blade...complete the circle...release me from this PRISON!"
    Thank you Geekissexy for the sig!

The fact that makes 4-5-6 "Boring" is because the remove too much stuff

I don't read the books, but Harry Potter has been a guilty pleasure when I see it on TV or DVD, I really like how dark it gets further into the series. Looking forward to this one!

I liked Harry Potter until I read other books/ saw better movies. Then I realized the magic is very mediocre.
    1: Point stick
    2: Say funny latin word
    3: ?
    4: Profit
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Warner Bros. grew a brain and realized that the 3D process looked like crap so they are pulling the 3D edition from the theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, too bad an anonymous Potter savant ruined the series for me.

Still, what's with Voldemort's nose?
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    Cool, too bad an anonymous Potter savant ruined the series for me.

Still, what's with Voldemort's nose?
    Did you read the book?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Did you read the book?
    Why read a 600 page book just to find out why his nose is funny?
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

0:36 - nuuuuuu! Dumbledore!!!!!!

Im stoked for it, looks great and 2 parts!? Should be epic.

Oh look... another terrible soundtrack with badly meshed synths overlaid over the orchestra.

Just what I wanted; an aural scat experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    *has EPIC Nerdgasm* Oh man, I really want this movie to be good, I really really do, even though I've read other, far better series both before and after Harry Potter, I still have a massive soft spot for ol' harry and his chums, and to finally get a chance to see this all go down on the big screen should be amazing.

note the word SHOULD.

Sadly there's two things that will probably ruin this film for me.
    1) Precedent: all of the Harry Potter movies have been terrible, uniformly underwhelming for two massive reasons, firstly they edit the shit out of them, taking most of what made the books good, and swapping it with special effects, and secondly Daniel Radcliffe is a fucking terrible actor, and seriously needs to be disallowed from making any further movies. Seriously, I could have done a better job playing Harry, even though I look more like Hagrid.... The first of these things will hopefully be fixed in this movie, as it's being split into two parts, and because the book itself wasn't long at all (first time I read it I finished it in one night :P), I'm hoping they'll leave the plot mostly untouched, maybe even include a few of the peices they cut out of Harry Potter and the Half-made Movie *cough* Dumbledores Funeral featuring the greatest line in the book, possibly the series*Cough*. Sadly the second part will never change, Daniel Radcliffe was hired simply because he looked the part (although imo he wasn't that great, he was too chubby, harry was supposed to be a scrawnly lil fekker) but as we all know looks aren't everything, and while people forgave his early sloppy performances because he was so young, as he aged his skills didn't increase any, and now when we reach the climax of the series he still can't act for shit, and we're stuck with him.... which leads me to the second reason I suspect this movie will suck.

2) It's in 3D: Seriously, one of my pet hates in movies right now is unnecessary 3D. They did it with Clash of the Shite-ans and any number of other hey Avatars pretty much crapped money, Avatar was 3D, lets make our movie 3D! "blockbusters" that were released in Avatar's wake. But seriously why oh why oh WHY did Deathly Hallows need to be 3D? there are no sweeping Vista's, no huge battles (in this part anyway, the Battle for Hogwarts isn't till DH pt2), pretty much nothing that will utalise 3D to it's fullest extent, so what are we left with? a film that would have worked perfectly well in 2D, with maybe a few seconds of a snake flying out of the screen......woopedy fuckin doooo.

so in short can the 3D, no one is impressed by that shit any more, make sure you don't cut the story to ribbons in order to pad out the time with more flashy special effects and please try to do something about Daniel Radcliffe's suckiness.

if they can manage that miracle then this film may just be passable.
    then the Dark Tower movie will come out and rape this whole series right through it's stupid wizard robes....Hell even the Game of Thrones TV series will probably take this load to school.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single movie Emma Watson gets hotter. And ohhh man did she deliver this time.

OT: Looks great, the last movie was boring; a lot of talking, and only a couple short fights.
    CAN'T wait for this movie!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    *has EPIC Nerdgasm* Oh man, I really want this movie to be good, I really really do, even though I've read other, far better series both before and after Harry Potter, I still have a massive soft spot for ol' harry and his chums, and to finally get a chance to see this all go down on the big screen should be amazing.

note the word SHOULD.

Sadly there's two things that will probably ruin this film for me.
    1) Precedent: all of the Harry Potter movies have been terrible, uniformly underwhelming for two massive reasons, firstly they edit the shit out of them, taking most of what made the books good, and swapping it with special effects, and secondly Daniel Radcliffe is a fucking terrible actor, and seriously needs to be disallowed from making any further movies. Seriously, I could have done a better job playing Harry, even though I look more like Hagrid.... The first of these things will hopefully be fixed in this movie, as it's being split into two parts, and because the book itself wasn't long at all (first time I read it I finished it in one night :P), I'm hoping they'll leave the plot mostly untouched, maybe even include a few of the peices they cut out of Harry Potter and the Half-made Movie *cough* Dumbledores Funeral featuring the greatest line in the book, possibly the series*Cough*. Sadly the second part will never change, Daniel Radcliffe was hired simply because he looked the part (although imo he wasn't that great, he was too chubby, harry was supposed to be a scrawnly lil fekker) but as we all know looks aren't everything, and while people forgave his early sloppy performances because he was so young, as he aged his skills didn't increase any, and now when we reach the climax of the series he still can't act for shit, and we're stuck with him.... which leads me to the second reason I suspect this movie will suck.

2) It's in 3D: Seriously, one of my pet hates in movies right now is unnecessary 3D. They did it with Clash of the Shite-ans and any number of other hey Avatars pretty much crapped money, Avatar was 3D, lets make our movie 3D! "blockbusters" that were released in Avatar's wake. But seriously why oh why oh WHY did Deathly Hallows need to be 3D? there are no sweeping Vista's, no huge battles (in this part anyway, the Battle for Hogwarts isn't till DH pt2), pretty much nothing that will utalise 3D to it's fullest extent, so what are we left with? a film that would have worked perfectly well in 2D, with maybe a few seconds of a snake flying out of the screen......woopedy fuckin doooo.

so in short can the 3D, no one is impressed by that shit any more, make sure you don't cut the story to ribbons in order to pad out the time with more flashy special effects and please try to do something about Daniel Radcliffe's suckiness.

if they can manage that miracle then this film may just be passable.
    then the Dark Tower movie will come out and rape this whole series right through it's stupid wizard robes....Hell even the Game of Thrones TV series will probably take this load to school.
    You didn't read my post. There will not be a 3D version of the Deathly Hallows. Warner Bros. pulled it due to the negative reactions to the post production process on Clash of the Titans and The Last Airbender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    You didn't read my post. There will not be a 3D version of the Deathly Hallows. Warner Bros. pulled it due to the negative reactions to the post production process on Clash of the Titans and The Last Airbender.
    You sure? Cause I did read your post but then that trailer specifically mentions that the film IS in 3D, so I figured I'd trust them over you

and as happy as I would be if this movie was just a normal 2d movie, sadly all my other criticism still stands :P I wholey expect this movie to disappoint, of course that wont stop me booking tickets as soon as they're available, and going to see it on the first night Then doing exactly the same thing when DH2 comes out

and P.S. I don't really think Emma Watson is that hot, always prefered the MUCH underrated Emily Browning.

P.P.S. FLCL, your name rocks :P that show made my brain melt.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30