82 18.26%
  • Neither should ever happen

268 59.69%
  • Both

38 8.46%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    Sir Zeliek is proof Undead can be Paladins.
    I wish people would stop using random trash mobs in Icecrown and Sir Zeliek as a precedent for undead paladins. God forbid, a raid boss might be special lore wise...

Do you want to know the KEY differnce between all other types of paladins and the undead. The Light Magic they use doesn't hurt them to use.

Paladins use the stuff in truck lots. Hell, they even build it up now to fire our powerful Holy Light spells. So, unless you can make a possible excuse (lore-wise) for why a Forsaken wants to feel like he is getting set on fire everytime he got into combat. Your argument is basically "NO I'm right! We have Sir Zeliek and random nameless dead trash is Icecrown. They show us that they can happen lore-wise!"
    Is the answer to the Question...

Undead Paladins would not work because they hate all life and only wish to kill everything. Even if they could wield the light with an attitude like that Wowwikki says that a Paladin could cleanse off the Plague of Undeath so a Paladin could never be raised in that way. WowWikki also states that a lot of Death Knights were once Paladins who chose to become what they were and chose to follow Arthas. And we all know that Death Knights are the opposite of a Paladin. UNDEAD PALADIN IS A NO GO!!

Belf druid may be possible maybe sometime in a future WoW but right now they still have the taint of Fel magic and I don't think that nature would want to have itself corrupted. The only way this could ever work is if somehow the Sunwell cleansed them of this. This class may happen but I don't count on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats funny about this thread is that Undead Paladains and Blood elf druids make little sense, but the people in this thread are so worked up over the idea that they believe it to be so.

Deleted
    when will ppl fucking learn.... FORSAKEN IS NOT UNDEAD! jesus christ.....

Yes the faction THEY ARE NOT UNDEAD... i say it again they are not undead they are forsaken!
    you know how they even became forsaken in the first place even? you think they popped up from the graveyards in wsg/ab etc? no they did not! its a spell! a curse on them!

They could very well become paladin. 2 reasons: first the lore itself and the game says nothing about they are limited to not become paladins faith heart brain etc.

Second this is a game just like i get pissed of that ppl qq about unrealistic stuff, ofc some are just silly but lets face it an FORSAKEN aint silly becoming an paladin an undead or an ghoul would be silly but NOT a forsaken.

its the same thing some ppl think tauren paladins is silly, When they are the most humble race of all even over the alliance side, They are the most modest and humble and peaceful race, And are focused in wild life and healing, herbs and stuff.

And on be part i dont see any reason why not since you play a hero you could grown up in a tauren family learning druic powers, See the point limiting classes for roles of how the look is silly.

But apart from lore, some dont fit that well but there should be if you check according to lore a chance some hero will be born now and then with the powers of a class their race shouldnt be using but do it anywaym, ex tauren rogue rofl

ok that one i would never want to se

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Whats funny about this thread is that Undead Paladains and Blood elf druids make little sense, but the people in this thread are so worked up over the idea that they believe it to be so.
    You are so wrong its sad, according to lore its more sence a forsaken paladin exists than a BE Druid. go wiki for yourself about forsaken and how the become forsaken and why they did rally up with the horde in the first place just as why be did rally with horde.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
    Undead Paladins would not work because they hate all life and only wish to kill everything. Even if they could wield the light with an attitude like that Wowwikki says that a Paladin could cleanse off the Plague of Undeath so a Paladin could never be raised in that way. WowWikki also states that a lot of Death Knights were once Paladins who chose to become what they were and chose to follow Arthas. And we all know that Death Knights are the opposite of a Paladin. UNDEAD PALADIN IS A NO GO!!

Belf druid may be possible maybe sometime in a future WoW but right now they still have the taint of Fel magic and I don't think that nature would want to have itself corrupted. The only way this could ever work is if somehow the Sunwell cleansed them of this. This class may happen but I don't count on it.
    Wrong again, Read the lore and stop call them frekin undead!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    I wish people would stop using random trash mobs in Icecrown and Sir Zeliek as a precedent for undead paladins. God forbid, a raid boss might be special lore wise...
    So a Paladin resurrected into the Forsaken who still has faith can't occur?
    Paladins use the stuff in truck lots. Hell, they even build it up now to fire our powerful Holy Light spells. So, unless you can make a possible excuse (lore-wise) for why a Forsaken wants to feel like he is getting set on fire everytime he got into combat. Your argument is basically "NO I'm right! We have Sir Zeliek and random nameless dead trash is Icecrown. They show us that they can happen lore-wise!"

