I want attonement and Chakra!

Does anyone else think locking someone into a talent tree once you pick the spec for it is dumb? It stops me from making awesome builds such as getting the attonement smite healing and the smite chakra state since there aren't enough points left once you get the required amount in holy The build itself would probably be mediocre for raids/instances but I at least want to try it.
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

Deleted
    Duel specs...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpies View Post
    Does anyone else think locking someone into a talent tree once you pick the spec for it is dumb? It stops me from making awesome builds such as getting the attonement smite healing and the smite chakra state since there aren't enough points left once you get the required amount in holy The build itself would probably be mediocre for raids/instances but I at least want to try it.
    Right now in dungeons you barley have time to even get a smite off since you need to be healing almost 100% of the time. So it would just be wasted points.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Blizzard's new model is "We're going to give you enough points to subspec one tree. Make your choice"

Quote Originally Posted by Water View Post
    Duel specs...?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean going something with at least 14 points in disc and at least 21 points in holy for a combination of both trees.
    "Whenever i crit 10 times in a row on resto druid and can't kill it i exit wow, go outside... walk a bit and find a kitty and beat the fucking shit out of it and throw it in a bush."

-Venator

it's a great choice from blizz pov. easier to blance, easier to understand for new players and the only downside is that it "breaks" some player creativity.

It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Araun View Post
    it's a great choice from blizz pov. easier to blance, easier to understand for new players and the only downside is that it "breaks" some player creativity.

It's fine.
    In this scenario player creativity would be gimping the raid.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You get locked to a tree. With this in mind Blizz no longer had to bury all good talents right a the end of a tree to prevent someone speccing a 50:50 tree.

The only reason that both these awesome talents seem to be within reach is because you are locked to a specific tree. If you weren't locked to a tree they would move the talents out of your reach anyway, which just ends up with the tops of trees being boring.

Presuming you are not trolling, the talent trees were designed specifically to stop you from doing that - those builds only look possible to you because the devs knew such builds are not possible. If they removed the lock, they'd redo all the trees to minimise weird cherry-picking builds like the ones you pine for.

Hate to rain on your parade like that, but you're putting the cart before the horse in a way that grates at my sense of logic :P

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."