Deleted

how do you think?

So guys, i got a laptop with windows 7 as OS few days ago and now i wonder:

What the average fps with my machine could be in Wotlk/ Cata? While soloing/ in 25 man raids ( like icc)

Feel free to share your minds, maybe some of you even have the same laptop like i do (and have some advices how to make it faster.. )

My laptop is HP Probook 4520s:

Intel Core i5-430M Processor (2.26 GHz, 3MB L3 cache)* Up to 2.53 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
    4096MB of ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350 graphics controller with 512MB dedicated video memory

15.6 in diagonal LED-backlit HD BrightView (1366 x 768 resolution)

320GB 7200 rpm SMART SATA II Hard Drive

Thanks for your time answering this
    Last edited by mmocd48befc3fa; 2010-09-24 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Not much..

May i ask if You are playing with the same/similiar laptop that i do, or its just counting of the numbers i have listed?

I'd say 20-25fps in raids if you play at ultra except shadows on low, but it will drop to 5-10 in heavy aoe.

CPU is powerful enough to run raids at decent speeds, and combined with small resolution it has enough power for most stuff. On the other hand that graphics chip (Radeon 4350) is very weak which will drag down performance of 3D games.

Using external 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 monitor you'd be down to 10-15fps in raids, and less than 5fps during aoe because of insufficient graphics chip. At such high resolution the CPU starts lagging behind also.

This is based on guesstimates of the hardware's capabilities and what people with similar hardware usually are saying their computers can do. But since you have the computer at hand, best way to find out is trying it yourself instead of asking us.

Since it's laptop there isn't much you can do to make games run faster. There are certain software such as gamebooster which turns off unneeded parts of Windows while gaming for bit more speed, but biggest difference will come from tweaking the video settings to acceptable compromise between speed and visual quality. Adding more RAM or changing HDD into SSD will not really help at all, so you can forget those right away.

edit:

Major resource hog in laptops can be all the junk those come preloaded with. Most OEM manufacturers have bad habit of sticking in huge piles of useless trial software you should get rid of asap. http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/ is good way to get started with that.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-09-24 at 09:48 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Awesome post, my friend. Couldn't expect a better one Thanks alot