Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3vs3 is fairly valid, no?

Half man, Half amazin'.

Quote Originally Posted by pestra View Post
    3vs3 is fairly valid, no?
    It would be if your example had included another two people.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoldren View Post
    Why am I against it? Because you can use it while mounted.
    Not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It would be if your example had included another two people.
    ^^^

Where was this argument when Dispersion was a 51 pt. talent? Why bring it up now?

I think you'll find survivability much more important in Cataclysm and that is the only time this argument actually matters. If you want a different 31 pt. talent for Wrath content you're a silly person.

There are classes that don't use mana as a resource calling some talents "mana reduction talents" because taking them will reduce their need for healing, which saves healers mana. It has been said that in Cataclysm healers will not want to top off players the whole time because they will go oom doing so. There are beta videos of players staying at 1% health after a decimate for almost a minute, because there isn't any incoming damage unless they are bad and stand in something.

If your healers are going oom on a boss fight in Cataclysm, but players are not dying, you tell the healers to heal less. If players are dying, you ask the players to stand in less shit or see if they can get some survivability talents or CDs. Dispersion would be a wonderful tool.

You could actually see this kind of thinking in pre-nerf Firefighter. Classes were respec'ing into Survivability talents or using things like Feint every time they were available. Dispersion is going to be more useful than you might think.

Yeah put VT at a 31 talent instead of dispersion, lets screw the Spriest who are leveling! LOL at people who are actually debating this when you're high enough for 31PTs. does it really matter? Does it really?

Meh I don't mind dispersion being at 31.

The issue seems to be that people think we should have something BETTER at 31... Not just asking to swap 2 things, because that would be a mute point. But to replace something earlier in the tree, and give something else...

As it stands at 80 priests may have their first moment of being op...( in something other than aoe).

Anyway, I'm more aggravated by the fact that you must have 31 points to unlock other trees. There are alot of unique specs we could play with across other trees that would actiually reduce the cookie cutter. But we are blocked from that freedom, and I cannot fathom why.

They wanted to avoid things which happened in TBC and Vanilla, which is why you need to unlock your non-specialized trees. SL/SL Locks come to mind. DS Holy Priests. Or most glaringly the 33/28 Arms builds of late BC. They want the tree to make sense rather than being disjointed and requiring strange specs. Look at a raiding Shadow spec though. What would you want in Holy? Nothing. What would you want in Disc? Nothing beyond tier 2 talents. Even then there are only 9 talents you'd want, so you still wind up with filler.

Anyway, as far as Dispersion being 31... I dunno, I like it. It was the 51 pointer before and it worked there fine, so why not at 31? All purpose damage reduction, mana restoring, leveling, PVP, raiding talent.

Its the single best "shield wall" in game, and with the glyph it's cooldown is too short for pvp.

For PVE, ya its pretty lackluster and pretty much sucks. Swap Mind Spike and Dispersion imho. Mind Spike should be Shadows top talent and Dispersion should be a trainer trained skill. And put in talents in Shadow to actually return Mana, where as if Holy or Disc use it, it would not return any mana but would provide damage reduction.
    Last edited by Unferth; 2010-10-25 at 10:45 PM. Reason: clarification

Dispersion would make Discipline incredibly powerful in PVP. Having two different defensive cooldowns, both of which can be used while stunned (while glyphed) and one which returns a massive amount of mana would be broken, it needs to remain a Shadow talent which cannot be accessed by the other talent trees. Even without the mana return the other two trees don't need it.

I am pretty sure most people would hate Mind Spike as the 31 point talent since it's useless in PVE outside of killing low health adds, and PVP. Since it removes all DoTs I don't think it really fits as the end Shadow talent, the tree which focuses on DoTs.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by pestra View Post
    It sometimes prevented me from killing spriests in my first kidney. Thats my reason.
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Dispersion is a awesome ability, but it does not belong as a 31 pointer in our DPS tree. I'm not arguing it isn't a shadow ability, and I don't think it should be given to all priests, but for a 31 pointer, I think we should have something like ret paladins Zealotry Talent that does the following: For X seconds, your mind spike and mind blast abilities do not consume shadow orbs. 2-3 min cooldown.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-10-25 at 11:15 PM.

It is a pretty weak 31 point talent (in pve) for several reasons imo:

1) It gives a significant amount of mana. This is important because they'll design spriest mana regen around using it, probably on cooldown. Which means if you use it defensively to save your own ass, you just wasted some of your mana regen and may do less dps as a result.

2) No real pve application other than mana regen, which is pretty boring for dps (wouldn't be hugely exciting for a healer either tbh) or an oh-shit button (which are nice, but shouldn't be the 31 point talent).

Now if they put in a glyph that removed the dmg reduction but granted 20% increased damage...then it would be a fun ability. This would assume our damage model was changed to include it of course.

In pvp, it is awesome of course.

Poster above me obviously never got star caller

I wish this whole topic would just disperse already. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Poster above me obviously never got star caller
    Astral Walker or bust, imo.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Starcaller > Astral Walker. They totally got those two titles wrong when they assigned them to achievements.

My favorite Dispersion trick though: Surviving Fury of Frostmourne.

you can also use dispersion to maximize your dps on sindragosa and festergut, yeah dispersion sucks

If only there was no silence with it....

Yeah, damn Mages and there casting during Evocation. Those bastards. Wait, what?