Heroic dungeons video!

A quick video of the Heroic version of three dungeons in Cata beta: Grim Batol, Halls of Origination, and Blackrock caverns. Let me know if you have any question.

Added another video of three more heroic dungeons: The Vortex Pinnacle, Lost City of the Tol'vir, and The Deadmines.

Last edited by jincuteguy; 2010-09-27 at 02:52 PM.

My favorite part is that they finished all 3 within the first day of it being released. Totalbiscuit's video is VERY misleading as you saw this group down that boss as well. Clearly the Ilvl different plays a part as well as skill of players. Heroic dungeons are a challenge yes, but these people prove that they are doable with a few attempts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklarg View Post
    My favorite part is that they finished all 3 within the first day of it being released. Totalbiscuit's video is VERY misleading as you saw this group down that boss as well. Clearly the Ilvl different plays a part as well as skill of players. Heroic dungeons are a challenge yes, but these people prove that they are doable with a few attempts.
    They are still just heroics, stop acting as if it would be ideal to wipe endlessly because they are really hard. It would just get frustrating, as tons of people would leave heroics because they cba wiping in them. Besides, moderade difficulty fits best because they are something you can always try again the next day, or in other words, something not so important as, raids, for example. If you want something really challenging, try doing raids while not overgearing them (speaking about Cata). Well, that's the theory anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't comment stuff if you ain't in beta tbh, yes feedback is welcome but saying "Dull, content is easymode" without testing it yourself is just plain out rude.

I can tell you SFK Hc is a pain in the ass.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Most of the bosses shown in the video were indeed killed in 2 or fewer attempts. Bosses that we couldn't kill in those dungeons were Ammunae in HoO and Beauty in BRC. Ammunae was bugged and was outhealing our damage output. Beauty pulled with her three children which hit for 20k each and have a flame breath. If you kill them she enrages and one-shots. We didn't have the time to pound our heads into a wall until we burned her down before our DK died and we moved on.

Our group has a korean in it, so we only do dungeons late at night. Two of our people have early morning Jobs. This video was done over two nights, about two-hours each night at most.

The difficulty of the heroic dungeons aren't anything to sniff at. They do have interesting mechanics that most players won't be able to handle and WILL wipe to. Every player in our dungeon group could be considered a world-class player, and laughs at any fight WotLK had to offer. Don't judge the difficulty of the dungeons shown based on this video, it's just a preview I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    Don't judge the difficulty of the dungeons shown based on this video, it's just a preview I guess.
    Indeed. So far i've only cleared Grim Batol Heroic (and the first three bosses in Deadmines), but i can confirm that if your group is not coordinated enough, or even one player messes up, you will most likely wipe. Think Lady Deathwhisper Heroic with half the raid not moving away from the ghosts.

Of course you will outgear heroics someday, but i don't see 50% of the players you meet via the lfd-tool getting through any heroic in the first few months/weeks of cataclysm without beeing carried by 4 highly skilled players. Normal 85 dungeons give you lvl 333 blues (which almost everyone on beta has been farming), heroics drop only slightly better 346 blues, so even if everyone was decked out in heroic gear, you wouldn't be able to compensate for too many errors just by "outgearing" it. Yes, when you are wearing full T11 you might faceroll through heroics, but who cares then?
    Last edited by Butch; 2010-09-25 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn View Post
    They are still just heroics, stop acting as if it would be ideal to wipe endlessly because they are really hard. It would just get frustrating, as tons of people would leave heroics because they cba wiping in them. Besides, moderade difficulty fits best because they are something you can always try again the next day, or in other words, something not so important as, raids, for example. If you want something really challenging, try doing raids while not overgearing them (speaking about Cata). Well, that's the theory anyway.
    Never did I say it would be ideal to wipe endlessly, I"m merely commenting on TotalBiscuit's video of the first boss of Blackrock and how his group wiped countlessly. Their group was undergeared severely and I'm guessing not the best players like the ones in this video. Hard to respond when half of you bash for saying they are too easy, and half bash for saying I shouldn't want them so hard.