Can you prove to me that the Holy Priests the Forsaken employs are filled with less holy energy than Paladins?

I can provide proof that says Forsaken are in pain just from living. Getting into pain in combat isn't a big deal - considering combat is PAINFUL. Plus, Forsaken would love to use The Light against their enemies - Like Demons and Undead, and humans.

Sir Zeliek is not random and nameless. He's named and he uses Paladin spells for a PURPOSE. I don't think Blizzard overlooked this. He's there for a reason.

There is another Undead Paladin in SFK named Commander Springvale. Blizzard didn't just make up Sir Zeliek and give him all that text in Eligor's speech just "because hes nameless trash". You're very biased.

The Scarlet Crusade is a group of maddened zealots so dedicated to the removal of all undead that they commonly attack the living. Alignment Lawful evil. Membership is comprised chiefly of human warriors, ex-paladins, priests and paladins (dark or otherwise), scarlet knights, scarlet inquisitors, Scarlet Chaplains, Scarlet Crusaders and scarlet battle mages professions, although hunters and mages also exist among their ranks.

"They hunt the undead in Lordaeron with a zeal that frightens. Many innocent mortals have been killed through misunderstandings, or simply "just making sure". These paladins have a frightening policy: When in doubt, assume the person is undead and kill him. These knights would never admit that they walk the same dark road that led to Arthas’s damnation, but few of them continue to follow the three virtues. Those who question their leaders are assumed to be undead sympathizers and are slain. Many serve the Scarlet Crusade out of fear, as to speak up means instant death."

I have no clue what you're trying to say by "Death Knights were once Paladins who chose to become what they were and chose to follow Arthas." What's stopping a Forsaken from coming back, deciding to be a Paladin, and having the faith required?

See, this is going BACK on current lore.

The Blood Elves are moving away from nature currently, and became obsessed with the Arcane. This is why they are BLOOD ELVES - Not Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    when will ppl fucking learn.... FORSAKEN IS NOT UNDEAD! jesus christ.....

Yes the faction THEY ARE NOT UNDEAD... i say it again they are not undead they are forsaken!
    you know how they even became forsaken in the first place even? you think they popped up from the graveyards in wsg/ab etc? no they did not! its a spell! a curse on them!
    Forsaken ARE Undead.

Please don't come into this thread spouting bullshit because you make actual supporters of Undead Paladin look bad.

Wrong again, Read the lore and stop call them frekin undead!
    Please, stop. You're just making yourself look foolish. Whens the last time YOU'VE read the lore you're telling others to read? Take your own advice.

"The Forsaken are a race and faction of undead who broke away from the Scourge and took control of much of the kingdom of Lordaeron, destroyed during the Third War by the death knight Arthas."
    Last edited by LordRayken; 2010-09-25 at 08:21 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Deleted
    Even as they believe they have been abandoned by their faith, so have the Forsaken abandoned the faiths of their living days.[4] Some still adhere to their old faiths, such as the Holy Light.[12][13] Many no longer cling to any religion, placing their faith in their queen and their dark science.[4] Most, however, have embraced new philosophies of their own creation: the Forgotten Shadow, the Echo of Life, or the simple value of knowledge.[14] Some have even turned to the Burning Legion as a source of power, believing that only it is potent enough to defeat the Lich King

First of they are UNDEAD But the fact they are still not UNDEAD you dont seem to get it lorewise, Once they become unbound and not chained to scourge they could become a paladin.

Before they where limited controlled in some matter of not making own decisions and doing things by their own if you understand by what i mean.

They dont wanna be called undead for a reason and call themself Forsaken also for a reason,
    Yes in the ground they are undead But they are not classified as UNDEAD magic example dont work agains them as on a ghoul for an example it would not work on a forsaken.

Get my point? this is why they should not be called undead(the where undead now they are a new race hybrid of living and dead.

Yes in the ground they are undead But they are not classified as UNDEAD magic example dont work agains them as on a ghoul for an example it would not work on a forsaken.

Get my point? this is why they should not be called undead(the where undead now they are a new race hybrid of living and dead.
    No. They are Undead.

They are just classified as something else in game because they don't want players to have the immunities and weaknesses of the actual Undead as a player race.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

No. They are Undead.

