Cooking and fishing updated

The fishing dailies in SW (and I assume Org too) now award a [Bag of Shiny Things]. At level 83 this contained only coppers and low-level loot so it's possible these dailies are intended for low-level characters.

Cooking dailies now award a [Chef's Award] whereas previously they awarded a [Stormwind Cooking Award]. The vendor associated with these awards sells 28 Cata cooking recipes for 5 awards each, as well as a [Crate of Tasty Meat] for 2 awards. I managed to get most recipes from the cooking trainer, so will be grabbing the crates to see what they contain.

How is levelling fishing in Cata, or has that not been changed/addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidLight View Post
    How is levelling fishing in Cata, or has that not been changed/addressed?
    each fishing daily will also grant +1 fishing skill which isnt a bad thing given how many fish thats saved you from catching seems to be the only thing thats really changed so far

and the rocklobster quest is rather fun getting hit for 10k by a patroling lvl 85 shark

+1 fishing means nothing to me when I plan on hitting cap before I kill a single mob on purpse...Regardless, Ty for the update.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Im pretty sure at this point the fishing changes people were waiting for arent coming.

Deleted
    No new fishing pets then?

Quote Originally Posted by Exin View Post
    No new fishing pets then?
    I havnt sen an acheivment for one but I'm sure they Will add one.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin