Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Having a class which is completely immune to a type of crowd control is a great way to design a class. So is one class having a buff that is pretty much required to do any current level content on hard mode.

God forbid you need to deal with the same thing every other class in the game needs to. Also, the tooltips only say that the immunity has been changed, you can still shift out of Polymorph. Also, I think people would have more sympathy for Druids if you didn't have the one CC in the game which is completely impossible to remove without using your trinket and which prevents all healing and mana recovery on the target.
    God forbid a mage wouldn't be able to use the same tactic against every single person. Also wrong, you're still immune while in forms. You just can't shift _while you're currently polymorphed_ to escape polymorph anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa View Post
    God forbid a mage wouldn't be able to use the same tactic against every single person. Also wrong, you're still immune while in forms. You just can't shift _while you're currently polymorphed_ to escape polymorph anymore.
    Use the same tactic against every single person....like spamming Cyclone? Polymorph already has a built in weakness, breaking on any damage and healing the character to full. If they use the same tactic on every class it shouldn't be difficult for you to figure out a way to counter it.

Also, that's odd, the news on the front page mentioned that the immunity was removed and didn't mention that shifting was changed. My mistake.

edit: I can see why removing this from shifting makes more sense than the forms, otherwise you have a healer which can dispel Polymorph who can also get out of Polymorph whenever they like.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-09-24 at 09:40 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    It's quite ridiculous how easy any druid can handle a mage of similar skill and gear. Now with this change we finally have another counter to Starfall (besides deep freeze) and can have a bit more chance against ferals.
    A good frost mage PWNs a feral druid even now :P /nerf
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

I play a druid and why the nerf is "Slightly" annoying, I think its still a good change. I dont think iv ever lost to a mage or found one hard to beat... (apart from one who is mega OP >.> on my realm), And cyclone is being made a 2sec cast i heard (up fromm 1.5) so it takes longer to cast. But all ferals will know the ANGER!!! you get when you are agianst a resto druid in area.... Sleep / Sleep / Cyclone / Cyclone / Sleep / Cyclone over and over and over again, And it is very very annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Use the same tactic against every single person....like spamming Cyclone? Polymorph already has a built in weakness, breaking on any damage and healing the character to full. If they use the same tactic on every class it shouldn't be difficult for you to figure out a way to counter it.

Also, that's odd, the news on the front page mentioned that the immunity was removed and didn't mention that shifting was changed. My mistake.

edit: I can see why removing this from shifting makes more sense than the forms, otherwise you have a healer which can dispel Polymorph who can also get out of Polymorph whenever they like.
    From what I hear, that was actually the entire point of the change. But then again, any GOOD resto druid, will sit in cat form until they need to do something, since the shapeshifting cost was reduced anyways. But if you're watching enemy casts anyways, it's not like you would need to sit in a form the whole time.

Deleted
    I want my treeform back!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    this will not stay. Bug/tooltip error imo.

And besides, why would they make FLIGHT FORM not immune to poly?
    players on flight mounts are immune to polymorph. Would the druid just fall to the ground or be a flying sheep like in WC3??

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    The fact that Moonkin Form is not affected and Flight Form is gives me this guess as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa View Post
    You just can't shift _while you're currently polymorphed_ to escape polymorph anymore.
    It doesn't say that. Just says not immune.

Deleted

And besides, why would they make FLIGHT FORM not immune to poly?
    The flight form tooltip never explicitly mentioned the poly immunity. The change just removed the part that says that shape shifting cancels polymorph effects, the polymorph immunity when shapeshifted is still there unlike what boub hastily and incorrectly wrote.

They can be polied WHILE IN CASTER FORM, and they can't shift out of it now. But if they are in CAT/BEAR/WTFEVER form, they CANNOT be polymorphed still.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It doesn't say that. Just says not immune.
    Go actually read the tooltips please.

Edit: Better yet, here they are

Old:
    Shapeshift into aquatic form, increasing swim speed by 50% and allowing the druid to breathe underwater. Also protects the caster from Polymorph effects.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Polymorph and Movement Impairing effects.

New:
    Shapeshift into aquatic form, increasing swim speed by 50% and allowing the druid to breathe underwater. Also protects the caster from Polymorph effects.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Movement Impairing effects.
    Last edited by Shwaa; 2010-09-24 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuousX View Post
    They can be polied WHILE IN CASTER FORM, and they can't shift out of it now. But if they are in CAT/BEAR/WTFEVER form, they CANNOT be polymorphed still.
    this could very well be true, maybe blizzard wants heal druids to be able to be sheeped.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion druids should not get the insta form change as a freebee ability. It should be a talented thing, most suitable for the feral talent tree. The advantages of that ability are far beyond any ability of the other classes in the game.
    Druids=OP and will stay that way, for sure. So being polymorphed is a non-issue, just form change like you do for everything else and run away like the cowards you are.
    thank you, have a nice day, please drive thru.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

this could very well be true, maybe blizzard wants heal druids to be able to be sheeped.
    Well duh? That's exactly what it is inteded for. A Resto Druid nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    In my opinion druids should not get the insta form change as a freebee ability. It should be a talented thing, most suitable for the feral talent tree.
    Nonsense, all druids use shapeshift abilities, no matter whether they're balance, feral or resto. Just giving it to ferals would make no sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    I wouldnt call it a nerf, it's more like balance.

If we strictly follow the class balance - undeads would be immune to shadow magic and fear spells.

booo, because I wanted to roll a worgen druid.
    Yay, because I hate druids in pvp and welcome every nerf to them
    meh, because I couldnt care less since I pve mostly anyway :P
    meh, since I atm do not play a mage nor a druid

conclusion: Meh :P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Shut up
    Druids are OP. This is a great change.

Dunno why there's all the Druid-hate going around ... DPS Druids struggle in PVP, and Resto is outshined by other healers in 5's and even 3's.

IIRC the change is such that shapeshifting will no longer BREAK Poly, but will grant IMMUNITY to it while active. In other words, forms : Poly :: CloS : Fear.

Ferals and Moonkin will be largely unaffected. Resto, however, will no longer be able to shift out of Poly. Of course, a good Resto Druid will shift while the cast is coming, but that's a separate issue.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...