They are just classified as something else in game because they don't want players to have the immunities and weaknesses of the actual Undead as a player race.
    It was very fun when we could do that, though.

Also, to the people who mention Zeliek: Undead can use the Light, but it burns them. Even when others use it to heal them, it burns. Lorewise, Undead and all Death Knights feel PAIN when you mend their wounds as a Priest or Paladin.
    As one of the Blues once said, "Sir Zeliek just really hates himself".

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Worgen Paladins are as far as I would go with the Paladin Class. DEFIANTLY not UD paladins, that makes me nerdrage. I wish they would remove the resemblance from any UD in game and lore and call it a day.
    Gilneas never had a Order of Paladins. So I don't understand how they would get Paladins now.

Deleted
    Neither should ever happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    Gilneas never had a Order of Paladins. So I don't understand how they would get Paladins now.
    True, but they fought alongside other nation's paladins in the Second War. They are humans, who worship the light. It shouldn't be any issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be

The Blood Elves are moving away from nature currently, and became obsessed with the Arcane. This is why they are BLOOD ELVES - Not Night Elves.[/I]
    Lore changes. and right now blood elves are moving way form arcane and in to the light. its all in the new opening for belfs in cata. So druids are becoming a possibility. But some one on the allies would need to get druids.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you want to know the KEY differnce between all other types of paladins and the undead. The Light Magic they use doesn't hurt them to use.

So, basically; because you don't like it, it can't be real... very strong argument

There was a Blood Elf druid boss in one of the BC dungeons if I recall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    just because his flesh has decayed doesn't mean his faith in the light won't keep his soul intact after death.
    Agreed, Undead paladins would be cool and CAN make sense lorewise.

So many close-minded people.

So a Paladin resurrected into the Forsaken who still has faith can't occur?

Can you prove to me that the Holy Priests the Forsaken employs are filled with less holy energy than Paladins?

I can provide proof that says Forsaken are in pain just from living. Getting into pain in combat isn't a big deal - considering combat is PAINFUL. Plus, Forsaken would love to use The Light against their enemies - Like Demons and Undead, and humans.

Sir Zeliek is not random and nameless. He's named and he uses Paladin spells for a PURPOSE. I don't think Blizzard overlooked this. He's there for a reason.

There is another Undead Paladin in SFK named Commander Springvale. Blizzard didn't just make up Sir Zeliek and give him all that text in Eligor's speech just "because hes nameless trash". You're very biased.

The Scarlet Crusade is a group of maddened zealots so dedicated to the removal of all undead that they commonly attack the living. Alignment Lawful evil. Membership is comprised chiefly of human warriors, ex-paladins, priests and paladins (dark or otherwise), scarlet knights, scarlet inquisitors, Scarlet Chaplains, Scarlet Crusaders and scarlet battle mages professions, although hunters and mages also exist among their ranks.

"They hunt the undead in Lordaeron with a zeal that frightens. Many innocent mortals have been killed through misunderstandings, or simply "just making sure". These paladins have a frightening policy: When in doubt, assume the person is undead and kill him. These knights would never admit that they walk the same dark road that led to Arthas’s damnation, but few of them continue to follow the three virtues. Those who question their leaders are assumed to be undead sympathizers and are slain. Many serve the Scarlet Crusade out of fear, as to speak up means instant death."

I have no clue what you're trying to say by "Death Knights were once Paladins who chose to become what they were and chose to follow Arthas." What's stopping a Forsaken from coming back, deciding to be a Paladin, and having the faith required?

The Blood Elves are moving away from nature currently, and became obsessed with the Arcane. This is why they are BLOOD ELVES - Not Night Elves.

Forsaken ARE Undead.

Please don't come into this thread spouting bullshit because you make actual supporters of Undead Paladin look bad.

Please, stop. You're just making yourself look foolish. Whens the last time YOU'VE read the lore you're telling others to read? Take your own advice.

"The Forsaken are a race and faction of undead who broke away from the Scourge and took control of much of the kingdom of Lordaeron, destroyed during the Third War by the death knight Arthas."
    No they are called Blood elves in honor of their fallen brothers. Also with the restoration of the sunwell they are no longer raging arcane addicts. when the naaru sacrificed himself inside the sunwell it made it a well of Holy light energy NOT ARCANE. thanks. And druidism was deeply rooted in their culture and since they are no longer raging addicts they may move closer to their druidism roots. as for Forsaken they could easily be pallies but not likely at this time. forsaken pallies are not more likely at ALL than BE druids that's obsured.

