Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I got a couple of questions for who has datas:
    -do you refresh is even when lunar procs?
    -the movement rotation will be likely: proc a lunar eclipse, cast is, and the spam mf or instants you have until movement is over?

Deleted
    Yes. IS has crazy high DPET, and it scales with haste. Not only that, but it procs Shooting Stars as well.

Yes, but if you are in solar instead, you cast sunfire instead, ofcourse. If you are not in an eclipse, but have to move, you'll just have to do it without the eclipse bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    A minor issue. Everywhere else, it works excactly like moonfire, and Sunfire is a rather new spell on the PTR and beta. I'm sure it will be fixed when all other DOTs scale.

Why do you think moonfire sucks, then?

Yes, but you would never, ever cast starfire during solar eclipse, the only time we have sunfire up. But truth be told, I don't really see myself using Glyph of Starfire anyways, since that usually causes me to clip my moonfire when I put up sunfire.
    To me it just feels underwhelming, as does the glyph. That's my personal opinion, although I'm pretty sure if I said the sky was blue you'd try to debate me on it.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Yes. IS has crazy high DPET, and it scales with haste. Not only that, but it procs Shooting Stars as well.

Yes, but if you are in solar instead, you cast sunfire instead, ofcourse. If you are not in an eclipse, but have to move, you'll just have to do it without the eclipse bonus.
    Oh well i'm currently just testing on the ptr and there lunar shower doesn't work for sunfire, for me atleast.
    Thanks for tips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    To me it just feels underwhelming, as does the glyph. That's my personal opinion, although I'm pretty sure if I said the sky was blue you'd try to debate me on it.
    I am debating you on it, because your personal oppinion is not an argument. Everybody is entitled to their own oppinion, but this is a forum - if someone disagrees with you, you should be able to back up your claim.

I asked you to list the DPET of your moonfire, compared to that of wrath and starfire. And whether its underwhelming or not, moonfire's DPET is about 3 times as high as wrath and starfire. Thats hardly underwhelming.

Sky is marine blue, btw..

Quote Originally Posted by Morning_star View Post
    Oh well i'm currently just testing on the ptr and there lunar shower doesn't work for sunfire, for me atleast.
    Thanks for tips.
    That's just you, it's working fine for me.

Sky is grey over here... stupid clouds. Well, right now it's black, but that is because it's night.

Well If this hasn't been mentioned, but with shooting stars, isn't it best to cast starsurge on cooldown now? Because there's always the chance it can become reprocced, as with the situation of pally 4pt10 with divine storm. And in my experience, Casting a starsurge uneclipsed isn't too detrimental as it usually comes off cooldown before the eclipse ends.

And now with the euphoria change the eclipses will last longer. Now this was before sunfire and shooting stars, as my internet has went to shit. But if I alternated lunar and solar eclipses, starfall would come off of cooldown every time I come back to a lunar eclipse. I wonder with shooting stars and starsurge glyph, if the cooldown is effectively short enough to be worth casting starfall on cooldown.

With mana, before this patch, I would cast about 5 mins or so before running oom, innervate bought another min or so every cast. But if I really had to regen mana, I would hit an eclipse, wait for the decay, and then reproc the eclipse for more mana. But with the new dreamstate, I think that mana problems are for the most part solved, with an innervate that can restore half of your mana, you should be able to keep your mana up if you dont use more than half your mana over 3 mins each time. And from the looks of it, it is not that bad. It seems that extending eclipses is trading mana for damage, all about choices isn't it?

One last question, can sunfire and moonfire be active at the same time?

And...
    Sky is marine blue, btw..
    win
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2010-09-29 at 01:57 AM. Reason: lots of additions
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Well If this hasn't been mentioned, but with shooting stars, isn't it best to cast starsurge on cooldown now? Because there's always the chance it can become reprocced, as with the situation of pally 4pt10 with divine storm. And in my experience, Casting a starsurge uneclipsed isn't too detrimental as it usually comes off cooldown before the eclipse ends.

And now with the euphoria change the eclipses will last longer. Now this was before sunfire and shooting stars, as my internet has went to shit. But if I alternated lunar and solar eclipses, starfall would come off of cooldown every time I come back to a lunar eclipse. I wonder with shooting stars and starsurge glyph, if the cooldown is effectively short enough to be worth casting starfall on cooldown.

With mana, before this patch, I would cast about 5 mins or so before running oom, innervate bought another min or so every cast. But if I really had to regen mana, I would hit an eclipse, wait for the decay, and then reproc the eclipse for more mana. But with the new dreamstate, I think that mana problems are for the most part solved, with an innervate that can restore half of your mana, you should be able to keep your mana up if you dont use more than half your mana over 3 mins each time. And from the looks of it, it is not that bad. It seems that extending eclipses is trading mana for damage, all about choices isn't it?

One last question, can sunfire and moonfire be active at the same time?

And...

win
    You do want to cast Starsurge on cooldown. There will be a few times you may be at 95 lunar power when you do it, but it's not a huge deal.
    Casting Starsurge on cooldown and whenever shooting stars is up should allow you to cast Starfall every Lunar Eclipse (if you have Glyph of Starsurge)

And no, Moonfire and Sunfire are mutually exclusive.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    BoomChickn > Are you talking mana problems at leel 80 or 85? Cause on the PTR, I can go 10 minutes before I reach 50% with a mana spec, and innervate would fix the rest and then some. I hear that people have mana problems at 85, but it shouldn't really happen on the PTR unless you're just starting out.

15+ Year Old Account
    BoomChickn > Are you talking mana problems at leel 80 or 85? Cause on the PTR, I can go 10 minutes before I reach 50% with a mana spec, and innervate would fix the rest and then some. I hear that people have mana problems at 85, but it shouldn't really happen on the PTR unless you're just starting out.
    He said before this patch, so I'm assuming he meant before Dreamstate, which means innervate wouldn't have done much.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Sunfyre pretty much answered for me, but it was at 80, I dont has beta...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.