Never did I say it would be ideal to wipe endlessly, I"m merely commenting on TotalBiscuit's video of the first boss of Blackrock and how his group wiped countlessly. Their group was undergeared severely and I'm guessing not the best players like the ones in this video. Hard to respond when half of you bash for saying they are too easy, and half bash for saying I shouldn't want them so hard.
    You automatically assume that the people in this video one shot everything so it looks easy? Wrong, its just editing they probably whiped a few times on almost every boss before they got the strat down perfectly.

Your not in beta you don't know the experience. And totalbisuuits group IS UNDER GEARED he even said it himself your not going to beat a instance when everyone is under geared.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

For Heroics; I have done half of Deadmines and Throne of the Tides, and all of Lost City and Vortex Pinicle. I would love to see Totalbiscuit try Thone of Tides.

Quote Originally Posted by joerogan View Post
    I would love to see Totalbiscuit try Thone of Tides.
    ^This. If Totalbiscuit thinks the first boss in BRC is impossible (which, in the video above, we did one-shot*), then hes going to shit on himself in ToT. Very raw mechanics that require specific group comps :X

*For the record, Fury Warriors are OP for killing the chains we get locked in, and Mages are OP for killing/kiting the adds that spawn from his Quake cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope all of this doesn't make people bring specific classes and not the player. I think Blizzard forgot all about that when they were making these heroics and forgot about the fact that some classes are just overpowered in some fights. I haven't seen Death Knight tanking in a long time, hope they bring them back .

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    ^This. If Totalbiscuit thinks the first boss in BRC is impossible (which, in the video above, we did one-shot*), then hes going to shit on himself in ToT. Very raw mechanics that require specific group comps :X

*For the record, Fury Warriors are OP for killing the chains we get locked in, and Mages are OP for killing/kiting the adds that spawn from his Quake cast.
    he never said it was impossible..it wasn't possible in their gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaez View Post
    he never said it was impossible..it wasn't possible in their gear...
    Actually, none of the players in this video are premade's, they are all their live characters transfered over. The only gear that they have upgraded from their ICC gear is from normal modes/Quests/Heroics that they have done.

So your comment was overly entertaining to me when I read it.

What I am trying to get at is that totalbiscuit isn't the greatest of players and because he thinks the heroics are hard doesn't always mean that they are. Although it might seem like I'm trying to say "HE SUX, IM TEH LEET" but I'm more trying to say that casual players who don't play to their classes higher of possibilities are going to have a wake up call when Cataclysm comes out, not only in the Heroics but Leveling in general.

Actually, none of the players in this video are premade's, they are all their live characters transfered over. The only gear that they have upgraded from their ICC gear is from normal modes/Quests/Heroics that they have done.

So your comment was overly entertaining to me when I read it.

What I am trying to get at is that totalbiscuit isn't the greatest of players and because he thinks the heroics are hard doesn't always mean that they are. Although it might seem like I'm trying to say "HE SUX, IM TEH LEET" but I'm more trying to say that casual players who don't play to their classes higher of possibilities are going to have a wake up call when Cataclysm comes out, not only in the Heroics but Leveling in general.
    I've seen Casual players that are a thousand times better than some Hardcore players. Not all "Casuals" are going to have this 'wake up' call...

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    I've seen Casual players that are a thousand times better than some Hardcore players. Not all "Casuals" are going to have this 'wake up' call...
    Your taking what I said out of context, read over what I said slowly.

Your taking what I said out of context, read over what I said slowly.
    Okie dokies...

Although it might seem like I'm trying to say "HE SUX, IM TEH LEET" but I'm more trying to say that casual players who don't play to their classes higher of possibilities are going to have a wake up call when Cataclysm comes out, not only in the Heroics but Leveling in general.
    You singled out "Casual Players", where you could've quite easily just used the term "Players", and thus this entire agenda would've been averted. There are Hardcore players out there playing WoW 24/7 that don't play their class to the highest possibility, conversely there are Casuals out there that put in a few or more hours every weekend and achieve great results.

Updated with a 2nd video of three more heroic dungeons: Vortex Pinnacle, Lost City of the Tol'vir, and The Deadmines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    There are Hardcore players out there playing WoW 24/7 that don't play their class to the highest possibility, conversely there are Casuals out there that put in a few or more hours every weekend and achieve great the best possible results.
    I'm glad I am the latter.

/arrogant