Lok'tar Ogar For The Horde!!

You revived this thread? For shame!!

Now, we will have to listen to Rayken's undead pally rantings again.

Didn't the excuse "It wouldn't make sense lorewise" go out the window when they announced NE's get to be mages again?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    No to Bloodelf druids, it's already rediculous they get to be warriors.
    have you played w3? i guess not... cause then you wouldnt consider blood elf warriors something rediculous...

As for the topic. I dont mind either an i dont rly care, there is so many race/class compositions that dont make any sence that i just dont care.
    orc rogues- w8, what? guy who has more muscles than anything else is supposed to be class that moves silently in the shadows? not mentioning orc mentality of fighting with honor.
    dwarf rogues- same as above
    dwarf mages,shamans or priests- again, wtf is this? since when dwarves started to like magic?
    dwarf paladins- arent something completly unlikely but again doesnt make much sense anyway... but since i cant exclude it completly then i guess priests are also fine.
    night elf mages- ummmm highborne by playing with their arcane magic brought sargeras to azeroth... why in the name of god, tyrande or malfurion should allow their brethren to start practicing magic again?
    blood elf and tauren paladins- taurens belive in the earthmother not uther or light(connecting those two is like saying that christian priest= village shaman) and blood elf paladin lorewise was the biggest stretch in history of wow. Tough i can understand it as there was no better candidate for this role besides forsaken perphaps but w/e it was for balance. And yes forsaken do fit paladin role. Ppl think that forsaken= scourge... they are not... forsaken are the scourge freed from LK control and having their own will and toughts. So therefore they are humans with different bodies. But since they arent being accepted by their true race (aka humans) they turned to sylvanas

There are few more retarded race/class compositions but i cba to write them all down. The point tough is that there are plenty of those and all of them make little to no sense whatsoever. So adding forsaken paladins (that again are more fit to be those paladins than blood elves or tauren)or blood elf druids (again makes sense, as high elves were practicing druidism and if worgen that are just transformed humans who never practiced druidism can be druids, it makes even more sense) wouldnt bother me at all and would definately make more sense than the compositions i mentioned above.
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2010-09-30 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Didn't the excuse "It wouldn't make sense lorewise" go out the window when they announced NE's get to be mages again?
    Other than a few expections (like bosses) alot of race/class combos don't make sense lore-wise. Blizz will have to either retcon or add to the lore to make the these classes fit in.

For the Night Elf mages, if you have done the small quest in Dalaran, you would have found out that the Highborne are planning to rejoin with the Night Elves. They have sensed something big coming (aka Cata).

So, lore-wise all the Night Elf mages made during Cata are going to be Highborne. The same could be said for the new dwarf classes. The shamans are going to be Wildhammers, and the warlocks and mages are going to be Dark Irons.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    have you played w3? i guess not... cause then you wouldnt consider blood elf warriors something rediculous...

As for the topic. I dont mind either an i dont rly care, there is so many race/class compositions that dont make any sence that i just dont care.
    orc rogues- w8, what? guy who has more muscles than anything else is supposed to be class that moves silently in the shadows? not mentioning orc mentality of fighting with honor.
    dwarf rogues- same as above
    dwarf mages,shamans or priests- again, wtf is this? since when dwarves started to like magic?
    dwarf paladins- arent something completly unlikely but again doesnt make much sense anyway... but since i cant exclude it completly then i guess priests are also fine.
    night elf mages- ummmm highborne by playing with their arcane magic brought sargeras to azeroth... why in the name of god, tyrande or malfurion should allow their brethren to start practicing magic again?
    blood elf and tauren paladins- taurens belive in the earthmother not uther or light(connecting those two is like saying that christian priest= village shaman) and blood elf paladin lorewise was the biggest stretch in history of wow. Tough i can understand it as there was no better candidate for this role besides forsaken perphaps but w/e it was for balance. And yes forsaken do fit paladin role. Ppl think that forsaken= scourge... they are not... forsaken are the scourge freed from LK control and having their own will and toughts. So therefore they are humans with different bodies. But since they arent being accepted by their true race (aka humans) they turned to sylvanas.
    There is so much lore fail. I don't know where to begin... So, i won't.